The Official Horror Movie Thread

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Wed May 27, 2015 9:13 pm

Really really enjoyed Shrews Nest. No clue how I hadn't heard of it sooner. Definitely recommend it. It all feels familiar but it is so well done that it doesn't even matter.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
setitoff101
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 28, 2015 9:35 am

RambosRemodeler wrote:Really really enjoyed Shrews Nest. No clue how I hadn't heard of it sooner. Definitely recommend it. It all feels familiar but it is so well done that it doesn't even matter.
Ooooo, is this out already? I saw it last year at a fest and would watch it again. I agree on the "feels familiar" part. It reminded me of a made for tv movie, but better. Loved the muted tones and overall look of the film, and both leads were very good.
setitoff101
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 28, 2015 9:39 am

UrsusMorris wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:drymount yes Zombeavers is on netflix :pint:
I hope it's not too lame lol.
Watched this the other night. I didn't care for it. I appreciate the effort, but it was cringe worthy on so many levels. The only redeeming part was the end. You'll know when you see it.
setitoff101
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 28, 2015 9:47 am

fanboy wrote:I watched Late Phases last night. I thought it was a pretty good werewolf movie and had some decent acting. I wasn't too keen on the werewolf look, but it wasn't a deal breaker.
Same. I went in with low expectations, and thought it was a good one time watch werewolf movie. The werewolves looked goofy, but at the point when they actual showed them in full, the acting/set up was super cheesy too, so it didn't bother me too much. I thought they looked like french bulldogs though. :eh:
xbrc
Art Expert

Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:21 pm

Watched American Mary last night... it was okay.

Wondering if anyone knows who did the painting on the wall in the rapist's bedroom? fudge's ominous.

Image Image
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:04 am

I drymountin loved American Mary. A lot.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:48 am

UrsusMorris wrote:I drymounting love Katharine Isabelle. A lot.

drymounting pumped to finally watch We Are Still Here tonight :pint:
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:13 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
UrsusMorris wrote:I drymounting love Katharine Isabelle. A lot.

drymounting pumped to finally watch We Are Still Here tonight :pint:
I think you'll dig it. Parts were shot around Syracuse, NY, so I was able to see it back in May. I didn't like the trailer, but I enjoyed it; good little old school horror flick.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:26 pm

Never heard of it. Add it to my list!
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
whiskaz
Art Expert

Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:54 am

Finally watched It Follows. It was good, if repetitive. I wouldn't say it blew my mind but I wasn't disappointed either.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:59 am

Still need to get on that one.

Pet Sematary 2 is still pretty gnarly. Haven't seen it since my childhood days.
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:45 am

Has anyone seen the documentary "The Nightmare" yet? I've heard really mixed things; some folks are calling it the scariest movie of the year while a few reviews I've read were scathing.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:28 am

Never even heard of it.
technique
Art Expert

Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:59 am

bmerwinsuwc wrote:Has anyone seen the documentary "The Nightmare" yet? I've heard really mixed things; some folks are calling it the scariest movie of the year while a few reviews I've read were scathing.
I watched it last night and was very disappointed. The interviews actually ruin the movie instead of helping it and the recreations of the sleep paralysis nightmares aren't really that effective either.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:35 am

bmerwinsuwc wrote:Has anyone seen the documentary "The Nightmare" yet? I've heard really mixed things; some folks are calling it the scariest movie of the year while a few reviews I've read were scathing.
Love the idea but once I found out it was room 237 guy, my expectations for the film plummeted