the official TV discussion thread

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Expert
Posts: 3551
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:23 pm

THE ACT on Hulu was fantastic. Solid cast with outstanding performances by everyone involved. Highly recommended!
User avatar
fredo
Art God
Posts: 26844
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE

Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:52 pm

Codeblue wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:40 am
shoeless wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:53 am
Just searched and surprised that I didn’t see anyone mention the best current show going....

Yellowstone
Image
S1 has been pretty damn solid, pardner. A little bit TeeVee-y but still quaffable
just a foil for me today, thanks
User avatar
fredo
Art God
Posts: 26844
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE

Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:00 pm

fredo wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:52 pm
Codeblue wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:40 am
shoeless wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:53 am
Just searched and surprised that I didn’t see anyone mention the best current show going....

Yellowstone
Image
S1 has been pretty damn solid, pardner. A little bit TeeVee-y but still quaffable
S2 so far = Turning into a soap opera. Heavier plotlines diluted. SAD!
just a foil for me today, thanks
User avatar
bubbie
Art Expert
Posts: 7188
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:49 pm
Location: Canada

Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:43 pm

Lol. That show has more drama going in most episodes than there needs to be in a whole season, season one including, but you just wait because it is going to really take off! For whatever reason, I watched all three seasons though, lol.
User avatar
fredo
Art God
Posts: 26844
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE

Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:04 pm

Feels like drama persuading itself. I’ma give it one more episode to be sure. #walkingdead
just a foil for me today, thanks
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 53330
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:52 pm

Image
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
bubbie
Art Expert
Posts: 7188
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:49 pm
Location: Canada

Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:00 pm

fredo wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:04 pm
Feels like drama persuading itself. I’ma give it one more episode to be sure. #walkingdead
Luls. You haven’t seen nothing yet!

Funny you mention it. I was going to make the exact same comparison. There is a lot more drama in this one though. I must admit, I watched way more than I should have of WD too. Is it even over yet or the “fight” continues? Has anyone from “his” people killed Rick yet?
User avatar
Philpenn
Art Expert
Posts: 3715
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:17 am
Location: Keystone Country.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:34 pm

There was a splosion seasons ago, and all Rick's people think he sploded. Turns out the garbage lady was actually part of the secret organization with the helicopters though, and she rescued Rick. They're dragging out the return of Rick like no other to the point of teasing glimpses into said secret organization in Walking Dead, Fear The Walking Dead, and some new mess Walking Dead: World Beyond.
User avatar
fredo
Art God
Posts: 26844
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE

Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:37 pm

Perpetuating, not persuading
Mgmt regrets the error
just a foil for me today, thanks
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 53330
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:03 pm

Philpenn wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:34 pm
There was a splosion seasons ago, and all Rick's people think he sploded. Turns out the garbage lady was actually part of the secret organization with the helicopters though, and she rescued Rick. They're dragging out the return of Rick like no other to the point of teasing glimpses into said secret organization in Walking Dead, Fear The Walking Dead, and some new mess Walking Dead: World Beyond.
Luls. Can’t believe anyone still watches dat hot garbo.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
earlgreytoast
Art Expert
Posts: 8609
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:23 pm

God, it was so good at first. Really gripping and interesting, I’d never seen anything else like it. The pilot grabbed me by the balls and tugged me along for a wild ride. But holy fudge did it get bad bad bad. I watched probably a season and a half before I pulled out of the death spiral. Has there ever been another show that was so good and then got so pathetically bad? At least GoT only really sucked for the last season and then they were done.
User avatar
Philpenn
Art Expert
Posts: 3715
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:17 am
Location: Keystone Country.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:49 pm

Game of Thrones sucked long before the last season. Season 6 or so, as soon as they passed the books. And that next book is still nowhere in the future.

Dexter also flew off the rails in spectacular fashion.
User avatar
fredo
Art God
Posts: 26844
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:55 pm

Walking Dead: Las Vegas

ps 30 Rock stuck the landing
just a foil for me today, thanks
User avatar
Philpenn
Art Expert
Posts: 3715
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:17 am
Location: Keystone Country.

Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:47 pm

Very much enjoyed the Resident Alien pilot.
User avatar
Philpenn
Art Expert
Posts: 3715
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:17 am
Location: Keystone Country.

Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:40 pm

Anyone a RuPaul's Drag Race watcher? Season 13 is my first, and I have questions.
Post Reply