Comedy/Comics/Comedians Thread

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:03 am

Lewis Black makes me laugh. Probably because I am an bitter old man like him.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
willair
Art Connoisseur

Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:30 am

ole Billy the freckled baker
jools
Art Expert

Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:23 pm

The Anthony Cumia Show
54 mins ·
Anthony thanks everyone for their support. Here is a statement, in response to your request, from Anthony Cumia’s attorney, Alan J. Schwartz, Esq. of Garden City.
“Mr. Cumia emphatically denies the allegations brought against him, and is optimistic that when the truth comes out, he will be exonerated.
This morning, he entered a plea of not guilty to all charges and was released without bail, and directed to appear back in court in January.
Simply put, things are not always what they appear to be, and this case is a perfect example of that.”
Thanks again and we will be seeing everyone Monday LIVE @ 4pm
oh god what's he done now?

nvm...
http://www.newsday.com/long-island/crim ... 1.11248018
:roll:
"Just because you have Illustrator doesn't mean you are one." - VonDada
http://www.gigposters.com/forums/poster ... oster.html
willair
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:08 pm

Oof, ole Anthony had a rough weekend. He's supposed to be doing his show at 4 today, should be interesting to see what comes from that.
jools
Art Expert

Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:01 pm

his penchant for psycho teens with daddy issues had to catch up with him sooner or later i guess - he's a creepy auld bastid
willair
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:10 pm

Vos had the reaction tweet of the day
My picks today Carolina giving 5, New England giving 14.5, and Nassau County giving 6 months.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:14 pm

david cross just announced a bunch of shows across America for 2016. It's been 6 years since he last did stand up.
For anyone near any of the venues he's showing, I highly recommend going along. great comic
  • Image Image Image ImageImage
Apollo
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:52 pm

^drymount yes. Check out W/ Bob and David if you haven't plus 2 more days until http://www.ifc.com/shows/todd-margaret is back.
jools
Art Expert

Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:57 am

Brendon's posted the full "So I Suppose THIS is Offensive Now" show on youtube today - worth a watch if you havent seen it (but please make sure you watch from the hour mark before you go making any rash judgments) :twisted:

***NSFW OBVIOUSLY***

willair
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:52 am

Patrice benefit was drymounting amazing even though Burr didn't show. Louis CK replaced him though so it was all good. Godfrey, Greer Barnes, Norton, Attell, Artie all killed too. Rich Vos did a pretty great job hosting.

in other news, anyone have any thoughts on the schumes?
all of this fudge just keeps piling up, it's hard not to believe there's something fishy going on
exagenous
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:38 pm

I think her show is pretty funny however I'm not as much of a fan of her standup. Not that it is bad just isn't my style. But it feels like this joke stealing thing is being put out there by people who are just hating on her. They aren't fans of the people who she "stole" from but they are trolling every bit of standup comedy on the web to try and find something that they can point at to say she stole.
Moran
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:51 pm

willair wrote:Patrice benefit was drymounting amazing even though Burr didn't show. Louis CK replaced him though so it was all good. Godfrey, Greer Barnes, Norton, Attell, Artie all killed too. Rich Vos did a pretty great job hosting.

in other news, anyone have any thoughts on the schumes?
all of this fudge just keeps piling up, it's hard not to believe there's something fishy going on

Was this at the cellar? I heard Artie got a poor crowd reaction cause of a joke:)
willair
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:21 pm

The benefit was at NY City Center, I don't remember Artie getting a negative reaction... maybe to the fact that he was wearing adidas pants.
exagenous wrote:I think her show is pretty funny however I'm not as much of a fan of her standup. Not that it is bad just isn't my style. But it feels like this joke stealing thing is being put out there by people who are just hating on her. They aren't fans of the people who she "stole" from but they are trolling every bit of standup comedy on the web to try and find something that they can point at to say she stole.
As a whole I'd agree with you about the trolling thing (even though this was all started by Wendy Liebman, Tammy Pescatelli and Kathleen Madigan tweeting about joke theft) but at the very least her writing crew is lifting stuff for sketches on the show... It's hard to even argue that at this point.
exagenous
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:11 pm

Was it really started by the fans of those comedians? I did not know that. The only exposure I had about it is from podcast hosts bringing it up.
willair
Art Connoisseur

Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:57 am

exagenous wrote:Was it really started by the fans of those comedians? I did not know that. The only exposure I had about it is from podcast hosts bringing it up.
it was started by those comedians themselves, the trolls took it from there.