MoviePass

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
Post Reply
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Expert
Posts: 1811
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:00 pm

Since this went to $9.99 per month has anyone used it? Thoughts? Have you had any issues using it?
User avatar
matowest
Art Expert
Posts: 4876
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:09 am

Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:06 pm

Works like a charm. No brainer at 9.99
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Expert
Posts: 1811
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:34 pm

matowest wrote:Works like a charm. No brainer at 9.99
Have you used it at any AMC theaters? I hear they're trying to get out of the agreement with Movie Pass. Also, I heard you can't see the same movie twice with it? Is that true too?
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
Posts: 8157
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am

Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:07 pm

Easiest call ever. Used it this weekend for a matinee movie which would have cost $14. Yuuuuuuuup.
ImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
Posts: 4334
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:15 pm

so can you see an IMAX/3D/etc movie and the card just takes the normal ticket value off of it?
User avatar
matowest
Art Expert
Posts: 4876
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:09 am

Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:05 pm

Irishman12 wrote:
matowest wrote:Works like a charm. No brainer at 9.99
Have you used it at any AMC theaters? I hear they're trying to get out of the agreement with Movie Pass. Also, I heard you can't see the same movie twice with it? Is that true too?
Haven't tried AMC yet, but it's hard to deny it (at least right now). The MoviePass card is just a debit card. Regals I've used it at don't even look at it, just swipe and print tickets. I assume AMC would work the same way. Not sure about seeing the same movie twice. Haven't tried that yet. Definitely only works for one movie per day though.
cotis wrote:so can you see an IMAX/3D/etc movie and the card just takes the normal ticket value off of it?
The app doesn't even list showtimes for IMAX movies or 3D options (or chain specialties such as RPX). Only standard times/titles are available to select.
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
Posts: 8157
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am

Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:35 pm

It does list IMAX. It did for IT.
ImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
matowest
Art Expert
Posts: 4876
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:09 am

Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:41 am

63schoeffling wrote:It does list IMAX. It did for IT.
Ahh, I see that now. It just doesn't identify them as IMAX showings for me. Just lists the showtime like a standard showtime. Interesting.
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
Posts: 8157
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am

Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:48 am

matowest wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:It does list IMAX. It did for IT.
Ahh, I see that now. It just doesn't identify them as IMAX showings for me. Just lists the showtime like a standard showtime. Interesting.
Yeah, I wonder what happens if I try and buy an IMAX but I just cross reference with the Fandango app to get the standard times.
ImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
matowest
Art Expert
Posts: 4876
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:09 am

Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:49 am

63schoeffling wrote:
matowest wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:It does list IMAX. It did for IT.
Ahh, I see that now. It just doesn't identify them as IMAX showings for me. Just lists the showtime like a standard showtime. Interesting.
Yeah, I wonder what happens if I try and buy an IMAX but I just cross reference with the Fandango app to get the standard times.
No idea haha. I'm tempted to try an IMAX ticket for IT just to see
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
Posts: 8097
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC

Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:54 am

Irishman12 wrote: Also, I heard you can't see the same movie twice with it? Is that true too?
They actually changed it recently where I think you can check into the same movie more than once. Used it to see Dunkirk twice in IMAX
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
User avatar
matowest
Art Expert
Posts: 4876
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:09 am

Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:00 am

35mmpaul wrote:
Irishman12 wrote: Also, I heard you can't see the same movie twice with it? Is that true too?
They actually changed it recently where I think you can check into the same movie more than once. Used it to see Dunkirk twice in IMAX
Well, this answers 2 questions then
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 51052
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:13 am

Can't see how this fudge is sustainable but duke has been successful as "disrupting" movie related fudge in the past. Luls @ counting on poors in Omaha and Kansas City to sustain your business model.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
Posts: 8157
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am

Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:12 am

Codeblue wrote:Can't see how this fudge is sustainable but duke has been successful as "disrupting" movie related fudge in the past. Luls @ counting on poors in Omaha and Kansas City to sustain your business model.
Definitely getting crushed in the major markets. But I have a feeling it will work out with how they supplement their income.

Hell, I'm already going to the movies more.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Post Reply