Best/Worst Movies of 2019

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
matowest
Art Expert

Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:08 pm

Philpenn wrote:Did they keep the trippy drunken scene?
Sorta. Dumbo now watches some dance performance where people use bubble wands to create pink elephants with bubbles. He's transfixed on it for reasons that go unexplained. Cute elephant tho
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:54 pm

Dumbo was a disaster...
Irishman12
Art Expert

Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:15 pm

HOTEL MUMBAI was a difficult film to watch at times. Overstayed it's welcome a little bit (runtime of 122 minutes). The Armie Hammer storyline was hamfisted in to the story, which honestly, could have been done without and still come off just as good. 6/10
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:56 pm

I found Dumbo to be pretty interesting. It has many flaws and is very arch in alot of moments. but its one of the better later Burton films. its a hard one to reccomend.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
RadRacing
Art Expert

Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:38 pm

Disappointing to hear, but hardly surprising. I haven't liked a Tim Burton movie since Big Fish.
DonPiano
Art Expert

Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:16 pm

Irishman12 wrote:HOTEL MUMBAI was a difficult film to watch at times. Overstayed it's welcome a little bit (runtime of 122 minutes). The Armie Hammer storyline was hamfisted in to the story, which honestly, could have been done without and still come off just as good. 6/10
I skipped this as it came out the day before the Christchurch massacre. I'll catch it later in the year as it's an Australian film, but still... not looking forward to it.

Us is good, not great.

Pet Sematary is brilliant.

Shazam is a lot of fun, but takes its time getting to that fun.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
binky79
Art Expert

Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:20 am

The Beach Bum is my favorite movie of the year so far. Such a unique and hedonistic treat of a movie. Cant think of many like it.

Bummer that its not getting very good reviews and it didnt do very well this weekend. :?
Irishman12
Art Expert

Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:45 pm

DonPiano wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:HOTEL MUMBAI was a difficult film to watch at times. Overstayed it's welcome a little bit (runtime of 122 minutes). The Armie Hammer storyline was hamfisted in to the story, which honestly, could have been done without and still come off just as good. 6/10
I skipped this as it came out the day before the Christchurch massacre. I'll catch it later in the year as it's an Australian film, but still... not looking forward to it.

Us is good, not great.

Yeah with everything going on in Australia and New Zealand at the moment, this will be an even more difficult film I believe. Sorry for everything you're going through.

Seeing SHAZAM on Thursday and planning on seeing PET CEMETARY on Friday. Looking forward to both.
deancc
Art Expert

Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:02 am

Irishman12 wrote:
DonPiano wrote:

Us is good, not great.

Yeah with everything going on in Australia and New Zealand at the moment, this will be an even more difficult film I believe. Sorry for everything you're going through.

Seeing SHAZAM on Thursday and planning on seeing PET CEMETARY on Friday. Looking forward to both.
What's going on in Australia? Did I miss something?
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:33 am

deancc wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:Seeing SHAZAM on Thursday and planning on seeing PET CEMETARY on Friday. Looking forward to both.
DonPiano
Art Expert

Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:23 pm

deancc wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:
DonPiano wrote:

Us is good, not great.

The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
DickButt
Art Expert

Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:33 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:Dumbo was a disaster...
Totally agree and I love Disney movies. A complete mess. CGI was good.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:00 pm

SHAZAM! was a lot of fun. I didn't know much about the character going in to the film. Really the only thing I knew was he had many of the same abilities as Superman, but this is definitely one of the better DC movies as of late. Unfortunately, at times they almost "shove" their heroes in your face as one character constantly wears a Superman backpack, has Batman/Superman memorabilia in his room, at toy stores you only see Batman/Superman figures. I understand DC is wanting to promote their own brand and isn't going to plug Marvel; however, DC does have more superheros than Batman and Superman. Back to the film, it's funny, light-hearted and doesn't take itself too seriously. 6/10
howdyall
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:00 pm

Anyone in here getting any advance screenings of Perfect yet?
Irishman12
Art Expert

Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:39 pm

I was pretty bored with PET SEMATARY and I should have known better. I have nothing against the man personally, but a handful of Jason Clarke's latest releases have been misses for me. From TERMINATOR GENISYS to WINCHESTER to the horrible SERENITY that was offered up earlier this year. I never read the book or saw the original so I wasn't sure what to expect going in, but the film takes some time to establish itself. The only part I somewhat enjoyed was maybe the last 5-10 minutes honestly. 5.5/10