The Official Horror Movie Thread

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
elduderino619
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:54 am

whiskaz wrote:
UrsusMorris wrote:I thoroughly enjoyed Wyrmwood. It was a fun flick.
Reminded me of old Peter Jackson. Worth watching.

I can watch dead alive or bad taste anytime, his practical effects are great
Boognish23
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:14 pm

The Witch was amazing! Saw it at the Melbourne Film Festival on a large screen in a sold out theatre, one of the best horror movies I have seen in a long time, a true old school horror movie with no cheap scares.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQXmlf3Sefg

Highly recommended!! The trailer really doesn't give much away but does capture the extremely dark horror tone of the movie.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:48 pm

^now that looks like a movie i'd really drymountin enjoy!^
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:54 pm

Been waiting to see that for months.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
bmd1191
Art Expert

Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:59 pm

Boognish23 wrote:The Witch was amazing! Saw it at the Melbourne Film Festival on a large screen in a sold out theatre, one of the best horror movies I have seen in a long time, a true old school horror movie with no cheap scares.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQXmlf3Sefg

Highly recommended!! The trailer really doesn't give much away but does capture the extremely dark horror tone of the movie.
This looks drymounting amazing! Sucks we have to wait until 2016 though :(
fanboy
Art Expert

Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:37 am

Hell yeah! The Witch looks like a great movie. Can't wait!
ironjaiden wrote:I'm a whore so I'll draw whatever you want for a warm meal and a dirty hand job. Every artist is different.
inkedup
Art Expert

Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:44 am

Watched Wyrmwood lats night, not really scary at all but I still enjoyed it.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:18 am

I have seen hundreds and hundreds of horror movies. I realized the other day that I had never seen Return of the Living Dead :hanging: :hanging: :shock: :shock: Holy fudge that was amazing. I can't believe that this slipped through the cracks. I had always assumed I had seen it then it clicked that I hadn't. Easily one of my favorite zombie movies now.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:35 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:I have seen hundreds and hundreds of horror movies. I realized the other day that I had never seen Return of the Living Dead :hanging: :hanging: :shock: :shock: Holy fudge that was amazing. I can't believe that this slipped through the cracks. I had always assumed I had seen it then it clicked that I hadn't. Easily one of my favorite zombie movies now.
It was one of the first Horror films I remember watching, it is so much fun and has a great soundtrack too. Plus that ending!

I love behind the scenes/making of stuff, if you are interested watch the making of doc they put out. Really good.

They also have the making of the 2nd and 3rd one on YT too.

RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:39 pm

The boy is up :clap: :clap: Looking forward to watching it tonight
whiskaz
Art Expert

Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:13 pm

That one is below my IMDB threshold (ya, I know, it can't always be trusted). I'll wait to hear your thoughts.
inkedup
Art Expert

Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:20 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:The boy is up :clap: :clap: Looking forward to watching it tonight
Where can I watch it at?
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:17 am

inkedup wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:The boy is up :clap: :clap: Looking forward to watching it tonight
Where can I watch it at?
I use PTP.

It's a hard pass IMO. I was really looking forward to this but it is a drymounting chore to watch. I have no issue with slow burns but this movie crawled. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone and the payoff wasn't worth the 1:40 prior you have to endure
bryndavies
Art Expert

Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:04 am

fanboy wrote:Hell yeah! The Witch looks like a great movie. Can't wait!
ImageT.K.C.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:18 pm

saw The Gallows this weekend and it was god awful, I mean really drymounting bad, not scary and boring as fudge, thsankfully the movie is an 1hr & 20 mins so my misery didn't last too long..the found footage film genre really has got to go..it was good once (Blair Witch), and been pure fudge since..
ImageImageImageImageImageImage