A Wretched Hive - The Star Wars Movie Thread

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:44 pm

Cinlabyrinth wrote:I watched Star Wars iv last night for only the 2nd time in my life. It's the only SW I've seen. Watching Star Wars V tonight for the first time ever!
Enjoy, you're in for a treat :pint:
swabie2424
Art Expert

Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:17 pm

Just unboxed my Sideshow Premium Format Exclusive C-3PO and R2-D2. They rock. Getting Chewie in the mail tomorrow.

I'm really looking forwarded to the new movies. Like others have said, the prequels just didn't do it for me. The sad thing is there are some great design elements in them. Doug Chiang did some great work and it'll be forever overlooked.

I've had some of the most amazing Star Wars experiences in my life and have been blessed in that regard. I won't bore people with all the details or name drop, but I've done things and hung out with people that are truly once in a lifetime type deals. The sad thing is many of my heroes - the people who made the OT movies great - are getting very, very old and passing away. I'm not talking about the actors (they aren't the most important to me). I'm talking about folks like John Williams, Ralph McQuarrie and Stuart Freeborn.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nsd
Art Expert

Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:26 pm

I am not cautiously optimistic about the new films. I am practically all in. They way Star Trek was handled in the reboot is pretty much why.

- Give me some old characters, settings, themes, costumes, etc. I know.
- Make all of those things better or at least somewhat your own.
- Have amazing special effects.
- Have recognizable and enjoyable actors.
- Make it fun.

That recipe is likely to work again. Also, Disney has not ruined Marvel films (just because of the "Disney Way") so anyone concerned with that should probably not be.

On a related note: I was just given an unopened box of the recent Star Wars trading cards and got a whole base set, most regular insert cards, and extras of some of Moss & Stout's cards!
Can be an online release PB when I am not trying to get the piece if I am available. Just ask.
#1 ISO's: (Stout - Signed "Reservoir Dogs", Taylor - "Drive" & Mitchell - Signed "Driver" Portrait)
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:12 pm

So apparently there's the possibility of Pixar doing a SW flick. Thoughts?
Sevensykes
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:25 pm

nsd wrote:I am not cautiously optimistic about the new films. I am practically all in. They way Star Trek was handled in the reboot is pretty much why.

- Give me some old characters, settings, themes, costumes, etc. I know.
- Make all of those things better or at least somewhat your own.
- Have amazing special effects.
- Have recognizable and enjoyable actors.
- Make it fun.

That recipe is likely to work again. Also, Disney has not ruined Marvel films (just because of the "Disney Way") so anyone concerned with that should probably not be.

On a related note: I was just given an unopened box of the recent Star Wars trading cards and got a whole base set, most regular insert cards, and extras of some of Moss & Stout's cards!
Sevensykes
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:29 pm

I'm not too sure about a pixar star wars movie but Idk it could be good. I heard the clone war series was good but haven't seen any myself.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:11 pm

Darkknight37 wrote:So apparently there's the possibility of Pixar doing a SW flick. Thoughts?
drymount yeah
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:21 am

Rumor has it that Peter Mayhew will be back as Chewie!
fanboy
Art Expert

Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:25 pm

I think the more original cast members they get for this, the better. Even if they only appear in the first act and then move on to the new stars it will work wonderfully. Give us a reminder of where we left off, show us the future and fade into it.
ironjaiden wrote:I'm a whore so I'll draw whatever you want for a warm meal and a dirty hand job. Every artist is different.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:26 pm

Darkknight37 wrote:Rumor has it that Peter Mayhew will be back as Chewie!
no longer a rumor :pint:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:36 pm

Proposal: whoever calls the original film "episode 4" or "a new hope" instead of "Star Wars" gets banned.
Jesusmalverde
Art Expert

Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:56 pm

Darkknight37 wrote:Getting away from the sequels, what was your first exposure to Star Wars?

Mine was when they had the release of the Special Editions starting back in '97 (I was 10). I'm sure I'd seen bits and pieces of the trilogy before that, but my folks taking me to see A New Hope in theaters definitely stands out the most. I remember the line for the screening we went to was out the doors.
1977. I was 7, every kid and their brother went to the movie as part of their birthday party. Saw it over a dozen times in the theatre.
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:19 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:Proposal: whoever calls the original film "episode 4" or "a new hope" instead of "Star Wars" gets banned.
I can dig it.
fanboy
Art Expert

Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:10 pm

swabie2424 wrote:The sad thing is many of my heroes - the people who made the OT movies great - are getting very, very old and passing away. I'm not talking about the actors (they aren't the most important to me). I'm talking about folks like John Williams, Ralph McQuarrie and Stuart Freeborn.
Ralph McQuarrie was one of (if not THE) most influential contributors in the entire Star Wars universe. When I heard about his death, I was truly saddened. At least we still have John Williams to score the new trilogy.
ironjaiden wrote:I'm a whore so I'll draw whatever you want for a warm meal and a dirty hand job. Every artist is different.
captainhavoc
Art Expert

Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:24 pm

http://www.cnet.com/news/luke-leia-and- ... -vii-cast/

Glad to see Moses from Attack the Block is getting some big league work.
Ayes wrote:Maybe all these dates who've been turning you down see you in your yard hurling cat food and blowing weed smoke at your neighbor's pets.