The Official Horror Movie Thread

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
whiskaz
Art Expert

Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:13 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
bmerwinsuwc wrote:Has anyone seen the documentary "The Nightmare" yet? I've heard really mixed things; some folks are calling it the scariest movie of the year while a few reviews I've read were scathing.
Love the idea but once I found out it was room 237 guy, my expectations for the film plummeted
It sounds like a made-for-tv special w/ the re-enactments etc.

I "suffer" from sleep paralysis. It's freakin' weird and until you learn to deal with it (e.g. relax and realize what's happening) it's indeed pretty terrifying. It typically happens when I've stayed up extremely late and I'm exhausted. I think I've experienced it since I was around 11/12, though I had no clue what I was experiencing until I was in my late teens. I was listening to Coast to Coast AM w/ Art Bell one night and they talked about it. Oddly enough, listening to Coast to Coast while I was going to bed actually triggered an episode once, before it was a topic on the show haha...
spankman
Art Expert

Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:09 pm

I picked up Spring last week (I just couldn't pass it up at 9.99) I watched it last night and I thought it was really good. Although I wish it would of had a little bit more horror sprinkled in and it felt a bit wonky towards the end. Spoilerish- A bit disappointed with the ending at first but that changed fast. The more I think about it the more I love it.
"I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard.” Mike Tyson
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:01 pm

Watched "Hayride" and "Hayride 2" last night.
"Hayride" would have worked better as a short, but had a couple good moments. "Hayride 2" (on Netflix streaming) was nothing spectacular, but decent. Having the sequel take place largely in a hospital and immediately follow the first gave the film a nice "Halloween" vibe. The plot development I thought would happen in the first film actually happened in the second act of the sequel. I recommend the sequel… should you have 90 minutes to kill and appreciate the slasher subgenre.
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:00 am

"The Coven" literally put me to sleep.
I know "Spring" isn't much of a horror movie, but it's wildly overrated nonetheless (though not terrible… just disappointing).
fanboy
Art Expert

Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:04 am

I watched We Are Still Here last night. I enjoyed it. Good old school horror and some great characters.
ironjaiden wrote:I'm a whore so I'll draw whatever you want for a warm meal and a dirty hand job. Every artist is different.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:04 am

fanboy wrote:I watched We Are Still Here last night. I enjoyed it. Good old school horror and some great characters.
I watched it last night too. I don't know that it completely lived up to the hype it's been receiving but it's pretty got damn fun. I highly recommend it. There were a few issues I had but I'm sure most here haven't seen it so I'll wait to give my .02

Bmerwin, I actually really enjoyed spring. Might have had to do with relatively low expectations since I wasn't as crazy about resolution as everyone else seemed to be.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
setitoff101
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:17 pm

fanboy wrote:I watched We Are Still Here last night. I enjoyed it. Good old school horror and some great characters.
Watched this the other night. Fun for a one time watch. I enjoyed the old school look/feel of it, but man, it was short. I felt like it was over before anything really happened. Still fun though.
fanboy
Art Expert

Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:18 pm

Did anybody else go see Jaws in theaters last night?

I went and it was awesome! Seeing it on a big screen is definitely the way to go. It was a lot of fun and the theater was pretty full. It's playing again on Wednesday if you missed out yesterday.
ironjaiden wrote:I'm a whore so I'll draw whatever you want for a warm meal and a dirty hand job. Every artist is different.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:31 pm

Watched let us prey last night. That was a lot of fun :shock:
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:57 pm

fanboy wrote:Did anybody else go see Jaws in theaters last night?

I went and it was awesome! Seeing it on a big screen is definitely the way to go. It was a lot of fun and the theater was pretty full. It's playing again on Wednesday if you missed out yesterday.
I did, and it was drymountin great! I was shocked though, there was maybe 15 people in the theater. Then again, i guess i can't be too surprised because 1--when i went to buy the tickets 7 hours early (thought it'd sell out), the ticket dude wasn't even aware that they were showing it lol. And then 2--the guy that takes your tickets and directs you to the particular theater didn't know it was showing either. Ended up watchin it in a theater labeled for Avengers. Was drymountin $13 though! For a standard screening too! Worth it though, because it's posterkiller JAWS.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
whiskaz
Art Expert

Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:52 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:Watched let us prey last night. That was a lot of fun :shock:
Eh.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:12 am

So Leprechaun Origins was just plain sad.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:38 am

whiskaz wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:Watched let us prey last night. That was a lot of fun :shock:
Eh.
Eh yourself :P

I liked it. It wasn't zomg incredible but I enjoyed the fudge out of it.

About to watch Creep. It looks....interesting.http://letterboxd.com/film/creep-2014/
Watch it. I drymounting LOVED it
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:18 pm

Anyone else participating in the free beta version of shudder? It's supposed to be the Netflix of horror… except the selection sucks and it seems like a waste, even for a mere $5 a month. I love the idea, but I think even a casual horror fan would have a significantly bigger (and better) selection of titles.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:03 pm

UrsusMorris wrote:So Leprechaun Origins was just plain sad.
What's even sadder, is the 12 minutes of credits for such a bad movie :lol: