Game of Thrones

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:59 pm

noeldaddy wrote:
SteveGo wrote:
Solar wrote:R+L=J finally confirmed. The drymounting King in the North!
So John will be our 2nd dragon rider, who will ride the 3rd?
This episode clearly solidified Jon as the main character of the show. Jon will ride a dragon, but it won't be one of the lesser dragons. He gets Drogon. I have a feeling Dany will die, likely at the hands of Daario Nahaeris. There won't be an Iron Throne to sit. By the time this show is over there won't even be any houses anymore.
Side note- seems like they purposely muffled out Jon's name when Lyanna was telling Ned what she wanted to name him. Is it possible Jon's truename isn't even Jon?
I have opinions on what will happen to Dany. But it has to do with prophecies I'm not sure were in the show, and apparently people get fiesty about that around here
ImageImage #trollcru
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
cotis
Art Expert

Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:01 pm

jmagee87 wrote:
noeldaddy wrote:
SteveGo wrote:
This episode clearly solidified Jon as the main character of the show. Jon will ride a dragon, but it won't be one of the lesser dragons. He gets Drogon. I have a feeling Dany will die, likely at the hands of Daario Nahaeris. There won't be an Iron Throne to sit. By the time this show is over there won't even be any houses anymore.
Side note- seems like they purposely muffled out Jon's name when Lyanna was telling Ned what she wanted to name him. Is it possible Jon's truename isn't even Jon?
I have opinions on what will happen to Dany. But it has to do with prophecies I'm not sure were in the show, and apparently people get fiesty about that around here
fug em spill it
Philpenn
Art Expert

Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:06 pm

That fudge got all whispery for a reason. In a way it confirmed nothing.
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:17 pm

if you want to discuss fudge that happened in the books go to the drymounting book thread.
8=====D~~~~
cotis
Art Expert

Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:32 pm

jmagee87
Art Expert

Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:45 pm

The problem is you cant talk about this fudge in the book thread because this season hasnt happened in the books. And you can't talk about fudge that happened in the books that has implications in the show. So where the hell can we talk about it?
ImageImage #trollcru
matowest
Art Expert

Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:46 pm

So, Jon is "King in the North," but does that change if folks find out he's not Ned's son? Does he have any claim to Winterfell by being Lyanna's son?
jmagee87
Art Expert

Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:48 pm

Well if Lyanna and Rhaegar were married secretly (and if they could somehow prove it outside of Bran's visions), the Jon is the rightful heir to the Iron Throne, and Bran would be the rightful heir to Winterfell. I think ultimately Jon will sit on the Iron Throne. As it's a "song of ice and fire", I believe the entire story is Jon's story.
ImageImage #trollcru
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:49 pm

jmagee87 wrote:
noeldaddy wrote:
SteveGo wrote:
Except they DO hint at it in the show. They say another queen will take Cersei's place. They don't talk about the fudge you talked about.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
noeldaddy
Art Expert

Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:01 pm

matowest wrote:So, Jon is "King in the North," but does that change if folks find out he's not Ned's son? Does he have any claim to Winterfell by being Lyanna's son?
Little Lyanna (Mormont)'s speech basically made the point of "we don't care what the drymount your name is we'll follow you to the end"
ImageImage
matowest
Art Expert

Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:10 pm

noeldaddy wrote:
matowest wrote:So, Jon is "King in the North," but does that change if folks find out he's not Ned's son? Does he have any claim to Winterfell by being Lyanna's son?
Little Lyanna (Mormont)'s speech basically made the point of "we don't care what the drymount your name is we'll follow you to the end"
Yeah, fair enough.
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:26 pm

jmagee87 wrote:Well if Lyanna and Rhaegar were married secretly (and if they could somehow prove it outside of Bran's visions), the Jon is the rightful heir to the Iron Throne, and Bran would be the rightful heir to Winterfell. I think ultimately Jon will sit on the Iron Throne. As it's a "song of ice and fire", I believe the entire story is Jon's story.
That would be so weird if Dany dies and Jon Snow becomes king. They're really showing off both characters now, especially Jon. If anything, they'll work together to make her queen or they'll both have very important roles for different parts of the world. For him to suddenly have a relationship with dragons is a little weird too.

As for Bran, Jon, Sansa: With the knowledge we have, Bran is the rightful heir to Winterfell, followed by Sansa. But Jon's a guy, they all think he's part Stark, and she's happy with letting him lead since he's older, noble, trustworthy, etc. You should see the number of comments on Facebook claiming Jon is the greatest leader because he's doing all the work, and yet he's received help from over the place (which is a sign of a good king, but give credit to everyone involved, including his family and friends).

In my opinion, Jon's a little boring to be the main focus of the show. They've already cut out other, interesting things from the show (that were present in the books) to keep him a central figure and move his story along. Which is a huge sign that he's going to stick around for a while. However, in terms of personality, there's barely any development there when you compare him to other main characters. He's always been a sad sack. Let's have some positivity with a mix of characters at the end, ruling different parts of the world.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:28 pm

noeldaddy wrote:
She reminds me of alia atreides with her precociousness.

I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:36 pm

I definitely think Dany dies but Snow will come out on top but just be like "ok I'm gonna go post up at Winterfell and hold fudge down in the North. I don't care about the Iron Throne and that nonsense. You guys can figure out who wants to sit on the throne but don't get it twisted... You gotta run fudge by me first when it comes to big boy decisions." Or something along those lines :lol:

And Tyrion is the third dragon rider. I think it's more than likely he is one of their cousins or brother as well.
Last edited by 63schoeffling on Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
h2ogokid182
New User

Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:37 pm

noeldaddy wrote:
SteveGo wrote:

Seeing as how other threads in the book were tied together with certain character threads in the show (a la one of the best scenes from last night), I think it would be fair to assume that the name whispered in the muffle may also tie a book thread into the show. I don't mean to be overly cryptic, but if you've read the books, it would be obvious what Jon's real name might be . . . at least in my opinion . . .