Game of Thrones

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
PLUSH
Art Expert

Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:44 pm

jeter0204 wrote:
iambillyg wrote:So many people focused on Stannis being a jerk and forgetting about Meryn Trant and "Too old."
Nothing wrong with being picky

He has discerning taste. :)
Philpenn
Art Expert

Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:45 pm

Trant's already one of the biggest dirtbags on the show, why not make him a pederast too?
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:59 pm

Philpenn wrote:Trant's already one of the biggest dirtbags on the show, why not make him a pederast too?
Hah, that's what I was thinking while watching, too. Just in case people forgot all the terrible fudge he did in seasons past, let's remind everyone by making him into little kids.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:00 pm

I totes forgot what he did.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
seppuku
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:12 pm

Is it a little ironic that for a show with a famous iconic opening sequence based on geography that they totally ignore the sense of geography some times?
What was the whole point of taking Stannis' ships around Eastwatch by the sea to collect the wildlings in the north if you just come back through Castle Black from the north side?
After that attack last week I would not be getting off the boat until we were pass the Wall.
jjbehren
Flipper

Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:29 pm

seppuku wrote:Is it a little ironic that for a show with a famous iconic opening sequence based on geography that they totally ignore the sense of geography some times?
What was the whole point of taking Stannis' ships around Eastwatch by the sea to collect the wildlings in the north if you just come back through Castle Black from the north side?
After that attack last week I would not be getting off the boat until we were pass the Wall.
Yeah. Last night was terrible storytelling all around. This Wall thing really pissed me off. As did the cheesy Stannis/daughter set up. And the dragon attack. And the fact that the Unsullied are getting beaten all the time, or just not around. I'm trying to let it slide, but it's getting bad enough to take me out of the fantasy and put me in the writing room. It's sad, because before this season I felt like this show was almost perfect as far as storytelling goes. This season seems more like it should be on the CW than on HBO.
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:40 pm

Codeblue wrote:I totes forgot what he did.
Me as well. Anyone help with this?

---

I generally felt that last night was a huge misstep in the series in just about every way. The Stannis/daughter bit was a bit much, and burning her alive was a kick to the nuts while down...any father who would willingly murder his own child for any reason is beyond enough, killing her that way was a bit over the line. Yeah, yeah, Lord of Light, fire...I get it, who cares.

Beyond expanding the boundaries in lieu of disturbing sequences a viewer can be put through, I found the general writing, directing, and editing to be second rate and lazy.

Last episode had great flow, build up, shot selection, scene transitioning, plot movement, etc... last night was cookie cutter filmmaking which was sometimes laughable. The entire gladiator sequence up to and even with the The Big Dragon Rescue was terrible. Gold Masks have them surrounded after an attack utilizing surprise swarming with volume, so now let's attack individually like a dance off? Was the editing duties for that ep thrown to an intern? Could go on and on...as good as last week was in every way, this is the opposite.
Hope the season ends on an up take.
pittidesart
Art Expert

Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:43 pm

Official website: http://www.pittidesart.com
finneganm wrote:You going to start making rugs?
pjsteelerfan
Art Expert

Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:44 pm

pittidesart wrote:Image
:lol:
matowest
Art Expert

Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:44 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:
He killed (or ordered the killing of) Forel, her sword trainer
TheThirdEye
Art Expert

Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:46 pm

So did Melisandre start the fires in Stannis' camp with her magic or something? Was that a way to push Stannis towards the sacrifice? I was kind of confused on that part.

Also it seemed Davos knew something bad was going to happen to Shireen, since he was trying to bring her back with him to Castle Black after getting the orders from Stannis? I'm guessing this is why Stannis sent Davos to get the food and men from Jon Snow, even though he had the excuse of him being the best person to persuade Jon.
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:48 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:
I guess looking back on it he wasn't as awful as some others. Mainly, he murdered Arya's sword teacher dude and beat on Sansa because Joffrey told him to. He was kind of just a turd in general whenever he was on screen, but didn't really have any Ram or Joffrey level fudge. Pretty sure the pedo angle was two-fold: to follow that trend of him generally just being a piece of fudge and also to give Arya an avenue to get to him.
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:51 pm

I guessed it had something to do with killing her sword trainer, but wasn't sure. Thanks for the heads up fellas.

Bigger question is was Arya sent to 'kill' the dude by the docks so she would see this guy and get distracted by him, almost as a favor from Many Faces? Or does he know she lied to him?
pjsteelerfan
Art Expert

Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:53 pm

TheThirdEye wrote:So did Melisandre start the fires in Stannis' camp with her magic or something? Was that a way to push Stannis towards the sacrifice? I was kind of confused on that part.

Also it seemed Davos knew something bad was going to happen to Shireen, since he was trying to bring her back with him to Castle Black after getting the orders from Stannis? I'm guessing this is why Stannis sent Davos to get the food and men from Jon Snow, even though he had the excuse of him being the best person to persuade Jon.
Ramsay started the fires- what was hinted at when he said he only needed 20 men to take out Stannis army.
TheThirdEye
Art Expert

Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:55 pm

Ahh.. got it.