Game of Thrones

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
seppuku
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:50 pm

Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:56 pm

Codeblue wrote: Do we know for sure when the Vale dudes committed to (re)joining? Sansa had previously told Littlefinger to kick rocks so perhaps she didn't know they were going to show?
Well Sansa knew enough to leave the parlay early, disappear and not show up until the end of the battle.
She couldn't have said 'hang on Jon I'm getting a text, can you just hold them back 40mins'...

I mean was Sansa willingly sacrificing Jon with that plan? Did she sacrifice Rickon?
Sansa mentions herself how Rickon is above her in the pecking order.
She was pretty responsible for having an army fighting in her name slaughtered.
When she was complaining that no one was listening to her and Jon begged her for information and what to do, she didn't think then that oh maybe mention she might have a massive army on the way.
You can even tell on her face that she was struggling to hold onto that secret, why not tell him?

Also by killing her own army and killing those loyal to Ramsey Sansa has essentially left the North open to conquest by the Vale and at the mercy of Littlefinger, like what army at the moment would challenge and stop him?

I'm afraid the truth is probably scarier, they wrote an awesome battle for a tv show and then had to work a way around the characters having no common sense to create tension and achieve the big moment. Sansa not knowing what to say is literally the writers not knowing what to do when they write themselves into a corner.
Bit of a rant I know but when it is written so well previously and actions have consequences as drastic as Red Weddings it bugs me when characters are sacrificed for cool moments to get the internet buzzing and 'top' the season before.
Passing the books might not be a great thing if it means we get a dumb ending.
User avatar
pjsteelerfan
Art Expert
Posts: 1176
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:00 am

Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:21 pm

seppuku wrote:
Codeblue wrote: Do we know for sure when the Vale dudes committed to (re)joining? Sansa had previously told Littlefinger to kick rocks so perhaps she didn't know they were going to show?
Well Sansa knew enough to leave the parlay early, disappear and not show up until the end of the battle.
She couldn't have said 'hang on Jon I'm getting a text, can you just hold them back 40mins'...

I mean was Sansa willingly sacrificing Jon with that plan? Did she sacrifice Rickon?
Sansa mentions herself how Rickon is above her in the pecking order.
She was pretty responsible for having an army fighting in her name slaughtered.
When she was complaining that no one was listening to her and Jon begged her for information and what to do, she didn't think then that oh maybe mention she might have a massive army on the way.
You can even tell on her face that she was struggling to hold onto that secret, why not tell him?

Also by killing her own army and killing those loyal to Ramsey Sansa has essentially left the North open to conquest by the Vale and at the mercy of Littlefinger, like what army at the moment would challenge and stop him?

I'm afraid the truth is probably scarier, they wrote an awesome battle for a tv show and then had to work a way around the characters having no common sense to create tension and achieve the big moment. Sansa not knowing what to say is literally the writers not knowing what to do when they write themselves into a corner.
Bit of a rant I know but when it is written so well previously and actions have consequences as drastic as Red Weddings it bugs me when characters are sacrificed for cool moments to get the internet buzzing and 'top' the season before.
Passing the books might not be a great thing if it means we get a dumb ending.

The battle would have gone differently if Jon had not been stupid and forced his men to do exactly what Ramsay wanted them to do. Basically what Jon was trying to get Ramsay's forces to do. Sansa could have said something, but she might not have know the vale would show up in time. She also did not force Jon to try and take on 6000 men by himself. She told him Rikon was basically already dead, Jon failed to take her advice. She was also at the War counsel the night before.

Having read the books, I find it funny when people complain about passing the books. I wonder when WOW comes out, if stuff from this season basically happens similar in book 6, will it be OK then?
User avatar
hunterjax
Art Expert
Posts: 4619
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:40 am

Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:32 pm

pjsteelerfan wrote:
seppuku wrote:
Codeblue wrote: Do we know for sure when the Vale dudes committed to (re)joining? Sansa had previously told Littlefinger to kick rocks so perhaps she didn't know they were going to show?
Well Sansa knew enough to leave the parlay early, disappear and not show up until the end of the battle.
She couldn't have said 'hang on Jon I'm getting a text, can you just hold them back 40mins'...

