Amazon Prime Streaming

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
squalie
Art Expert

Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:20 am

ryefish75 wrote:I watched Patriot over the holiday weekend- both seasons, and found it enjoyable. I had a couple of false starts on season one since about 2016, but forced myself to get into it. Glad I did.
Not sure how I missed this one but thanks for the heads up rye. Really liked S1 and can't wait to watch S2. :cheers:
ArchibaldTuttle
Art Expert

Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:14 am

Really love Patriot- it’s so absurd and well done. Halfway through S2 now.
ryefish75
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:28 pm

ArchibaldTuttle wrote:Really love Patriot- it’s so absurd and well done. Halfway through S2 now.
I hate that Patriot hasn't had the hype that shows like The Night Manager and Marvelous Mrs. Maisel have gotten. They're all excellent shows in their own right, but Amazon's content marketing strategy is a mystery.
squalie wrote:Not sure how I missed this one but thanks for the heads up rye. Really liked S1 and can't wait to watch S2. :cheers:
Glad to help.
DonPiano
Art Expert

Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:01 pm

I watched The Road Movie last night. It's basically 70 minutes of Russian dash cam footage. It's great.

Also, I saw that Zama and Never Goin' Back are on Prime as well. I haven't seen them, but I hear nothing but good stuff about them, so give them a squizz.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:57 am

DonPiano wrote:I watched The Road Movie last night. It's basically 70 minutes of Russian dash cam footage. It's great.

Also, I saw that Zama and Never Goin' Back are on Prime as well. I haven't seen them, but I hear nothing but good stuff about them, so give them a squizz.
yup i'm so hyped for Zama, it's up in my top 3 of my next must see films (after some stuff that's about to get taken off Mubi). don't know about never goin' back but i'll check into it
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:09 pm

Marlina the Murderer if you're into genre fare.
Tumbbad
Liza the Fox Fairy
Western
Highway (short film)
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:14 pm

meskell wrote:
FlapJack wrote:Also, checked out the pilot for The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and thought it was pretty cool.
Just finished watching S.1. and I think it's fantastic. Looking forward to S.2.

p.s The wife mentioned months back that she enjoyed it and I dismissed it because...
1. her taste is questionable and
2. the title didn't do anything for me.

Sadly, it took an Emmy to change my view. Lessons learned.
I thought the second season was even better. Really quick watch even though the eps are an "hour" long.

P.S. Finally getting around to watching Man in High Castle S3. Hopefully it's not disappointing considering they seem to be getting much more heavily into the time travel/astral plane stuff.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
meskell
Art Expert

Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:00 am

Codeblue wrote:
meskell wrote:
FlapJack wrote:Also, checked out the pilot for The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and thought it was pretty cool.
Just finished watching S.1. and I think it's fantastic. Looking forward to S.2.
I thought the second season was even better. Really quick watch even though the eps are an "hour" long.
I did too. After the first episode, I was concerned they lost what they had in the first season but every episode after was great. It will be a long wait for it to return.
Wanda: I can't stand people. I hate them. Do you hate them?
Henry: No, but I seem to feel better when they're not around.
ryefish75
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:32 am

Codeblue wrote:I thought the second season was even better. Really quick watch even though the eps are an "hour" long.

P.S. Finally getting around to watching Man in High Castle S3. Hopefully it's not disappointing considering they seem to be getting much more heavily into the time travel/astral plane stuff.
Season 2 of Maisel is fantastic. It will be hard to top. I'm thinking you're not going to be pleased with Man in the High Castle S3.
middayshadows
Art Expert

Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:22 am

Anyone mention Fleabag yet? One of my top pleasant surprises from last year.

Homecoming is a slow burn yes, almost to a fault. Still enjoyed it.
Image Image
RadRacing
Art Expert

Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:23 am

middayshadows wrote:Anyone mention Fleabag yet? One of my top pleasant surprises from last year.
Great show. Season 2 will be out May 17th :pint:
Jasper73
Art Expert

Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:57 am

RadRacing wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:23 am
middayshadows wrote:Anyone mention Fleabag yet? One of my top pleasant surprises from last year.
Great show. Season 2 will be out May 17th :pint:
Second season is amazing. If you haven't watched please do.
ImageT.K.C.
ToonKiller
Art Expert

Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:21 pm

Thanks to everyone on the great recommendation of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.

Tried to watch Fleabag but with her narrating every little thing we didn’t make it very far into the first episode. Might have to give it another go.
jjbehren
Flipper

Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:58 pm

ToonKiller wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:21 pm
Thanks to everyone on the great recommendation of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.

Tried to watch Fleabag but with her narrating every little thing we didn’t make it very far into the first episode. Might have to give it another go.
Fleabag is top-5 shows for me. Very good.

You know what's crazy? Fleabag was created by Phoebe Waller-Bridge. She also writes and stars in the show. She also created and writes for Killing Eve. That's some range.

That being said, Killing Eve is just a little above average, IMO.
ImageImageImageImageImage