Better Call Saul

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
luderico
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:36 am

mfaith wrote:I was confused by some of Kim's scenes this episode. Why did she seem to become so detached when the Mesa Verde guy was showing her all the models, and afterwards delegated the paperwork to her paralegal instead of doing it herself like she'd originally said? It was almost as if she'd become disenfranchised by her success, or the success she'd helped create.
And then that almost seemed to lead to her reversing her decision to show Chuck's letter to Jimmy, where she got all emotional. Was her reaction more a product of Jimmy's non-reaction and blasé attitude? Like she was realizing he was responsible for Chuck's death?
Good question. Don't know if it is up to the viewer to decide or if they will get to the bottom in the next episodes.
Maybe have a breakdown where she fudges over everything...
For now imho, to soon to be back at work after the crash. Overwhelmed by Mesa Verde expansion, Jimmys reaction to the letter.

Loved the beginning of the episode. Poor drymounting Nacho.

Great to see Gale again.

The ending was brutal with Jimmy reading the letter from Chuck.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:12 pm

mfaith wrote:I was confused by some of Kim's scenes this episode. Why did she seem to become so detached when the Mesa Verde guy was showing her all the models, and afterwards delegated the paperwork to her paralegal instead of doing it herself like she'd originally said? It was almost as if she'd become disenfranchised by her success, or the success she'd helped create.
And then that almost seemed to lead to her reversing her decision to show Chuck's letter to Jimmy, where she got all emotional. Was her reaction more a product of Jimmy's non-reaction and blasé attitude? Like she was realizing he was responsible for Chuck's death?
I think it's a big combo of things . . . she's still emotionally wrung out from Chuck's death and how Chuck treated Jimmy. She's probably got a bit of PTSD from her accident. Back to work too soon, and then the big expansion sprung on her brought up a bunch of self-doubt, etc.

And I think she showed Jimmy the letter because she's starting to see that he's as bad as Chuck made him out to be . . . she's reaching for a sign that he's not. His letting Howard take the blame for Chuck's suicide totally threw her off in the first episode, and I think she wanted Jimmy to show some emotion about the letter and some anger about Chuck's measly $5000 bequest to Jimmy. But he just doesn't give a fudge because he's given in to his dark side and I think that's why she got so upset.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:24 pm

hunterjax wrote: And I think she showed Jimmy the letter because she's starting to see that he's as bad as Chuck made him out to be . . . she's reaching for a sign that he's not. His letting Howard take the blame for Chuck's suicide totally threw her off in the first episode, and I think she wanted Jimmy to show some emotion about the letter and some anger about Chuck's measly $5000 bequest to Jimmy. But he just doesn't give a fudge because he's given in to his dark side and I think that's why she got so upset.
I think you nailed it. This seems pretty spot on
So it goes...
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:42 pm

I think she wrote that letter because she couldn't show Jimmy the real letter and have him end up with one final fu from Chuck. She probably felt guilty about it right after he read it hence the breakdown.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
chalkdust
Art Expert

Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:13 pm

damn, not a bad theory
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:23 pm

Wouldn't it have been signed?
So it goes...
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:25 pm

Not really. Even if it was, dats what tracing paper is for.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
TyrisFlare
Art Enthusiast

Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:32 pm

Why you think she hired that Asian bird? #denyallplausibility
hunterjax
Art Expert

Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:05 am

Codeblue wrote:I think she wrote that letter because she couldn't show Jimmy the real letter and have him end up with one final fu from Chuck. She probably felt guilty about it right after he read it hence the breakdown.
. . . hmmm.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:37 am

Only 3 episodes left in this season. What was up with Kim buying all the supplies and markers towards the end and what could she have up her sleeve in regards to Jimmy's situation?
hunterjax
Art Expert

Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:57 am

Irishman12 wrote:Only 3 episodes left in this season. What was up with Kim buying all the supplies and markers towards the end and what could she have up her sleeve in regards to Jimmy's situation?
I've no idea what exactly she has planned . . . but that's the thing about Kim - she's EXACTLY like Jimmy: ambitious to the point of deviousness. Buuuuttt she sees how far outside the lines Jimmy will go and she doesn't want to do that herself. She LOVED playing along when they were doing the bar scam thing, but when it comes to actually criminal activity she sees the line and doesn't want to cross it. And she thinks she can save Jimmy from crossing it too . . . but that illusion is starting to fade for her, I think.

Show's so drymounting good.
ZoSoTim
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:36 am

Sucks that there are only 3 episodes left this season but the next one is going to be nuts, it appears. No idea what Kim is up to with the office supplies. Only Vince Gilligan could get me excited about Monday coming. Lol.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:29 pm

The website used in this week's episode is actually live! :lol: It's for a food bank in Louisiana so at least any donations go to a good cause.

http://www.freewill-baptistchurch.com/

I wonder what Kim's limit is going to be? She's the one who came up with the idea for the cards for Huell. She's stooping down to Jimmy's level and then she says she wants to do it again. So I wonder at what point she's going to decide that it's too much?
ZoSoTim
Art Connoisseur

Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:17 pm

Tonight’s episode was amazing.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:55 pm

Agreed. I guess this is what'll turn Kim off? Jimmy attacking her for "not being on her side" or being more sympathetic. Not looking forward to next week's episode because I know it's the last of the season. :cry: