The Official Horror Movie Thread

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
setitoff101
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:15 pm

FrankBooth wrote:
setitoff101 wrote:The Guest is now on Netflix. More of a thriller...but has a great October/Halloween vibe.
Bad marketing and completely undersold, really good flick and a damn good soundtrack.

Always recommend from last year, along with What We Do In The Shadows.
Yes. What We Do in the Shadows is so damn funny. So quotable.

The Guest was definitely undersold. Well put. I'm looking forward to what Wingard and Barrett are working on next. They make a good team. They have a new horror movie (college students on a camping trip who discover they are not alone) coming up, along with the I Saw the Devil remake. Excited for both, along with Wingard directing Death Note.
inkedup
Art Expert

Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:55 pm

Marble Hornets is painfully boring, so bad I just turned it off half way through.
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:11 pm

inkedup wrote:Marble Hornets is painfully boring, so bad I just turned it off half way through.
I liked parts of Marble Hornets, but the characters generally annoyed the fudge out of me, and I found it odd that the characters all seemed to only know/have contact with, like, three people. There are a couple good supercuts of the series online that are worth a watch.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:28 pm

bmerwinsuwc wrote:
inkedup wrote:Marble Hornets is painfully boring, so bad I just turned it off half way through.
I liked parts of Marble Hornets, but the characters generally annoyed the fudge out of me, and I found it odd that the characters all seemed to only know/have contact with, like, three people. There are a couple good supercuts of the series online that are worth a watch.
I'm 42 entries in. I don't think it's amazing but I'm entertained.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
bmd1191
Art Expert

Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:50 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
bmerwinsuwc wrote:
I'm 42 entries in. I don't think it's amazing but I'm entertained.
Yeah I remember binge watching a bunch of it years ago. Most of the clips are boring but there are a couple great ones.
whiskaz
Art Expert

Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:35 pm

Unfriended wasn't terrible. Novel approach to found footage and done pretty well. Not overly annoying.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:41 pm

whiskaz wrote:Unfriended wasn't terrible. Novel approach to found footage and done pretty well. Not overly annoying.
Watching this tonight. Didn't want to but I keep hearing the same you thing you just said. Going to
Give it a spin after all
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
inkedup
Art Expert

Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:11 pm

Finally watched "The Battery" on Hulu last night, pretty good flick, not really a horror movie but the acting was solid and I liked the writing.
andruw000
Art Expert

Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:37 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
whiskaz wrote:Unfriended wasn't terrible. Novel approach to found footage and done pretty well. Not overly annoying.
Watching this tonight. Didn't want to but I keep hearing the same you thing you just said. Going to
Give it a spin after all
watched this today. i agree, it's not too bad.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:42 pm

inkedup wrote:Finally watched "The Battery" on Hulu last night, pretty good flick, not really a horror movie but the acting was solid and I liked the writing.
Agreed. It's pretty great. Definitely recommend it
bmd1191
Art Expert

Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:58 pm

Some other recent ones i've seen:

Poltergeist (Remake) - Horrible. Actually fell asleep during the end.

Insidious Chapter 3 - Awesome. If you're a fan of the other two, this one is just as good. Not as many jump scares, but more of a creepy tone throughout.

Demonic (2015) - Caught this out of nowhere. Decent B-level horror flick. Sloppy acting, but the story kept me interested to see how it would all pan out.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:20 am

drymount this is cool, might have to tell my Uncle I'm coming in for a "visit".

http://ihorror.com/watch-john-carpenter ... as-filmed/
technique
Art Expert

Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:10 am

Watching it on the computer gives it added punch, but the deaths I thought were mostly laughable. I think The Den did this concept better with the skype killer stuff.
whiskaz
Art Expert

Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:28 am

technique wrote:
Watching it on the computer gives it added punch, but the deaths I thought were mostly laughable. I think The Den did this concept better with the skype killer stuff.
I still need to watch The Den.

drymounting kids deserved what they got, using OSX. :hanging:
andruw000
Art Expert

Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:11 am

just watched the gallows. it was crap.