The Official Horror Movie Thread

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
caseyg1986
Art Connoisseur

Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:02 am

RambosRemodeler wrote:Raw is finally on Netflix. I'm assuming a ton of you haven't seen it. It's certainly not for everyone but it's worth watching. I personally think it's one of the 3 best horror films of the year.
I agree with that 100%. I loved it.
mliddell
Art Expert

Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:14 pm

It's pretty raw.

I watched all the Tremor films watching the newest one later. I actually had only seen part 1. I find them fun and loveable.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:39 pm

bmerwinsuwc wrote:Tarantino horror night:
Just watched Grindhouse: Death Proof and Planet Terror.
Finishing the evening with From Dusk Til Dawn.
Also, I wish Tarantino would make another horror film; I remember so many folks HATING Death Proof when it came out, but I now greatly prefer it to Planet Terror. Though nothing touches FTtD, for me. Perennially in my top 10 horror films of all time… or at least one of the 10 I've watched the most.

I agree. I always preferred DEATH PROOF to PLANET TERROR (but that could just be my Tarantino bias talking). GRINDHOUSE as a whole was such a fun movie experience with the fake trailers in between. Loved it!
Irishman12
Art Expert

Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:40 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:Raw is finally on Netflix. I'm assuming a ton of you haven't seen it. It's certainly not for everyone but it's worth watching. I personally think it's one of the 3 best horror films of the year.
Awesome. Thanks for the heads up! It’s on my list as is HOUNDS OF LOVE. I’ll definitely be checking out RAW
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:43 pm

Irishman12 wrote:
Awesome. Thanks for the heads up! It’s on my list as is HOUNDS OF LOVE. I’ll definitely be checking out RAW
Hounds of love is a tough watch at times but the performance from the lead woman villain is incredible. It's a pretty good movie and based on a true story.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
mliddell
Art Expert

Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:30 am

Saw some newer horror films. Gerald's Game on Netflix. Thought it was good. The ending almost becomes another movie but I guess they stuck to the book (I did not read the book).

And a Christmas time messed up kids double feature: Super Dark Times and Better Watch Out. Both decent.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:37 am

I was able to view HOUNDS OF LOVE yesterday and I liked it. Chilling at times. I appreciated the director's use of slow motion at times. Great performances throughout. Good recommendation! Just need to see RAW now.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:42 am

mliddell wrote:Saw some newer horror films. Gerald's Game on Netflix. Thought it was good. The ending almost becomes another movie but I guess they stuck to the book (I did not read the book).

And a Christmas time messed up kids double feature: Super Dark Times and Better Watch Out. Both decent.
watched Gerald's Game late last week...solid thriller
and looking forward to Better Watch Out...looks like a pretty twisted horror com
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:18 pm

Got to see an advance screening of "Happy Death Day" tonight.
It was… not good. At all. It combined the worst elements of a romantic comedy with a tepid slasher.
Then again, the audience of 19 to 22 years old that comprised the other 99% of the audience loved it… so what do I know?
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:37 am

Finally saw the Poughkeepsie Tapes last night and was thoroughly underwhelmed. As a fan of true crime TV shows, I appreciated the setup and some of the things the film was trying to do, but I was expecting so much more. I'd definitely be interested to hear what other folks thought.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:12 am

caseyg1986 wrote:I finally got around to watching Fright Night for first time. I loved it! Evil Ed might be my favorite 80's side character ever, and those practical effects were so fun. I really wish Tom Holland directed more during his horror heyday.
Showed this to my kids this weekend . . . they liked it, but thought it was slow. I remember loving it when I was their age but different generations and all that.

The practical effects are great, and Evil Ed has always been a standout character!

Plan on watching Gerald's Game this weekend.

Rambo - is Phantom of the Paradise streaming? Saw that on your list . . . haven't seen it in years.
rubberneck
Art God

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:19 am

Needs to be posted here as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
jlabbate
Art Freak

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:26 am

rubberneck wrote:
Needs to be posted here as well.
very atmospheric, but it can't touch the OG
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
fanboy
Art Expert

Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:37 am

I think parts of the Reznor version are good and some parts not so much. Just leave that to Carpenter.
ironjaiden wrote:I'm a whore so I'll draw whatever you want for a warm meal and a dirty hand job. Every artist is different.
rubberneck
Art God

Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:55 am

Rearranged for orchestra. Not bad...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"