A Wretched Hive - The Star Wars Movie Thread

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:23 pm

207 Target stores are opening at midnight on Force Friday, Sept. 4, so you can be
the first to get all the Star Wars: The Force Awakens items.
http://goo.gl/HmPDcT
Philpenn
Art Expert

Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:27 pm

I'll hit up a matinee a week or two post opening. Less people clapping, or people in general the better.
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:32 pm

dweebofthedead wrote:Image
207 Target stores are opening at midnight on Force Friday, Sept. 4, so you can be
the first to get all the Star Wars: The Force Awakens items.
http://goo.gl/HmPDcT
Your store is called Target, and to advertise your slew of new SW toys, you don't use the slogan "STAY ON TARGET...STAY ON TARGET!" ?

(Target marketers, you're welcome).
IWish
Art Expert

Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:33 pm

rubberneck wrote:Not really. Better in your pocket than theirs...
Well, I'll never begrudge someone making a buck (a living), but they sure do charge a lot. If they're offering coupons - they must be able to afford it. One of the saddest things for me to see is the local independent theaters closing down, here. It was an especially sad day when our last drive-in shutdown. We have several historical theaters downtown that have been protected. Other than that, we only have the big name theater chains.

Harrison Ford sure has picked some dud movies, fer sure. I still love him, though.
zombiejp
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:18 pm

Target, Toys R Us, and Wal-Mart are all opening at midnight for Force Friday. Wal-Mart is giving away some sort of discs, thing, but I'm really holding out to see if someone's going to have an exclusive figure. Otherwise we'll probably just hit TRU.
thekharmainitiative
Art Expert

Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:47 pm

zombiejp wrote:
I actually have plans to see it twice opening weekend. Going to hit the midnight show opening night with some of my more daring friends and then I'm going to see it the next day with the wife. What's everyone else planning?

Has anyone seen anything about when tickets are supposed to start going for sale? I know they'll be going for sale early, but I have no idea how early. I just want to scoop them up on fandango the second they go up because I have a feelings some of the more popular screens are definitely going to sell out.
Regal cinemas says to expect tickets to go on sale in October.
WhoLikesRingo wrote:This single post led to a roller coaster of emotion. Congrats kharma, king of the thread.
dskdaniel
Art Expert

Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:50 pm

Philpenn wrote:I'll hit up a matinee a week or two post opening. Less people clapping, or people in general the better.
:roll:
Philpenn
Art Expert

Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:19 pm

I don't see a lot of movies in the theater any more. Only one I've been to this decade is Dark Knight Rises. Did that one like I plan to do VII, and it was fine by me.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:22 pm

Just got an email from pendleton that they're going to have some super heady limited edition Star Wars fudge available for preorder next week.
ImageT.K.C.
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:23 pm

Philpenn wrote:I don't see a lot of movies in the theater any more. Only one I've been to this decade is Dark Knight Rises. Did that one like I plan to do VII, and it was fine by me.
^ fun at parties
mattkardish
Art Expert

Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:00 pm

Philpenn wrote:I don't see a lot of movies in the theater any more. Only one I've been to this decade is Dark Knight Rises. Did that one like I plan to do VII, and it was fine by me.
lol the nerds at KOP got you down?
zombiejp
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:15 pm

I took this photo at Target earlier today.

thekharmainitiative
Art Expert

Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:03 am

bryndavies wrote:Just got an email from pendleton that they're going to have some super heady limited edition Star Wars fudge available for preorder next week.
What's that?
zombiejp wrote:I took this photo at Target earlier today.

Ha cool! That's a creative and good use of the scroll.
WhoLikesRingo wrote:This single post led to a roller coaster of emotion. Congrats kharma, king of the thread.
mattkardish
Art Expert

Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:51 am

love that checkout. I was a cashier at target as a teenager and this could have made it a bit more tolerable...
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:03 pm

rubberneck wrote:Got kid a Darth Vader Ultimate Fx lightsaber a week ago and was I using his old telescopic plastic that I got him prior, to battle with him but it just wasn't the same...

Justification to get me one of these Master Replicas and be a bit more dramatic. Arrived last night, it's awesome, metal hilt, 3 foot blade and plenty of light, noise and effects.

He's gonna get a real surprise tonight when this gets produced. Image

Maybe I can justify getting this for the kid? 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"