The Official Horror Movie Thread

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:54 pm

I was gonna watch From The Dark tonight, but didn't feel like dedicating that much time to a movie because i need to go to bed. Instead, i went with an episode of Twilight Zone, which i haven't paid hardly any attention to haha.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
fanboy
Art Expert

Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:41 am

I've been doing that too from time to time when I want to kill 20 minutes. Twilight Zone or The Munsters.
ironjaiden wrote:I'm a whore so I'll draw whatever you want for a warm meal and a dirty hand job. Every artist is different.
inkedup
Art Expert

Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:46 am

I've been watching "The Outer Limits" on Hulu quite a bit, forgot how good that show is.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:11 am

fanboy wrote:I've been doing that too from time to time when I want to kill 20 minutes. Twilight Zone or The Munsters.
We watch the fudge out of some Munsters when we're gettin our Skip-Bo on. Or Uno lol.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
fanboy
Art Expert

Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:14 pm

inkedup wrote:I've been watching "The Outer Limits" on Hulu quite a bit, forgot how good that show is.
I'll have to check that out. I don't use my Hulu nearly enough.
ironjaiden wrote:I'm a whore so I'll draw whatever you want for a warm meal and a dirty hand job. Every artist is different.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:00 am

So i enjoyed Creep. Creeped me out. :door:
bmd1191
Art Expert

Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:06 am

Don't know if anyone on here is a fan of The Slender Man story/mythos. Just watched a movie called Always Watching: A Marble Hornets Story. The people who were affiliated with the Marble Hornets youtube channel that made slender man videos for years decided to make a movie. Anyway I just watched and thought it was pretty good. Typical found footage movie, but I let it slide cause cameras and the slender man are part of the mythos. Anyway just wanted to point this little flick out to anyone who may be interested.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:13 am

May have to check that out. Added it to my stupid long list lol.

Watched both "Teeth", and "From The Dark" last night.
Teeth was...... i wouldn't even consider it horror, just.....dumb. Although it had its funny moments (only because of how dumb it was).
From The Dark was pretty cool. This may be a spoiler, so i'll make it real small... (reminds me of a modern day Nosferatu, which is awesome) definitely recommend it.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:18 am

Teeth is drymounting great. You're nuts dude. VAGINA DENTATA!!!!
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:27 am

I gave it 4 stars on the Flix because it made me laugh. I had a hard time tryin to figure out what era it was supposed to be set in lol.
setitoff101
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:36 am

The Guest is now on Netflix. More of a thriller...but has a great October/Halloween vibe.
setitoff101
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:41 am

Mark Duplass makes such a good creep...in Creep. I'm not sure if this was intentional, but it's almost as if he was mocking how easy it is to make a found footage horror movie. I didn't think this movie was anything amazing, but I guess it accomplished it's goal: jump scares, Duplass being a real weirdo, and a shocking (maybe?) ending.
bmd1191
Art Expert

Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:46 am

Area 51 was a terrible snoozefest. Directed by Oren Peli, this was his sophomore directing with his only other film being the original Paranormal Activity back in 07. Wasn't even remotely as good.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:00 pm

setitoff101 wrote:The Guest is now on Netflix. More of a thriller...but has a great October/Halloween vibe.
Bad marketing and completely undersold, really good flick and a damn good soundtrack.

Always recommend from last year, along with What We Do In The Shadows.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:01 pm

Started Marble Hornets last night. Not too bad
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.