The Official Horror Movie Thread

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
davemfan
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:09 am

Just watched 3 From Hell last night. I liked it. Spoiler: Not as good as House and Rejects because it was missing Sid. I feel he would of added so much more to the story. Captain Spaulding is my all time favorite horror character aside from Michael Myers. It was sad seeing Sid in the state he was in, in his one and only scene in the movie. He wasn't the plump happy guy. You could tell he was not in good shape. Richard Brake's character did a good job to fill in but still. Bill Mosley was still classic Otis. Not sure i really like where Rob took Baby's character. I get she was insane but she had a totally different attitude in this film. It was kind of odd. He took the "kid" out of the character.
ImageImageImage
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:32 am

Tried to make a point to watch some new things this October:

Headcount (Netflix) was obnoxious, predictable, and generally pretty stupid.
Haunt (Shudder) had some great moments and nice art design, but nothing spectacular.
Anna and the Apocalypse: I wanted to love this movie. I really did. But I absolutely loathed just about everything in it. The songs were mediocre at best (an absolute sin for a musical), the plot was predictable, and it mostly made me want to rewatch Shaun of the Dead and 28 Days Later.
Crawl was silly and a bit ridiculous but a ton of fun.
The Dead Don't Die was another flick I wanted to love but didn't particularly care for. Check it out if it's streaming for free somewhere, but not worth making a great effort to see.
The Wind had some great moments, but is definitely in the vein of slow-burn horror wherein it's not clear whether we're witnessing a monster or simply mental illness (which is a bit tired at this point).
Midsommar was awesome and unsettling in all the ways I wanted/expected. I'm not sure I'll ever feel compelled to watch it again, but It was unsettling as Hell.
One Cut of the Dead (Amazon Prime) requires a great deal of patience throughout the first 20 minutes, but it's absolutely worth it. Definitely recommended.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:07 pm

Here's how my final list turned out:

-Final Destination
-Final Destination 2
-Final Destination 3
-The Final Destination
-Final Destination 5
-3 From Hell
-Insidious
-Insidious: Chapter 2
-Insidious: Chapter 3
-Insidious: The Last Key
-Dracula (1931)
-Frankenstein (1931)
-The Mummy (1932)
-The Invisible Man (1933)
-The Bride of Frankenstein (1935)
-The Wolf Man (1941)
-Phantom of the Opera (1943)
-Creature from the Black Lagoon (1954)
-Nosferatu (1922)
-The Golem (1915)
-Countdown
-The Phantom of the Opera (1925)
-The Man Who Laughs (1928)

And I even fit in John Carpenter's Dr. Dementia trilogy that plays in the original HALLOWEEN:

-The Thing From Another World
-Forbidden Planet
-The Creeping Unknown aka The Quartermass Xperiment

26 movies in 31 days when I originally didn't even plan on doing anything like this this year. Not bad. Got to see a lot of films I'd either never seen or it's been years since I've seen them. Really got more of an appreciation for the classics after these viewings.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:52 am

I like "Daniel Isn't Real" a bunch