Comedy/Comics/Comedians Thread

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
jsadowski
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:29 pm

FrankBooth wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:02 pm
Big Jay has been a spiritual torchbearer of Patrice O'Neal for me, Legion of Skanks and especially Bonfire has been incredible.

Feldman is inspired material.
The #1 problem in Hollywood is, and always will be, pedophilia
SPAC04
Art Expert

Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:43 pm

Patrice was the best. Saw Big Jay not long ago, he crushed. I agree ^, Dave Attell + Patrice O'Neal= Big Jay.
lindagriffithh

Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:06 am

PrintNoob87 wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:43 pm
Not sure if one exists (couldn't find one), but thought it might be cool to have a stand-up thread. Always interested in finding out about new comics, or just shooting the fudge on the greats. Was watching Killing Em' Softly for the 17th time last night and just appreciating how great Chappelle was.

Never watched it! It turned out that he has an incredible show. Very funny and still relevant. But the funny things is that I have seen are films with Sasha Baron Coen.
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:46 am

Saw rory Scovel do a full hour of improved comedy Friday night, it was fun.
beetlejuice
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:53 pm

Rory is the best. Saw the same thing in Tempe last year. He does a lot of improv stuff but if you are familiar with his sets a lot of it is part of the act as well.
Go ahead, make my millennium.
beetlejuice
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:53 pm

Rory is the best. Saw the same thing in Tempe last year. He does a lot of improv stuff but if you are familiar with his sets a lot of it is part of the act as well.
Go ahead, make my millennium.
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:06 pm

Yeah it was the third time seeing him this year. But this was him literally just pulling guys in from out on the street and talking to him. I have a feeling Conan Obrien talked talked him into or whatever as he was there and did Rory's intro.
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:10 pm

Got to see Patton Oswalt and Dave Attell last week (at separate shows). Patton was thoroughly amazing, and the new hour is going to be pretty great. It was clear he was still working on a couple transitions and was still adding tags and callbacks, but he was awesome.
Attell was solid as well, but his crowd work is never quite to my liking. That aside, it was like hearing "Skanks for the Memories" for the first time, just from a standpoint of how much I laughed. Those two shows were both bucket-list level for me, since I've been listening to them both for years but had never seen either live.

I'm seeing Jim Jeffries this week in Vegas, and that should be a pretty fun show.
Also seeing Nick Kroll in a month, and I'm not entirely sure what to expect. I love his television stuff, and I think he's pretty hilarious, but I need to better familiarize myself with his standup and stage work.
SPAC04
Art Expert

Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:25 pm

Attell is a beast, his sets vary depending on crowd imo. Seen him at the local helium and he crushed. Smoked on stage too, one of the few that can pull that off in a smaller club (Chappelle chain smoked at a theater show when I seent him). Never seen Patton or Jeffries but I know them to be great stand ups from their bodies of work. Been to long since ive seen live comedy. Been listening to old Nick Dipaolo radio spots (2006-2013). Dude is abrasive and salty but a purely funny (if bitter) personality. It is also really amazing how openly you could attempt humor on the radio back when, compared to the present climate.