Best/Worst Movies of 2020

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:51 am

DonPiano wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:24 pm
The Invisible Man is really great.
Ended up seeing this tonight since it fit into the time window we had. I went in cold (didn't even know it was a thing until tonight) and thought it was pretty good. Then again, I don't think I've ever seen anything Elizabeth Moss was in that I didn't appreciate. The only thing that really bothered me was SPOILER ALERT (DON'T QUOTE): The fact that they showed the fuggin suit when she was walking out of the house. It really wasn't necessary and knocked it down a couple of notches.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
HR3
Art Connoisseur

Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:12 am

I saw the teaser for that tonight while my kids were watching cartoons. Looks pretty good.

Did it make you wanna add pails of white paint to ur prepper kit?
Until you can welcome, accept and enjoy folks who’s views, looks, thoughts, struggles & values are polar opposites to yours, then you have NOT lived.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:53 pm

THE INVISIBLE MAN

A modern take on the 1933 horror film of the same name as well as a social commentary on the horrors of domestic abuse. The story really worked in that regard as this is definitely a psychological horror film rather than you’re typical slasher. Elisabeth Moss gives a wide range performance as Cecilia, a young woman who escapes from her abuser but who is able to “cheat death” to continue harassing and abusing her. However, as the story plays out, it becomes repetitive: Cecilia says her abuser is not dead but is still terrorizing her and since no one can see her, they victim blame her and make her feel as if she’s losing her mind until she finally outsmarts him and proves to everyone she’s not insane. Again, a good modern take on the story that probably could have been cut down some and doesn’t finish particularly strong. 5.5/10
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:13 pm

Irishman12 wrote:
THE INVISIBLE MAN

A modern take on the 1933 horror film of the same name as well as a social commentary on the horrors of domestic abuse. The story really worked in that regard as this is definitely a psychological horror film rather than you’re typical slasher. Elisabeth Moss gives a wide range performance as Cecilia, a young woman who escapes from her abuser but who is able to “cheat death” to continue harassing and abusing her. However, as the story plays out, it becomes repetitive: Cecilia says her abuser is not dead but is still terrorizing her and since no one can see her, they victim blame her and make her feel as if she’s losing her mind until she finally outsmarts him and proves to everyone she’s not insane. Again, a good modern take on the story that probably could have been cut down some and doesn’t finish particularly strong. 5.5/10

Sorry it’s not Lucy in the sky. But seriously stfu. No one cares about your fudge reviews for all the garbage you watch. Start a drymounting blog.

Invisible Man drymounting ruled. Loved the title sequence and the “prison break” opener. Whannell in just 2 features has become a must see director for genre films. He’s 2/2. Also Elisabeth Moss is Queen. She absolutely kills every single role she’s in. Doesn’t matter what the subject matter is but maybe let’s give her a romantic comedy next 😂 Her Smell and IM are brutal.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
FlapJack
Art Expert

Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:29 pm

Even if it didn't completely stick the landing, I definitely enjoyed The Invisible Man.
DonPiano
Art Expert

Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:31 am

RambosRemodeler wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:13 pm
Irishman12 wrote:
THE INVISIBLE MAN

Sorry it’s not Lucy in the sky. But seriously stfu. No one cares about your fudge reviews for all the garbage you watch. Start a drymounting blog.

Invisible Man drymounting ruled. Loved the title sequence and the “prison break” opener. Whannell in just 2 features has become a must see director for genre films. He’s 2/2. Also Elisabeth Moss is Queen. She absolutely kills every single role she’s in. Doesn’t matter what the subject matter is but maybe let’s give her a romantic comedy next 😂 Her Smell and IM are brutal.
Don't forget, he directed the third Insidious too. Not top tier stuff, but pretty good... And... also was a major role in Saw. The guy has had a deep pool of talent for a long time. To think he and James Wan started off as film reviewers on the tellie way back when.

Everything about The Invisible Man is excellent. Brilliant stuff.

Also, check out The One I Love.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:54 pm

BLOODSHOT

A fun and action packed ride about a recently deceased soldier (played by Vin Diesel) and how’s he brought back to life to seek revenge on the man who killed his wife. This is a story of revenge, manipulation, as well as morality when it comes to free will and choice. Diesel does a fine job as Bloodshot. He’s believable and more than capable of pulling off the physicality this role requires. I knew next to nothing about the character, so even those unfamiliar with the comic book can still enjoy it. Hopefully the coronavirus doesn’t keep audiences away this weekend as I’d be down for a sequel as well as other Valiant comic book properties to be adapted for the big screen. 6/10
theperfecttree
EB Team

Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:56 pm

a bit random...

If I move a few things around I could be in Telluride during the Film Festival. Passes already sold out and I've been in contact with the festival so am now the waitlist.

Curious if I should roll the dice and make travel arrangements to be in Telluride those days, or if it's pretty much impossible to get a pass once they've sold out?
George441
Art Enthusiast

Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:26 am

I think the grudge 2004 was best in all other parts of grudge film series.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:30 pm

THE HUNT

I'm not a fan of censorship at all, so I don't agree with the film being pushed back and almost banned. However, I will say I was surprised it was pushed back at all. Being that this film is anti-right wing politics, it mostly gets a pass from the media and other outlets. In saying that, this film portrays itself as a comedy but is nothing more than a veiled attempt to attack anyone who is a conservative, Republican, or Trump supporter. It uses the same logic as someone who offends another with their words and then in an effort to justify it, without apologizing, simply saying, "I was joking." Same premise here. The movie tries to and fails to satire both sides of the aisle but as can be seen from the premise, characters, and violence against those "deplorables" (the film's own description of said characters), it's quite clear who the intended audience of this film is. Not to mention every one of the deplorables is showcased as ignorant, uneducated, redneck, trailer trash, gun-toting, nut jobs. I mean, Heaven forbid an educated personal could actually have a conscience and be a conservative/Trump supporter. Further liberal agendas are pushed and peppered throughout such as white guilt, anti-gun, global warming, and atheism. The only character who is being hunted and can say her ABC's correctly is a white woman, so you know how "woke" this film is (Brie Larson would be proud by the way). The final fight between said character and Hillary Swank is a poor man's Jackass scene. Overall, this film is anything but a comedy and does nothing more than to continue dividing us as a country. I can only imagine the backlash this film would have received had it been about a group of rich, white, men hunting liberal minorities. The media would be running with it, saying how dangerous and off the rails it is and to follow suit, major movie theaters (such as AMC, Regal, and Cinemark) would even fail to run it due to the "controversy" surrounding it and it would be relegated to VOD, where it would die a quite death. Unfortunately, the same didn't happen here. 2/10
matowest
Art Expert

Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:21 am

good lord
Woo5lscott
Art Expert

Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:51 am

Uncut Gems