Best/Worst Movies of 2020

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:34 am

DonPiano wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:22 am
Birds of Prey. Really bloody good.
Awesome! Seeing it tonight. Thought THE LODGE was getting released tomorrow but surprisingly I don't see it showing anywhere near me?
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:05 pm

Just found this thread...
Irishman12
Art Expert

Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:25 pm

BIRDS OF PREY: AND THE FANTABULOUS EMANCIPATION OF ONE HARLEY QUINN

This movie was a lot of fun! I enjoyed the all-female (non man-hating) cast. Robbie's second turn as Harley Quinn is even better than her debut as the movie is centered around her and she's really able to shine and stretch out this character. You feel Robbie was born to play this character and you can tell she's having so much fun with the dialogue, her energy, and bringing this character to life. At first I wasn't sure how I felt about Ewan McGregor as Black Mask as I didn't know anything about the character heading in to this. Originally, I wasn't buying his take on the character (felt he was a little too lighthearted and not menacing enough). However, after pondering on it for a day or so, it's starting to grow on me. DC is on a roll and has another winner on their hands. 7/10
Irishman12
Art Expert

Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:12 pm

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG

I’ll give the studio this much, they listened to the audience when the first trailer dropped and changed the appearance of Sonic due to the fan backlash. They should have had more screenings of this with test audiences because this was a train wreck of a film. Rated PG so as to appease to a wider market and trying to establish a franchise, but the script writers seemed on a mission to make this a one and done. Bad jokes (even with a theater full of children and parents, no one was hardly laughing), pointless scenes that at times did little to nothing to further the storyline (for example, a creepy Jim Carrey dance sequence), and of course, a rip off of the Quicksilver slo-mo scene from X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST and X-MEN: APOCALYPSE. Not to mention shameless product placement of a certain Italian restaurant chain. Avoid this film at all times! 4/10
Irishman12
Art Expert

Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:56 am

FANTASY ISLAND

Lucy Hale’s second collaboration with Blumhouse is about as much of a stinker as 2018’s TRUTH OR DARE. Based on the TV show of the same name, this movie is about a group of 5 people who win a contest and are taken to said island to live out a fantasy. The only rules are each person is allowed only one fantasy and they have to see it through until the end, no matter what. Very early on each contestant is living out his/her fantasy and the story becomes very messy very quickly, trying to juggle 4 storylines at once (4 fantasies instead of 5 as a pair of brothers share 1 fantasy together). As such, plot holes quickly begin to develop, storylines about the island as well as characters introduced are never fully explained, leaving the viewing asking more questions than answers given. Not to mention the dreaded PG-13 rating, which you know will water down any language or violence, both of which this films suffers from a lack of as well. Blumhouse is usually hit-or-miss and this film is most certainly in the latter. 3/10
Cipip749

Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:28 am

I thinks its too early to say which is best and worst, from tailors of movies we cant get an idea which is going to rock.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:45 pm

THE LODGE

I was excited going into this film as I had previously seen and heard good things about it. I’m not quite sure we saw the same movie. THE LODGE has elements of THE SHINING and HEREDITARY but tried too hard to be smart. A lot of themes are touched upon such as family, isolation, nature, childhood trauma. However, religion is the biggest one and it’s at first done in a subtle way but by the end of the film, it becomes heavy handed. It’s unfortunate because the film had some potential. A slow burn so I was willing to give it some time to cash in but by around the halfway to three quarters point of the film, it got snowed in in my eyes. 4.5/10
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:38 pm

I loved The Lodge! Definitely give it a chance.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:22 pm

Anyone else wanna weigh in on The Gentlemen? Don't really trust Irishman's "reviews".
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
pj101ca
Art Expert

Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:47 pm

Don't go to the theater Blue! you'll catch the viruz!
mike123230 wrote:hahahah lawyers are stupid. boom. roasted.
TKuczynski
Art Expert

Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:48 pm

Codeblue wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:22 pm
Anyone else wanna weigh in on The Gentlemen? Don't really trust Irishman's "reviews".
Guy Ritchie fan here, albeit before he went astray for a while there. I was entertained. Laughed out loud a few times. Hugh Grant stole the show. Dialog on point. Felt it was a tad long, but didn't get bored. Stylistically lacking compared to his previous "gangster" films. My GF is asian and told me a couple days later that she was actually offended during some parts. Wasn't obvious to me, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood was way worse in that regard.

Classic Ritchie movies depict multiple seemingly disconnected story lines that ultimately merge in an absurd and often hilarious climax. Wasn't really the case with The Gentlemen; I left still wanting that spark he had with his earlier stuff.

RocknRolla > Snatch > The Gentlemen > Lock Stock

Sorry not sorry
DonPiano
Art Expert

Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:24 pm

The Invisible Man is really great.

Also, if you're in the UK, go see True History of the Kelly Gang.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
HR3
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:57 pm

Trump vs Sanders
Until you can welcome, accept and enjoy folks who’s views, looks, thoughts, struggles & values are polar opposites to yours, then you have NOT lived.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:21 am

HR3 wrote:
Trump vs Sanders
Take that to the politics thread...
HR3
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:13 am

RottenAtom wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:21 am
HR3 wrote:
Trump vs Sanders
Take that to the politics thread...
Soo sensitive u are. Need to relax you must. Have a beer on Sweet Baby Yoda and work on aligning ur inner chakra brah. U appear to be out of alignment; not very dapper... :pint:

Until you can welcome, accept and enjoy folks who’s views, looks, thoughts, struggles & values are polar opposites to yours, then you have NOT lived.