True Detective

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
dicandop
Art Enthusiast

Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:53 pm

Honestly I gave up watching it after 4th episode of the third season.. The second one was by my opinion total disaster and of course the first season is absolute top! I dont know I guess its impossible to recreate the quality of the first season...
Per aspera, ad astra, ad infinitum.
ricv64
Art Expert

Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:37 pm

I liked it . All the resolutions of julie were there and it seems his son figured this piece of paper with the address means something and it points in the direction that more will uncover what happened .
shoot , move and communicate - 125th SIG BN saying

Leokani Okauwila
Thinker
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:27 pm

True detective likes to introduce this new character in the final episode that was behind it all along. I hate that.
finneganm
Art Freak

Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:47 pm

It was pretentious bullshit.

Well acted (Dorf surprised me), but it just wasn’t a well written story. And I really wanted to like it.
That's what she said
simianfever
Art Expert

Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:23 am

Definitely in the did not love it boat. I had friend ask me if it was worth watching before the final episode had aired and my response was, "its by no means awful, but if I never watch the final episode for whatever reason it's not gonna bother me at all".

Obviously I watched it and I stand by that statement. There wasnt much here other than some decent acting IMO.
SPAC04
Art Expert

Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:24 am

Finally finished. I thought it was really good, a definite return to the production and acting quality of the first season though I was left hoping for a central villan character as strong as CHilters/Carcosa. Characters were great, Steven Dorf was great in his final flashback and throughout the show (anybody notice if the biker's patches said Iron Crusaders?). Really liked the use of original diegetic score from season 1 as well as the direct reference to the Louisiana case headline. Also Michael Rooker bit was cool and the Vietnam fade out was sublime. I'm sure i'll gain further appreciation upon rewatch.
michaelmillichamp
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:17 pm

I dug it. I think Nic wrote it with a chip on his shoulder, specifically targeting people who wanted the exact same thing as Season 1. It just ends up being overbearing love and an accident that turns this town into chaos because they're all so scared. I think that's pretty good.