Comedy/Comics/Comedians Thread

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
lilorphanFunkhouser
Art Expert

Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:49 pm

Good to see Bill Burr in here already. Cant have a comedian thread without having this bad mothafucka Joey "Coco" Diaz aka Mad flavor.

ImageアキラImageImageImageImage
"Gkohler"-it only takes 1 idiot to throw that much cash at something for it to instantly be "worth" that much.
"Celsius"- Welcome to Expressobeans, bitch.
jools
Art Expert

Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:49 pm

“In my world, Anthony Jeselnik is an open micer. I ain’t learning his shitty last name. I don’t know who the drymount he is. drymount him. You people laughed at him??” – Patrice
:notworthy:
"Just because you have Illustrator doesn't mean you are one." - VonDada
http://www.gigposters.com/forums/poster ... oster.html
willair
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:52 pm

Joey Diaz has stories for days. Dude has lived a hell of a life. Pass on jeselnik as well.
willair
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:53 pm

jools wrote:
“In my world, Anthony Jeselnik is an open micer. I ain’t learning his shitty last name. I don’t know who the drymount he is. drymount him. You people laughed at him??” – Patrice
:notworthy:
It's really a bummer to not have this dude around anymore. Legend
wottagunn
Art Expert

Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:54 pm

I approve of this thread. I am a huge stand up fan.

The best of all time is, of course, Bill Hicks. There is no better. Carlin can drymount off.

I actually saw Joe Rogan and Tony Hinchcliffe on saturday night, they were great.
Some great comedians off the top of my head - Dylan Moran, Lee Mack, Tim Vine, Chappelle, Louis CK, Kyle Kinane, Doug Stanhope, Bill Burr, Bill Maher (if you like his politics of course), DAVID CROSS very underrated, Jim Jefferies, Jim Norton, Mitch Hedberg, Joey Diaz, and Gervais is alright too.
schmoff
Art Expert

Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:56 pm

saw Judd Apatow with Mike Birbiglia, and Adam Sandler sat night

Apatow and Birbiglia were very funny, Sandler has not done stand up in 20 years but told some funny stories about him and Judd and played a bunch of his songs including a new hanukah song
lilorphanFunkhouser
Art Expert

Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:02 pm

This thread can also use some Mitch.

"Gkohler"-it only takes 1 idiot to throw that much cash at something for it to instantly be "worth" that much.
willair
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:03 pm

It's been a Norton heavy day for me today he was back to back he's back to back on Legion of skanks and Anthony Cumia's podcast.
lilorphanFunkhouser
Art Expert

Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:05 pm

i drymounting miss Patrice.

jools
Art Expert

Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:12 pm

wottagunn wrote:I approve of this thread. I am a huge stand up fan.

The best of all time is, of course, Bill Hicks. There is no better. Carlin can drymount off.

I actually saw Joe Rogan and Tony Hinchcliffe on saturday night, they were great.
Some great comedians off the top of my head - Dylan Moran, Lee Mack, Tim Vine, Chappelle, Louis CK, Kyle Kinane, Doug Stanhope, Bill Burr, Bill Maher (if you like his politics of course), DAVID CROSS very underrated, Jim Jefferies, Jim Norton, Mitch Hedberg, Joey Diaz, and Gervais is alright too.
I think us of a certain age were privileged to have Hicks, and weirdly it does seem a bit fashionable these days to slag him off, i loved Bill, still listen to rant in e minor now and again...definitely top 5.
Moran rules...Mack and Vine?? we'll agree to disagree hehe...seen Jefferies a few times, always good for a laugh, really like Steve Hughes too...i drymountin love Yimmy, on the radio he's hilarious, so razorsharp and quick, but his standup is always quite painful, there's something about his delivery which just grates, same as his acting it's just awkward to watch..compare Jimmy to when Stanhope was on Louis, and Doug just came across so natural. Usually Joe's hyperbole annoys me, but when he said Joey Diaz was the funniest man alive, he wasnt far wrong. Going by his podcast appearances and his This Is Not Happening story, i look forward to hearing more from Ali Siddiq
willair
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:16 pm

jools wrote:i drymountin love Yimmy, on the radio he's hilarious, so razorsharp and quick
Shows just not the same without ant.
jools
Art Expert

Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:22 pm

true dat...although i wish Ant would drop the whole race baiting schtick on twitter..i always kinda hoped his racist thing was a bit, but now i'm not so sure..i used to listen to o&a loads, but o&j not so much...and i just can't be arsed with Ant's show
willair
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:26 pm

He's toned it down on the show recently. Unfollowed him on Twitter a while ago for just that reason. East side Dave's show starts in January on his network. Can't wait for that.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:58 pm

jools wrote: I think us of a certain age were privileged to have Hicks, and weirdly it does seem a bit fashionable these days to slag him off, i loved Bill, still listen to rant in e minor now and again...definitely top 5.
Moran rules...Mack and Vine?? we'll agree to disagree hehe...
Who slags Bill off? I haven’t heard of this. How dare anyone talk down of him!
On this – I wish Ken Taylor continued his comics series.
I saw Moran a few months back. I absolutely love his humour but the show wasn’t great. It was in a huge theater and I was sitting half way back. Dickheads around me were laughing before his punchlines, so I couldn’t hear most of his jokes. No fudge, I think I heard 20% of his act.

Mack and Vine are great. With Vine, you obviously have to join in the silliness. Don’t take him seriously. And I don’t see how anyone could listen to ‘Lee Mack Live’ and not love it.
jools
Art Expert

Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:04 pm

wottagunn wrote:
jools wrote: I think us of a certain age were privileged to have Hicks, and weirdly it does seem a bit fashionable these days to slag him off, i loved Bill, still listen to rant in e minor now and again...definitely top 5.
Moran rules...Mack and Vine?? we'll agree to disagree hehe...
Who slags Bill off? I haven’t heard of this. How dare anyone talk down of him!
On this – I wish Ken Taylor continued his comics series.
I saw Moran a few months back. I absolutely love his humour but the show wasn’t great. It was in a huge theater and I was sitting half way back. Dickheads around me were laughing before his punchlines, so I couldn’t hear most of his jokes. No fudge, I think I heard 20% of his act.

Mack and Vine are great. With Vine, you obviously have to join in the silliness. Don’t take him seriously. And I don’t see how anyone could listen to ‘Lee Mack Live’ and not love it.
True story..i fell asleep at an Eddie Izzard gig :oops: might have had a wee schmoke before goin, it was one of those arena shows with big screens...i was so bored i didnt make it to the first interval...there arent many UK comics i find funny, Jimmy Carr has his moments, and Gervais standup was surprisingly good, i much prefer US comedians, although there are some really good aussies too, seen Brendon Burns a few times and totally love his podcast too. Do y'all watch @midnight? Love that show

oh and if you haven't seen it watch ALL of these...hands down my favourite comedy show ever