Game of Thrones

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
MatchsMalone
Art Expert

Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:19 pm

jjbehren wrote:
MatchsMalone wrote:Finally, it's been proven that Cersei's statement to Jamie that "there are only two of these necklaces" was false, but now it appears that Ellaria was in fact responsible for the threat sent to King's Landing. So Cersei just forgot about the other necklace(s) out there? Or just inconsistencies within the writing?
Or maybe it was all a lie told to Jamie so that he would go and get their daughter back?
That's what I thought before this episode, but Myrcella said her necklace was actually stolen from her room. Ellaria appears to have legitimately been behind the threat, so I'm having trouble reconciling that with the fact that Cersei should know there are at least 3 of those necklaces.
Because it's the print we deserve, but not the one we need right now. So we'll hunt it.

Let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet.
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:29 pm

MatchsMalone wrote: The Braavosi was robbed by the way, he was handling Jorah before getting taken out from behind.
This was one other thing that annoyed me. The dude that speared him as he stood over Jorah could've waited literally 2 seconds while the Braavosi killed Jorah, then just proceed to stab the dude in the back like he did anyways.
mistersmith
Art Freak

Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:31 pm

Yeah, whoever was in charge of the fighting pit choreography was the same crew that ran the Dorne, um, "fight." The A-squad clearly blew their load figuring out Hardhome.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:17 pm

mistersmith wrote:Yeah, whoever was in charge of the fighting pit choreography was the same crew that ran the Dorne, um, "fight." The A-squad clearly blew their load figuring out Hardhome.
Exactly.

The choreography is just part of it...the sequencing, editing, directing...all of it was total amateur hour.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:36 pm

Ya'll sound like a buncha LARPers.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
mistersmith
Art Freak

Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:33 pm

Codeblue wrote:Ya'll sound like a buncha LARPers.
No way. Even Jamie and Bronn bumblefarting around vs. the Sand Shits was cooler than this:

http://www.sfgate.com/entertainment/art ... 313997.php
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
SadSeaLord
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:48 pm

jjbehren wrote:
MillerTime04 wrote:I love the butthurt that goes on in here
If calling out narcissistic dicks who can't respect other people's wishes to not know anything about what does or does not happen in the books is being "butthurt" then I don't care if I can never sit down again. You read the books. We're happy for you. Now drymount off, already.
Sorry about that. I took it down. I was responding to the quote about not seeing the Hound die on the show. I thought it was safe to say, because maybe somewhat SPOILERISH again, the show and book are the same when it comes to not seeing the Hound die, so it was just a fan theory about it.

Also, I didn't pay attention because I've posted in the other GoT thread about the Hound that has book spoilers in it. Sorry.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:40 pm

I didn't read the spoiler or whatever you guys posted a few pages back, but because you don't see the Hound die on screen you have to assume he's still alive. Same with Serio.

As little sense as it makes, I would feel that's pretty common knowledge.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:09 pm

How pissed off would you be if you were Tyrion, Ser Jorah and the rest when she flies off on her dragon. Uh, hey, how about you help us out with all these guys fixin' to kill us...

maybe next week...
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
EG8
Art Expert

Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:41 pm

Wow what an episode. My theory on the wall scene is that if Snow sailed around it would look like he got merked and the Wildlings are invading. So they had to walk up to the wall all hands up and such, without weapons...

If Arya got raped in there I was about to be done with this show. The burning didn't help things.
Image Image Image
FlapJack
Art Expert

Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:20 am

What I've learned this season ... is that it is not good when HBO writers go it alone. I know they are forced to at this point, but wow this season is freakin' mess.

Big budget spend on the last two episodes with the walker battle and dragon.
TKuczynski
Art Expert

Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:10 am

FlapJack wrote:What I've learned this season ... is that it is not good when HBO writers go it alone. I know they are forced to at this point, but wow this season is freakin' mess.

Shock value seems to be the primary goal of the show now. Sure, shocking things happen in the novels, but not seemingly without purpose or narrative direction.
pjsteelerfan
Art Expert

Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:44 am

TKuczynski wrote:
FlapJack wrote:What I've learned this season ... is that it is not good when HBO writers go it alone. I know they are forced to at this point, but wow this season is freakin' mess.

Shock value seems to be the primary goal of the show now. Sure, shocking things happen in the novels, but not seemingly without purpose or narrative direction.
Could not disagree more, but to each their own I guess.
charter
Art Expert

Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:15 am

If GRRM hadn't wrote the red wedding, people would be in here complaining that they killed Rob and for shock value stabbed a pregnant lady in her stomach.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:28 am

charter wrote:If GRRM hadn't wrote the red wedding, people would be in here complaining that they killed Rob and for shock value stabbed a pregnant lady in her stomach.
Not to be all book spoilery (proceed with caution)

...but Rob's wife doesnt get stabbed there...sooooooooo yeah, shock value
ImageImage #trollcru
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.