Better Call Saul

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:29 am

Really want to like this show but it's terrible. Boring as drymount. Production value is huge but they try to do these little "alternative" shots and it just comes off flat. Vince Gilligan just has a massive ego now, writing is just atrocious and the love interest lawyer chick is so hard to watch struggle through her scenes. McKean getting by on his name. Mike is the only thing even remotely interesting and even his scenes are just straight rehashes from BB. Saul bad, man.
ceevee
Art Expert

Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:41 am

IWish wrote:I'm diggin' the hell outta' this show.
Me too. I binge watched Season 1 after initially bailing one ep in. Glad I did. It was a great watch, and this season has started out pretty strong.
Solar
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:53 am

earlgreytoast wrote:Really want to like this show but it's terrible. Boring as drymount. Production value is huge but they try to do these little "alternative" shots and it just comes off flat. Vince Gilligan just has a massive ego now, writing is just atrocious and the love interest lawyer chick is so hard to watch struggle through her scenes. McKean getting by on his name. Mike is the only thing even remotely interesting and even his scenes are just straight rehashes from BB. Saul bad, man.
Totally disagree on every point. I love this show.
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:39 am

Solar wrote:
earlgreytoast wrote:Really want to like this show but it's terrible. Boring as drymount. Production value is huge but they try to do these little "alternative" shots and it just comes off flat. Vince Gilligan just has a massive ego now, writing is just atrocious and the love interest lawyer chick is so hard to watch struggle through her scenes. McKean getting by on his name. Mike is the only thing even remotely interesting and even his scenes are just straight rehashes from BB. Saul bad, man.
Same.
ChefFerrari
Art Expert

Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:14 pm

PrintNoob87 wrote:
Solar wrote:
Same.
I concur, it's brilliant. You can't go in expecting Breaking Bad, it's not the same show.

And hardwick is a drymounting tool. Whiny ass little hipster wanta be, biatch
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:31 pm

Figured I'd be in the minority. And i really did not go in expecting BB. But I'm in now and will hope it improves for me.
IndyDMBFan
Art Expert

Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:01 pm

I agree that it can seem a bit slow at times, but I felt the same about some episodes of BB. I watch the next day with no commercials so it doesn't seem as slow to me. I drymounting love it, top 3 show going right now with House of Cards and Game of Thrones IMO.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:07 pm

IndyDMBFan wrote:I agree that it can seem a bit slow at times, but I felt the same about some episodes of BB. I watch the next day with no commercials so it doesn't seem as slow to me. I drymounting love it, top 3 show going right now with House of Cards and Game of Thrones IMO.
Pretty hard to put another show above these right now. I agree fa sho.... TV is killing it right now. I'm so happy BCS turned out to be way better than I thought.
ImageImageImageImageImage
dasher12
Art Expert

Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:35 am

Love the new episodes. Really liked the ending on the bed. Slippin jimmy is still alive
The people vs. Oj is getting pretty damn good though and only a few episodes in if anybody needs another show to view.
matowest
Art Expert

Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:39 am

dasher12 wrote:Love the new episodes. Really liked the ending on the bed. Slippin jimmy is still alive
The people vs. Oj is getting pretty damn good though and only a few episodes in if anybody needs another show to view.
All of this. Also, I'm digging 11.22.63 on Hulu.
mrkyuss
Art God

Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:14 pm

Similar comparison is the Lone Gunman to the X-Files. You want to like it as it sort of reminds you of the good show, but it really isn't very good.
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
veltri
Art Expert

Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:44 pm

Great episode this week. Dolly chair lift was brilliant.
strongstuff wrote: i want to watch those fools squirm.
ImageImageImageImageImage
matowest
Art Expert

Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:32 am

Another solid ep this week. Mike remains awesome and we got a nice little Breaking Bad cameo
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:30 am

matowest wrote:Another solid ep this week. Mike remains awesome and we got a nice little Breaking Bad cameo
Absolutely.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:28 pm

Definitely