Game of Thrones

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
haven
Art Expert

Fri May 06, 2016 12:51 pm

Holy crap I can't keep all these names straight.
BB8
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 06, 2016 4:14 pm

Solar wrote:
BB8 wrote:
SteveGo wrote:
BB8 wrote: ...Jon would also be a Stark. Both mothers being raped in similar fashion.
I think you're a bit confused on this. The common thought is that Lyanna wasn't raped at all, or taken against her will, but instead went willingly with Raeghar.
Oh you are right, I was confused by that. Thank you. Doesn't change the point I was making.

Anyway, I know Tyrion as a Targaryan seems like a stretch but thinking more about it, I am a believer personally. It will be exciting to see.

Last week was a huge episode dipping our toes into explanations on both theories by introducing us to Lyanna and showing Tyrion handle the dragons. Next week we my get waist deep I suspect :)
Also, Rhaegar wouldn't have been the one to have raped Tyrion's mother. That whole "Tyrion is a Targ" theory comes from a book passage about King Aerys 'taking liberties' with Joanna Lannister her and Tywin's wedding night. There really isn't any more detail provided.
Okay I got some names wrong but still think he turns out to be a targ
hunterjax
Art Expert

Fri May 06, 2016 4:30 pm

PrintNoob87 wrote:
hunterjax wrote:
BB8 wrote:
binky79 wrote:I totally love the theory that John is a Targaryen. The problem is, who is even around to verify it anymore? It would have been a very small amount of people who knew to begin with, possibly only Ned, for Jons protection. Ned didn't even tell Catelyn.

Even with an intricate 'flashback' via Brans new powers, how does that revelation help Jon realistically?

There are a few people that could theoretically know, I don't know them all, but Howland Reed was mentioned, Vaerys and Littlefinger could also know, doesn't matter if they were not around for it, they seem to know everything.

However, outside the realm of someone simply knowing, I can image a few ways it could be found out:

a) John's first interaction with a Dragon, and the Dragons taking well to him. (This is why I think Tyrion's scene with the Dragons is very telling, I think Tyrion is also a Targaryan. There are 3, for the three dragons)

b) Melissandre can have a realization that concludes Jon Snow must have King's blood. Then from there it is figured out. Just like us as a viewer, once there is some piece of information leading in that direction, the pieces come together on their own - could work the same way within that world.

c) Bran is having flashbacks, he can learn of it. After all, I believe there have been hints in previews that we'll see the very battle in which it was theorized that Lyanna was raped.

d) Long shot - Jon Snow can know right now, having learned it somehow while being dead.
also . . . Benjen Stark, if not dead beyond the Wall, also most likely knows.
Benjen's a white walker fo sho.
I tend to agree - and I think he may even be the new Night's King that turned the baby back in the finale of season 3(?).

Doesn't mean he can't talk and confirm the L+R=J theory though
hunterjax
Art Expert

Fri May 06, 2016 4:33 pm

BB8 wrote:I think you're a bit confused on this. The common thought is that Lyanna wasn't raped at all, or taken against her will, but instead went willingly with Raeghar.
Oh you are right, I was confused by that. Thank you. Doesn't change the point I was making.

Anyway, I know Tyrion as a Targaryan seems like a stretch but thinking more about it, I am a believer personally. It will be exciting to see.

Last week was a huge episode dipping our toes into explanations on both theories by introducing us to Lyanna and showing Tyrion handle the dragons. Next week we my get waist deep I suspect :)[/quote]

Also, Rhaegar wouldn't have been the one to have raped Tyrion's mother. That whole "Tyrion is a Targ" theory comes from a book passage about King Aerys 'taking liberties' with Joanna Lannister her and Tywin's wedding night. There really isn't any more detail provided.[/quote]

Okay I got some names wrong but still think he turns out to be a targ[/quote]
From that theory it makes sense and further explains why Tywin hated him so very much . . .
He's clearly the third Dragon rider to match up with Dany and Jon Snow, I just never really bought into the theory of him being a Targaryen, but it seems to be the way they are heading.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Fri May 06, 2016 8:24 pm

Don't follow this link if you want to remain one of the unsullied...

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-likel ... -Targaryen
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
Brian2013
Art Expert

Sat May 07, 2016 10:40 pm

I'm more curious to find out if Hodor is actually the warg of that white horse.
by Codeblue

But he LOVES the show Big Brother, and premixed margaritas in foil packs.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Sat May 07, 2016 11:39 pm

Brian2013 wrote:I'm more curious to find out if Hodor is actually the warg of that white horse.
Well we know he is hung like a horse... :lol:
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Sun May 08, 2016 11:51 pm

Sir Arthur drymounting Dayne. Damn!
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Mon May 09, 2016 1:12 am

Anyone else worried that they are trying to shove too many storylines into an hourlong show?
SteveGo
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 09, 2016 1:33 am

jrsheppa wrote:Sir Arthur drymounting Dayne. Damn!
That was some amazing sword fighting, dude took on 4 guys on his own. Although, I was like Bran and wanted to just stay there.
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Mon May 09, 2016 1:52 am

Most important things we learned:

- Jon came back and others were concerned that he's not exactly himself (meaning he's probably not exactly like he was, although we are not sure how)

- Howland Reed was the only thing that allowed Ned to survive his battle. I'm sure Howland Reed and his story will be important later on since the 3 eyed Raven made sure we knew who he was.

- Although these are "visions" some level of interaction seems to be possible, which leaves the door open for Bran to somehow be more than just a spectator.

- The show casually confirmed that Sir Robert Strong is in fact Zombie Gregor Clegane (which we all knew but was not confirmed yet)

- The Faceless Men began asking about Arya's names, hardening back to Jaqen's first offer when he got her out of Harrenhal that he would be able to offer the names to the "Red God" one by one. This comment still means to me that there are basically two gods, the lord of light, and the lord of dark (i.e. Death)

- Jon has left the watch, setting up his eventual union with Dany as a targ and a stark.

- oh and we also learned there will be a trial by combat featuring strong and a member of the church, which I still contend will be the hound, and he will finally get his revenge on his brother.
toobs
Art Expert

Mon May 09, 2016 2:25 am

Fcuk u Olly,,,, dat puss face followed by dead eye gaze priceless
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Mon May 09, 2016 2:28 am

Melisandre's face when she saw live Jon Snow: priceless.

Another stellar episode. Tempted to say they are putting too much in each episode, but whatever. Like the Arya storyline has been dragged out way too much - they should have done in 1 episode in 10 minutes what they did over the last 3 episodes.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon May 09, 2016 3:02 am

Really? It's the Arya storyline you're complaining about? The Khaleesi storyline is so fuggin boring. Hopefully it ends in the next ep.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Mon May 09, 2016 8:13 am

I thought last night was pretty much a filler ep. It was fine but nothing that got me too excited... On to next week we go.