the official TV discussion thread

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
User avatar
veltri
Art Expert
Posts: 4535
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:04 pm

Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:35 pm

SPAC04 wrote:Particularly "Hand Maid's tale", which seems to me to be based on "Children of Men" based on the plot and the way the title appears.
Which came first, the children or the maid?
strongstuff wrote: i want to watch those fools squirm.
Image
User avatar
finneganm
Art Freak
Posts: 16111
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: NJ

Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:47 pm

The Handmaid’s Tale was written in the 80s
...
...
That's what she said
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 52227
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:39 pm

Finally getting around to watching American Horror Story. Starting with the pilot now.
So it goes...
IWish
Art Expert
Posts: 9679
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 12:23 am

Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:03 am

Just finished the 1st episode for HBO's "Here and Now". A dark comedy with Tim Robbins and Holly Hunter. Smart and well written. I'm looking forward to next weeks episode.
User avatar
SPAC04
Art Expert
Posts: 2584
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:10 pm
Location: New York

Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:12 am

veltri wrote:
SPAC04 wrote:Particularly "Hand Maid's tale", which seems to me to be based on "Children of Men" based on the plot and the way the title appears.
Which came first, the children or the maid?

Image

Image


This is all i was saying^ (sorry bout the size)
finneganm wrote:The Handmaid’s Tale was written in the 80s
didn't know this^, seems like a good book tho.
User avatar
Philpenn
Art Expert
Posts: 3650
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:17 am
Location: Keystone Country.

Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:52 am

Anybody else watch The Detour? fudge's hilarious, the daughter especially.
User avatar
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert
Posts: 5674
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:05 am
Location: Houston, TX

Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:39 pm

Philpenn wrote:Anybody else watch The Detour? fudge's hilarious, the daughter especially.
I binged the first 2 seasons last week and just caught up on this season. Seriously demented fudge and hilarious. That episode with the home birth in NYC made me laugh so hard my dog thought I was dying.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
User avatar
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert
Posts: 5674
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:05 am
Location: Houston, TX

Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:22 pm

Flipping thru the channels the other night and found what appears to be speed darts. Not sure what the hell was going on but there was lots of shouting and there was a real possibility of someone taking a dart to the back of the head. Gonna have to see when it is in again.

Here it is
http://www.bbcamerica.com/shows/darts?u ... L_Episodes
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 51702
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:44 am

Man that ransomware fudge in Homeland is silly as fug, and yet I still found myself cheering Carrie on. Looks like this season is gonna be extra ridic and satisfy my trash TV needs now that I'm completely free of the Walking Dead.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
RadRacing
Art Expert
Posts: 1380
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 9:12 am
Location: CANADA

Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:03 am

Atlanta returns March 1st

Love returns March 9th (final season).

:pint:
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Expert
Posts: 2091
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:24 pm

Anyone see The Handmaid's Tale on Hulu? I was thinking of starting it this weekend.
User avatar
jlabbate
Art Freak
Posts: 15987
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:44 pm
Location: The BIG Apple
Contact:

Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:31 pm

IWish wrote:Just finished the 1st episode for HBO's "Here and Now". A dark comedy with Tim Robbins and Holly Hunter. Smart and well written. I'm looking forward to next weeks episode.
saw the trailer for it over the weekend..might give it a go on the way home today
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 51702
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:35 pm

Irishman12 wrote:Anyone see The Handmaid's Tale on Hulu? I was thinking of starting it this weekend.
http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 7&t=172789
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Expert
Posts: 2091
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:40 pm

Codeblue wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:Anyone see The Handmaid's Tale on Hulu? I was thinking of starting it this weekend.
http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 7&t=172789
Thanks
User avatar
hunterjax
Art Expert
Posts: 4616
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:40 am

Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:42 pm

SPAC04 wrote:
veltri wrote:
SPAC04 wrote:Particularly "Hand Maid's tale", which seems to me to be based on "Children of Men" based on the plot and the way the title appears.
Which came first, the children or the maid?

Image

Image


This is all i was saying^ (sorry bout the size)
finneganm wrote:The Handmaid’s Tale was written in the 80s
didn't know this^, seems like a good book tho.
Children of Men was also written in the 80s1992
_____________
RambosRemodeler wrote:.........You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.
Post Reply