I mean was Sansa willingly sacrificing Jon with that plan? Did she sacrifice Rickon?
Sansa mentions herself how Rickon is above her in the pecking order.
She was pretty responsible for having an army fighting in her name slaughtered.
When she was complaining that no one was listening to her and Jon begged her for information and what to do, she didn't think then that oh maybe mention she might have a massive army on the way.
You can even tell on her face that she was struggling to hold onto that secret, why not tell him?

Also by killing her own army and killing those loyal to Ramsey Sansa has essentially left the North open to conquest by the Vale and at the mercy of Littlefinger, like what army at the moment would challenge and stop him?


I'm afraid the truth is probably scarier, they wrote an awesome battle for a tv show and then had to work a way around the characters having no common sense to create tension and achieve the big moment. Sansa not knowing what to say is literally the writers not knowing what to do when they write themselves into a corner.
Bit of a rant I know but when it is written so well previously and actions have consequences as drastic as Red Weddings it bugs me when characters are sacrificed for cool moments to get the internet buzzing and 'top' the season before.
Passing the books might not be a great thing if it means we get a dumb ending.

The battle would have gone differently if Jon had not been stupid and forced his men to do exactly what Ramsay wanted them to do. Basically what Jon was trying to get Ramsay's forces to do. Sansa could have said something, but she might not have know the vale would show up in time. She also did not force Jon to try and take on 6000 men by himself. She told him Rikon was basically already dead, Jon failed to take her advice. She was also at the War counsel the night before.

Having read the books, I find it funny when people complain about passing the books. I wonder when WOW comes out, if stuff from this season basically happens similar in book 6, will it be OK then?
Maybe major plot points will be the same in the books as they are in the show, but just taking Sansa as an example (without getting too spoilery about the books, which I know have their own thread) - she's in a WAY different place in the books than she is in the show right now. And I don't just mean location . . . she's still very much the "princess" Sansa in the books despite pretty much all the same things happening to her that have happened in the show minus one MAJOR life-change. In the books, she surely "on the road" to becoming the Sansa she is in the show, but she's not even close to being as jaded, as forcefully grown up, or as cold-blooded yet.

In the show when Ramsay says there's a little bit of him in her, I think there's actually a lot of him AND Littlefinger in her now . . . so much so, that she intentionally held back including Jon in her plans and DID write off Rickon's death as foregone and not worth trying to change. They both broke her and betrayed her and took so much from her, she's a much harder/fatalistic character than she is in the books so far.
_____________
RambosRemodeler wrote:.........You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.
User avatar
haven
Art Expert
Posts: 5526
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am

Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:38 pm

Amidst the dragons and battle, forgot about Davos finding Shireen's toy in the fire pit.
User avatar
hunterjax
Art Expert
Posts: 4619
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:40 am

Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:38 pm

binky79 wrote:Most interested in Baelish. Almost done with 6 seasons and I'm still not sure if he's a good guy or a bad guy. Hell, I'm not really sure what his endgame is. Married to Sansa and Warden of the North? If so, why pawn her off on the Boltons last season?
He's pretty much responsible for everything that's happened - he's the biggest "villain" on the show! He's the one who pushed Lissa Tully-Arryn into poisoning Jon Arryn, which led to Robert Baratheon seeking out Ned Stark to be Hand of the King. He betrayed Ned to Cirsei; he put into motion the Queen of Thorns assassinating Joffrey.

His end game is the Iron Throne ... always has been, always will be. He wants Sansa as a trophy to replace the fact that he lost Catelyn to Ned Stark, and in the process he wants to wipe out the Stark name (which he basically let the Battle of the Bastards do in his mind, since he doesn't know that Arya or Bran are still alive.) He already controls the East (the Vale) and now, effectively, he will hold the North, because Jon and Sansa can't do it without him.
_____________
RambosRemodeler wrote:.........You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.
User avatar
hunterjax
Art Expert
Posts: 4619
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:40 am

Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:43 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:Rewatched. So good.

