Game of Thrones

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
jkw3000
EB Trainee

Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:16 pm

bethemonkey wrote:Vacation.
Darkknight37 wrote:My only question is where the drymount is Ghost?
Eating. Because his owner isn't a dick.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:24 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
bethemonkey wrote:Vacation.
Darkknight37 wrote:My only question is where the drymount is Ghost?
Eating. Because his owner isn't a dick.
:clap:
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:32 pm

Philpenn wrote:Because storytelling. Same reason Wun Wun fought sans weapon. Had he simply uprooted a tree and swung it around, there would have been no need for the Knights of the Vale.
Also, Ramsay would've killed Rickon no matter what. He has a full army with thousands of arrows.
seppuku wrote:there is no way Ramsey is bold enough to kill the only valuable hostage he had.
I'm with Sansa on that one. Read above. Ramsay thinks there's only one Stark kid stopping him from getting what he wants. He's arrogant.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:45 pm

Philpenn wrote:^^ And we don't see him doing any of those killings. Just bodies hitting the ground.

63schoeffling wrote:Booya
You said "magic". We saw him change faces, don't remember which season that was though.
seppuku wrote:
Philpenn wrote:Because storytelling. Same reason Wun Wun fought sans weapon. Had he simply uprooted a tree and swung it around, there would have been no need for the Knights of the Vale.
Also because storytelling: Sansa gave up on Rickon and got him killed and the vast majority of the Northern army they DID have was killed.
Sansa is one of my favourite characters from the book and show but if she had just told Jon the Knights of the Vale were on the way Jon could have waited a day and they would have won anyway with a lot less loss on their side.
Also with Vale knights there making their army double the size there is no way Ramsey is bold enough to kill the only valuable hostage he had.
So for me what was meant to give Sansa her badass moment was just me thinking 'why you get everyone killed?'
This wasn't Helm's Deep where they were running out of time.

But the battle was basically Braveheart meets Saving Private Ryan beach landing which was outstanding.
*though with all the digital horses in the background would it kill them to make one a digital white wolf...?*
Do we know for sure when the Vale dudes committed to (re)joining? Sansa had previously told Littlefinger to kick rocks so perhaps she didn't know they were going to show?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:20 pm

codeblue wrote:
seppuku wrote:
Also because storytelling: Sansa gave up on Rickon and got him killed and the vast majority of the Northern army they DID have was killed.
Sansa is one of my favourite characters from the book and show but if she had just told Jon the Knights of the Vale were on the way Jon could have waited a day and they would have won anyway with a lot less loss on their side.
Also with Vale knights there making their army double the size there is no way Ramsey is bold enough to kill the only valuable hostage he had.
So for me what was meant to give Sansa her badass moment was just me thinking 'why you get everyone killed?'
This wasn't Helm's Deep where they were running out of time.

But the battle was basically Braveheart meets Saving Private Ryan beach landing which was outstanding.
*though with all the digital horses in the background would it kill them to make one a digital white wolf...?*
Do we know for sure when the Vale dudes committed to (re)joining? Sansa had previously told Littlefinger to kick rocks so perhaps she didn't know they were going to show?
She wrote him a letter two episodes ago, right after they failed to get House Glover on their side.
Last edited by hunterjax on Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:24 pm

That look of pure hatred and death from Lady Mormont

ImageImage #trollcru
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:24 pm

Duh. But did she get a reply before he showed up on the battlefield?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
alteridiom
Art Expert

Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:50 pm

alteridiom wrote:Ghost kills/eats Bolton.
Great episode but was really hoping Ghost was gonna get the kill but was satisfied with it being Bolton's dogs.
Small town pizza lawyer
cotis
Art Expert

Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:01 pm

jmagee87 wrote:That look of pure hatred and death from Lady Mormont

bootlegger
jmagee87
Art Expert

Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:05 pm

Man I found that on the interwebs yo
ImageImage #trollcru
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:42 pm

Codeblue wrote:Duh. But did she get a reply before he showed up on the battlefield?
rolling those dice, yo! :D
trarex
Art Expert

Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:29 pm

Since John is a bastard we now have a Queen of the north , queen of the iron islands , queen of dorn ,queen of mureen
I'm seeing a pattern

"Lay off Detroit, Them peoples is living in Mad Max times." Moe Szyslak
IWish
Art Expert

Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:42 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:44 pm

That episode may have been one of the most satisfying episodes of any show I have ever watched. But, how are we not talking about the drymounting dragons! I yelled & jumped a foot off the couch when Khalisi pulled to old "we are not here to surrender, we're here for your surrender" and Drogon came swooping over. If you look closely in the shot before she says that, you can see him swooping up the front of the pyramid. Then Rhaegal and Viserion busting out of the dungeon and joining their brother - epic.

The only problem I see is that they will have a hard time making a better episode going forward.

Agree with trarex, and I think the whole who will be king was a red-herring all along and the are going to split the world up between the lady folk.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
IWish
Art Expert

Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:47 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:Agree with trarex, and I think the whole who will be king was a red-herring all along and the are going to split the world up between the lady folk.
This is totally why I love the show...strong female lead characters.