The Walking Dead on AMC

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:34 pm

Warbucks wrote:Walking Dead is a bad show that happens to be enjoyable at times.
I agree.
Creation88
Art Expert

Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:50 pm

Warbucks wrote:All caught up.

Probably the dumbest death on the show.

Walking Dead is a bad show that happens to be enjoyable at times.
how is it dumb? those things would likely happen in that environment. "ordinary" day turning tragic. i liked it. brings so reality to how vulnerable they are. not everything has to be in a spectacular setting.
FS: BTTF II variant
Creation88
Art Expert

Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:51 pm

how is it dumb? those things would likely happen in that environment. "ordinary" day turning tragic. i liked it. brings so reality to how vulnerable they are. not everything has to be in a spectacular setting.
FS: BTTF II variant
Warbucks
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:07 pm

Creation88 wrote:

The death being dumb has nothing to do with how "spectacular" it was or how good of a send off it was for Glenn, in fact, simply being cornered is a perfectly fine way for a character to die, no matter how major, because that creates more "buy-in" for similiar scenes.

It was dumb because he let a limp body drag him (or push him? doesn't matter) into a sea of zombies. Like, I'm still confused by how that even happened. There are a dozen other ways that whole death would have been perfectly fine, including: The zombies just simply manage to knock over the dumpster. That would have been fine.

If it were me, I would have had him try and make the jump to either that other fence with the foliage or the roof of the building. But fail cause it's too far.
cotis
Art Expert

Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:27 pm

Warbucks wrote:
Creation88 wrote:

The death being dumb has nothing to do with how "spectacular" it was or how good of a send off it was for Glenn, in fact, simply being cornered is a perfectly fine way for a character to die, no matter how major, because that creates more "buy-in" for similiar scenes.

It was dumb because he let a limp body drag him (or push him? doesn't matter) into a sea of zombies. Like, I'm still confused by how that even happened. There are a dozen other ways that whole death would have been perfectly fine, including: The zombies just simply manage to knock over the dumpster. That would have been fine.

If it were me, I would have had him try and make the jump to either that other fence with the foliage or the roof of the building. But fail cause it's too far.
fence had barbed wire on it, no?
Warbucks
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:31 pm

PrintNoob87 wrote:
Warbucks wrote:Walking Dead is a bad show that happens to be enjoyable at times.
I agree.
A problem I have with AMC is when they know they have a hit they milk it for everything they can and it's not only shameless but it hurts the story. The Walking Dead's story progresses, in an entire season, the amount one or two episodes should. Same problem I had with Better Call Saul, what even happened in the entire first season? Hardly anything.

They didn't really do this with Breaking Bad but I feel like thats when they learned. And still, there was some of that going on in the last season.

There are so many slow, drawn out conversations about the same four topics:

1) Someone's mental or physical health.
2) Someone doesn't trust someone, or questioning their decison making.
3) The Plan. Or someone considering deviating from the current plan.
4) Someone telling someone they need to toughen up because the world is a hard place now.

Like, any time any of the characters do anything there is always a discussion on who goes with who, and 90% of the time someones got beef with being told they can't go when they want to go - It's the same thing all the time.
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:33 pm

Disagree on BCS. I think that was a slow burn that was warranted, and obviously a show about a crooked lawyer getting his start is gonna move slower than a zombie apocalypse jawn. I just think Walking Dead has poor writing and characters that I don't give a fudge about.
Warbucks
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:37 pm

cotis wrote:
Warbucks wrote:
Creation88 wrote:

fence had barbed wire on it, no?
I don't think it did, but it kind of doesn't matter:

Behind door one has a barbed wire fence you have to climb.
Behind door two you have a hoard of 200+ zombies to walk through.

What do you do?

Anyway, my comment wasn't so much directed towards the believability of the action. Walking Dead is riddled with the classic "Girl in horror movie runs upstairs when she should run outside" scenarios, and those hurt the show for me as well. - but in this case you have a legacy character thats been around since the beginning and has GREAT significance to the story because he saved Rick's life and has long been established as one of the smart ones.... and he basically dies tripping over his shoelaces (metaphorically speaking)
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:39 pm

I rewatched the scene a couple times. I don't think Glen is dead.
chimpun
Art Expert

Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:43 pm

since they threw in a nice nod to the first season with him Glenn calling Rick a dumbass, maybe he'll rock it out like in the Guts episode and wear some fresh Nicholas to blend in with the herd.
bethemonkey
Art Expert

Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:49 pm

Then why cry out, seems like a zombie would not care about screams. His head was also exposed so they would go after that for sure.
earlgreytoast wrote:I rewatched the scene a couple times. I don't think Glen is dead.
http://www.legendaryframes.com

I'm in Canada and it costs more to ship everywhere, so get over it.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:50 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:I rewatched the scene a couple times. I don't think Glen is dead.
That would be one of, if not the worst thing they have done on the show if that's the case.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Warbucks
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:54 pm

Agreed, if Glenn is not dead, the show has hit an all new low. A new low not just for the Walking Dead but for shows in general.
ryefish75
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:00 pm

63schoeffling wrote:
That would be one of, if not the worst thing they have done on the show if that's the case.
I agree with both the above statements. How they handle him surviving could be a make-or-break moment for the series for many viewers. Glenn still has that radio and he's billed as a smart guy. As much as I hope he makes it, it would have to be handled in a very smart way. Not that I'm going anywhere. I enjoy the show, for all it's flaws it leaves me entertained. I was never a fan of horror films or the zombie genre, so I think my expectations differ compared to a hardcore horror/graphic novel fan. Plus, I've missed too many episodes of The Good Wife to go back to watching network shows.
jjbehren
Flipper

Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:00 pm

Warbucks wrote:What do you do?
Upon seeing the fence in the alley I would have moved the drymounting mattress blocking the fire escape and gone up there:

When they ran past it originally I thought, "Why don't they go up there?"
ImageImageImageImageImage