The Walking Dead on AMC

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
MillerTime04
Art Expert

Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:59 pm

He will be alive, but bit. He'll make it back to Alexadria to say goodbye to Maggie. She will kill him.
Art comes alive in the arguments you have about it
ToonKiller
Art Expert

Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:12 pm

Could possible let it slide if that were to happen. That or if Glen makes it out to the main road the comic book version takes over.
matowest
Art Expert

Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:14 pm

ToonKiller wrote:Totally a shark jump.

The more I read about it the more frustrated I get. The wife and I love the show and I hate thinking I'm going to have to dump it. I can let a lot of dumb fudge slide but this feels more like the producers, etc are scared of the social media backlash from the kids who think no one should die during the end of the world.
Just before Sunday night's episode, I was telling my lady friend (who bailed on the show a while back) how it had really grown from an entertaining guilty pleasure into a semi-respectable show. Now, this.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:14 pm

ToonKiller wrote:Could possible let it slide if that were to happen. That or if Glen makes it out to the main road the comic book version takes over.
I really hope the comic version happens. One of the coolest things ever.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ryefish75
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:02 pm

Too early to be calling the shark jumped, but we are on the cusp. Like I said, it's going to really come down to how they handle it. Glenn's a smart guy and considering his whoppin' from Merle and getting out of that subsequent mess, his surviving this is not that much more far fetched.
shoeless
Art Expert

Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:09 am

fnord wrote:If you like something, for the love of dog don't share it with EB.
binky79
Art Expert

Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:24 am

The Glenn thing is most unfortunate because the show has otherwise been pretty good this season. No matter how it turns out next week it was poorly handled. If he is dead there should not have been any ambiguity to it. If he is alive then its just cheap and far fetched.
sk8nshoot1
Art Expert

Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:39 am

binky79 wrote:The Glenn thing is most unfortunate because the show has otherwise been pretty good this season. No matter how it turns out next week it was poorly handled. If he is dead there should not have been any ambiguity to it. If he is alive then its just cheap and far fetched.
So what's the point... The whole show is far fetched... Not really a reach to have survived if he was able to roll under the dumpster...

Whether Glenn's dead or alive, I'm still entertained... (that's easy to do though...)
BK: "Flatstock is like chum for flippers"
binky79
Art Expert

Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:21 am

sk8nshoot1 wrote:So what's the point... The whole show is far fetched... Not really a reach to have survived if he was able to roll under the dumpster...

Whether Glenn's dead or alive, I'm still entertained... (that's easy to do though...)
I think its a pretty big reach. Especially when they played it up (with the music/tone) that this was the end for Glen. I think they've tried to keep it a little bit believable, what life would be like after an (albeit far fetched) zombie apocalypse. You cant really say that because some of it is unbelievable ANY of it can be. If that was the case then they could just write in that a golden retriever flying an Apache helicopter fired a missile that killed all the zombies but spared Glen who was protected by the dead douches innards. And people would be totally OK with that because some parts of the show are far fetched.

I'm just saying that if Glen lives they've pushed passed the limit of what even they have established as far fetched. And it will have been for what? This is only episode 3 of the season, not even a mid-season-break finale.
apalma27
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:18 am

binky79 wrote:The Glenn thing is most unfortunate because the show has otherwise been pretty good this season. No matter how it turns out next week it was poorly handled. If he is dead there should not have been any ambiguity to it. If he is alive then its just cheap and far fetched.
I watched the episode again. I've never seen a garbage dumpster with wheels large enough to provide enough space for someone to fit under. His intestines were flowing out of him and his shirt was covered in blood. I'm not certain how there was any ambiguity to it. The whole Talking Dead aspect is irrelevant. The dude is dead.
binky79
Art Expert

Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:30 am

apalma27 wrote:
I watched the episode again. I've never seen a garbage dumpster with wheels large enough to provide enough space for someone to fit under. His intestines were flowing out of him and his shirt was covered in blood. I'm not certain how there was any ambiguity to it. The whole Talking Dead aspect is irrelevant. The dude is dead.
Thats what I thought until I went online, but now I have doubts.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:09 am

^ exactly. The only talk I've heard of him alive has been online. Everyone that I know just thinks that he's dead... End of story.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ToonKiller
Art Expert

Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:43 am

sk8nshoot1 wrote: Not really a reach to have survived if he was able to roll under the dumpster...

Yeh, not far fetched at all... I'm sure the walkers will just turn around and leave. Or they'll just keep walking forward like that pretty dumb science when some of the herd couldn't make that turn at the wall.

Warbucks
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:50 am

Dead or alive, the whole scenario is cheap and contrived to give a stale story a little bit of a boost.
Warbucks
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:07 am

I'm watching Talking Dead. Two things:

1) Chris Hardwick keeps referring to "what appears to be Glenn being ripped apart" instead of "Glenn being ripped apart"

2) That whole compilation they do to "remember everyone that has died in the episode" includes everyone that died but Glen.

The productions lack of comittment to the death is pretty telling.