Amazon Prime Streaming

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:22 pm

Man in the High Castle is back!
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:17 pm

Fug ya. Just finished Good Omens, which was good, not great.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
finneganm
Art Freak

Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:11 am

Seems legit
That's what she said
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:07 pm

Luls.#datlonggamespam
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:10 pm

New DrewJ alt?
jjttdw
Art Expert

Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:04 pm

DaleCooper wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:27 am
Did anyone check out the first two episodes of The Man in the High Castle? Thought they were really good. Looking forward to the full series going online on the 20th. I'm in the UK but assuming it's the same deal in the US.
Anyone care to explain the last scene of Man in the High Castle?
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:24 am

Just finished it. the showrunner said they left it intentionally ambiguous. Luls.

My stab at it is that the portal was "unstable" and once the Nazis were no longer "controlling it", it essentially opened up. I assume the same rules apply where ya can't cross over to a reality where ya already are alive, but who fuggin knows. The fact that so many are crossing over into the reality where the Nazis are in power, but are from a reality where the Nazis don't exist (or have been handily defeated) will lead to a further decline and ultimate demise of the Nazis.
fredo
Art God

Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:44 am

Ok, we finally got dis fudge in NZ. Your Top 5 shows, if ye please...please? I shall reward those who help with 2.5 to 2.75 star reviews of your top 2.
just a foil for me today, thanks
ryefish75
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:20 pm

fredo wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:44 am
Ok, we finally got dis fudge in NZ. Your Top 5 shows, if ye please...please?
My current favorite amazon originals or ones they took over for other networks:
1. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel- very good all-around.
2. Jack Ryan- I enjoyed this series (both seasons) almost as much as the Tom Clancy movies.
3. The Man in the High Castle- First two seasons were very good, the last was okay.
4. Patriot- This took me more than one false-start before I could get into it, but I'm glad I did. Season two makes up for any shortfalls in season one.
5. The Expanse- This also took me a couple of tries to get into it, but it has turned out to be an enjoyable program with a good series of story lines.

Possible runners-up that ought not be missed:
6. Sneaky Pete- I liked this show, but I'm biased because I could watch Giovanni Ribisi sort junk mail for 45 minutes and it might make this list.
7. Hanna- Liked it, would watch again. Reminded me of Orphan Black meets the Bourne series (series derived from the 2011 Saoirse Ronan movie of the same name).
8. Goliath- Billy Bob really makes this show. First two seasons were great. The last season wasn't as enjoyable.
9. The Romanoffs- This series has some excellent actors in various stories that only marginally relate to one another. Underrated- even by my own standards.
10. Homecoming- painfully slow-burn, but it does pan out into an enjoyable binge.
fredo
Art God

Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:15 pm

Gracias!
We shall take those on board.
finneganm
Art Freak

Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:26 pm

1) Homecoming. As mentioned above, it is a slow burn, but it’s probably the best series Amazon has done.
2) The Boys is fun comic book bullshit. Very entertaining, easily forgettable.
3) Maisel is good. Not amazing, but certainly enjoyable.
4) I really enjoyed The Report. Adam Driver stars in a movie about the creation of a 6k page report exposing the CIA’s use of torture post 9/11. Good fun.

I feel the need to point out the following:
Jack Ryan is hot garbage. Pushed myself through the first season hoping for more. Didn’t get there. Gave the second season two episodes. Phoned in writing, phoned in acting. If you like 24, you’ll like Jack Ryan.
That's what she said
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:46 pm

Ya'll keep forgetting Catastrophe. Stop dat. Also first season of Trapped is solid. Still need to watch the second. Fleabag is great too. Or is he asking for fudge that's only still airing new eps?
iano-beano
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:04 pm

Add "Undone" to your 'to watch' list.
It's a trip.
“Take away the right to say 'drymount' and you take away the right to say 'drymount the government.' ”
fredo
Art God

Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:32 pm

Codeblue wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:46 pm
Ya'll keep forgetting Catastrophe. Stop dat. Also first season of Trapped is solid. Still need to watch the second. Fleabag is great too. Or is he asking for fudge that's only still airing new eps?
I recommended Fleabag! Best show of the last couple years that I've seen. Checked out Crashing yet? Also good.

Just finished the last season of Catastrophe, which was solid but a li'l bit of a dropoff. Is that show done? First two seasons are perfect.

Just looking for recs in general. What's the one you people keep talkiing about as best evah? Sentinel?