Also didn't notice on the first watch how Dany looks to Tyrion before giving Yara and the Iron Islands independence. He really is firmly ensconced as her most trusted advisor now. How drymounting psyched is he? Tyron's story is by far the most fascinating of all of them. Can't wait to see where he ends up.
The other side of this was Yara looking to Theon for approval when Dany says that she will give Yara the Salt Throne as long as they stop raiding and raping the Seven Kingdoms. Theon's now just as much her "hand."
_____________
RambosRemodeler wrote:.........You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.
User avatar
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert
Posts: 5756
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:05 am
Location: Houston, TX

Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:46 pm

hunterjax wrote:
earlgreytoast wrote:Rewatched. So good.

Also didn't notice on the first watch how Dany looks to Tyrion before giving Yara and the Iron Islands independence. He really is firmly ensconced as her most trusted advisor now. How drymounting psyched is he? Tyron's story is by far the most fascinating of all of them. Can't wait to see where he ends up.
The other side of this was Yara looking to Theon for approval when Dany says that she will give Yara the Salt Throne as long as they stop raiding and raping the Seven Kingdoms. Theon's now just as much her "hand."
I thought she was looking at Tyrion to see what the outstretched hand meant.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
User avatar
hunterjax
Art Expert
Posts: 4619
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:40 am

Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:48 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:
hunterjax wrote:
earlgreytoast wrote:Rewatched. So good.

Also didn't notice on the first watch how Dany looks to Tyrion before giving Yara and the Iron Islands independence. He really is firmly ensconced as her most trusted advisor now. How drymounting psyched is he? Tyron's story is by far the most fascinating of all of them. Can't wait to see where he ends up.
The other side of this was Yara looking to Theon for approval when Dany says that she will give Yara the Salt Throne as long as they stop raiding and raping the Seven Kingdoms. Theon's now just as much her "hand."
I thought she was looking at Tyrion to see what the outstretched hand meant.
that was her second look; she checked with him after the comment he made about "what happens when each kingdom demands it's independence?"
_____________
RambosRemodeler wrote:.........You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.
User avatar
piper27
Art Expert
Posts: 1153
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:52 pm
Location: Stewart, Mn

Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:54 pm

I have a feeling Theon is far to broke and messed up to become anything but his sisters hand. Maybe that's what he wants though
Codeblue wrote:Try vigorously rubbing yer peen on it several times.
User avatar
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert
Posts: 5756
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:05 am
Location: Houston, TX

Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:03 pm

ah. thanks. I was focused on the palpable sexual tension between the 2 of them.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
User avatar
hunterjax
Art Expert
Posts: 4619
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:40 am

Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:05 pm

piper27 wrote:I have a feeling Theon is far to broke and messed up to become anything but his sisters hand. Maybe that's what he wants though
yeah, I meant Yara's hand, not to be Dany's . . .agree that's all he wants, is to help Yara
_____________
RambosRemodeler wrote:.........You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.
User avatar
hunterjax
Art Expert
Posts: 4619
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:40 am

Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:05 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:ah. thanks. I was focused on the palpable sexual tension between the 2 of them.
the Shippening, Part IX
_____________
RambosRemodeler wrote:.........You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
Posts: 8229
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am

Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:46 pm

I thought it was a given that Carcetti was the most major player through the entire series. Smartest dude on the show and he will definitely end up getting whatever he wants... Which is probably the throne.
User avatar
hunterjax
Art Expert
Posts: 4619
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:40 am

Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:47 pm

63schoeffling wrote:I thought it was a given that Carcetti was the most major player through the entire series. Smartest dude on the show and he will definitely end up getting whatever he wants... Which is probably the throne.
or a sword through the face eventually . . .
_____________
RambosRemodeler wrote:.........You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
Posts: 8229
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am

Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:55 pm

hunterjax wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:I thought it was a given that Carcetti was the most major player through the entire series. Smartest dude on the show and he will definitely end up getting whatever he wants... Which is probably the throne.
or a sword through the face eventually . . .
Fa sho. But I think it will most certainly get to the breaking point towards then end where he has a legit shot to get it. I couldn't say how it plays out but if I'm a betting man, he's the smartest dude in Westeros so I'm not betting against him.
Post Reply