The Walking Dead on AMC

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:47 pm

Buckhammer wrote:
earlgreytoast wrote:Watched the first 2 episodes of the season last night. Pretty bad. I know it's hard to say that the show has gotten way over-gratuitous with the gore, but it has. Why do the wolves all hack people to pieces? What did that guy mean when he said that they didn't choose this life? Is there some drug being administered that makes them cuckoo?

That little girlfriend of Carl's is trouble. Bloody turtle told me so. "just survive (the onslaught about to hit your group) somehow." I think she let the wolves in. Wolf in sheep's clothing is baa aaa aaad.

Biggest question though: why would they make some huge convoluted plan for getting rid of a bunch of walkers who are already penned up? Why not just douse the quarry with gas and torch the place?
Awful lot of gasoline to do that and not enough to be found. Now the hacking part, yeah it was gratutious but I think they wanted to show exactly how bat-crap crazy they were and probably would be easier for them to take the bodies in pieces to eat.

I dont think the girl is a wolf at all. She was been writing JSS ( just survive somehow right from the beginning) and I think she feels she would be better off by herself, not wanting to see people she cared about die like her parents.
I would think gasoline would be easy to find; it hasn't come up as a resource that's hard to find. Just siphon all the abandoned cars. And yeah, you'd need a lot and it might take a few days to do the deed, but it seems a lot safer and more in control then build walls, lead walkers, fire flares in the air and hope everything goes perfect or we're drymounted.

Hacking to make food - makes sense except they didn't show any of the people collecting limbs for the BBQ.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:57 pm

Loved last night. It's about time they had a season where fudge picks up an episode in. I think the girl is definitely the one that let them in and loved the hacking bodies up. Shows that the wolves are some bad ass mofos.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Buckhammer
Art Expert

Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:58 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:
Hacking to make food - makes sense except they didn't show any of the people collecting limbs for the BBQ.
They did show them chaining people and taking them. Don't think they are a P.O.W. type of army.
RobJones wrote:Billy, how Everest was I last night?
mistersmith
Art Freak

Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:05 pm

Buckhammer wrote:huh? rick told him to go back and let the town know that dude died. they were not far from there. he got back as the wolves attacked and truck horn went off. he was already there when the horn went off, he was the one who shut it off.
I thought you'd said that Rick told Morgan to come back only when they'd heard the horn, which made no sense. But I just rewatched Ep1 and Rick does tell Morgan to go before the horn, and then there's a commercial break, so who knows how much time might have elapsed. You're right, I was confused.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
TheThirdEye
Art Expert

Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:06 pm

They knew the semi trailers blocking the road out of the quarry would eventually fail, so why not just reinforce it with more stuff, and then they'd have plenty of time to come up with some other plan to destroy them. What's the harm of just leaving them down there?

Which brings up a good question about how long zombies can "live"? We've seen a fair share of decomposing zombies, but after months/years you'd think all the flesh would eventually rot away right? If they were left in that quarry long enough, they'd eventually just be piles of bones right?
Buckhammer
Art Expert

Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:10 pm

TheThirdEye wrote:They knew the semi trailers blocking the road out of the quarry would eventually fail, so why not just reinforce it with more stuff, and then they'd have plenty of time to come up with some other plan to destroy them. What's the harm of just leaving them down there?

Which brings up a good question about how long zombies can "live"? We've seen a fair share of decomposing zombies, but after months/years you'd think all the flesh would eventually rot away right? If they were left in that quarry long enough, they'd eventually just be piles of bones right?
Yes as long as the brain has not rotted away the zombie will live. Now muscle decay would cause them to fall apart of course but it will depend on environment. The average body takes 8-12 years to completely decompose in soil... so it would longer for zombies since they wont have the insects and natural elements that help decompostion.
RobJones wrote:Billy, how Everest was I last night?
ONEYE
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:53 am

Carol is TWD MVP. Morgan is the new Andrea or Lori, irritating as drymounting with pants on.
Philpenn
Art Expert

Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:23 am

Have they ever said where they were trying to lead the zombies? Understood, it didn't go as planned due to Wolves/truck horn. Had the Wolves not attacked at the exact same time as the zombie exodus though, what was the end plan?

Hurry up and die both of hairdresser lady's kids.

Also love how movie/tv people with guns constantly stand close enough to be disarmed. Bullets move really fast, stand out of reach.
fanboy
Art Expert

Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:06 am

Philpenn wrote:Have they ever said where they were trying to lead the zombies? Understood, it didn't go as planned due to Wolves/truck horn. Had the Wolves not attacked at the exact same time as the zombie exodus though, what was the end plan?
Sasha and Abraham were going to lead them like 15 (?) miles away. I assumed that was "far enough" for them to keep moving on their own away from Alexandria.
ironjaiden wrote:I'm a whore so I'll draw whatever you want for a warm meal and a dirty hand job. Every artist is different.
schmoff
Art Expert

Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:07 am

they were leading them 20 miles in another direction, that was then end plan
Philpenn
Art Expert

Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:14 am

Got it. So the walker horde wouldn't show up until days later than if they had left from the quarry. Solid plan.
shannk47
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:40 am

ONEYE wrote:Carol is TWD MVP. Morgan is the new Andrea or Lori, irritating as drymounting with pants on.

agree about Morgan. i understand he doesn't want to kill people. but come on. people are hacking up your camp and you want those people to live????
Eat. Pray. Queef.
mistersmith
Art Freak

Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:39 pm

fanboy wrote:
Philpenn wrote:Have they ever said where they were trying to lead the zombies? Understood, it didn't go as planned due to Wolves/truck horn. Had the Wolves not attacked at the exact same time as the zombie exodus though, what was the end plan?
Sasha and Abraham were going to lead them like 15 (?) miles away. I assumed that was "far enough" for them to keep moving on their own away from Alexandria.
They had a topographic map and Rick pointed out how there was a natural valley or something that would get the walkers to move away from camp...herd mentality, path-of-least-resistance style.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
ryefish75
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:03 pm

Seems to me all the work that went into building the herding walls could have been used to shore up the quarry exits. The quarry seemed to be working as a barrier to large numbers of walkers- why mess with a good thing? It's not like that quarry was going to fill up anytime soon. You don't even need gas or anything mentioned earlier to kill them off, toss some explosives in there once in a while. Every quarry has some TNT/ANFO nearby that would make short work of the quarry herd. I know the noise was an issue, but it seems to have been working to Alexandria's favor as a diversion.
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:54 am

Holy. fudge. Just saw Sunday's ep. Carol just redefined the term badass. She's drymounting terrifying.