The Official Horror Movie Thread

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
michaelmillichamp
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:47 pm

Hadn't seen the Neon Demon one. Real nice.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:23 pm

frykitty wrote:came across this artist, Steelberg, who makes retro VHS cases for new movies.. pretty cool.. makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside

Those are fantastic! :notworthy:
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:39 pm

Love those. Those look awesome.

Watched quite a few horror flicks over the last week or so.

Fragile 1/5 - I should have known not to watch anything with Calista Flockart BUT it was helmed by the dude who did Sleep Tight and Rec 1,2,4. (Prime)
Lake Bodom 3/5
Scream (rewatch) 4.5/5 - Still holds up. One of my favorite slashers of all time.
Zygote (short) 3.5/5 - It was basically the thing but the monster design is incredible and its a fun short. (Youtube)
Inner Demon 2/5 - Started off fine but that 3rd act :lol: :lol: :lol: It went completely off the rails and not in a good way. It morphed into a completely different movie and ruined the first hour. (Amazon Prime)
Hell House LLC 4/5 - Looked generic and I am burned out on FF movies but I gave it a shot anyway. I am glad I did. It doesn't bring anything new to the table but it is a lot of fun. There's quite a few creepy moments and it scared the fudge out of my wife. I completely disagree with bmerin on this one. I do agree that the actions by the characters were drymounting ridiculous. Almost everything they did makes you say wtf BUT i still liked it quite a bit.
Killing Ground 3.5/5 - The aussies are really good at making these kinds of movies. The brutal hits just keep coming.
Tonight She Comes (I don't know how to rate this) - This movie is something. I'm still not even sure I liked it but it's something

I'd like to knock out sweet sweet lonely girl and prevenge this week.
Last edited by RambosRemodeler on Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
AaronBKoontz
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:00 pm

Shameless plug of my film:

Camera Obscura

http://www.cameraobscurafilm.com/where-to-watch
I hate to sound condescending... which means to talk down to you by the way.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:44 pm

Anyone seen "killing ground?"
ImageT.K.C.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:47 pm

bryndavies wrote:Anyone seen "killing ground?"

Just finished it like 10 minutes ago. Not bad at all. Nothing new but a well made Aussie thriller
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:36 am

RambosRemodeler wrote:
bryndavies wrote:Anyone seen "killing ground?"

Just finished it like 10 minutes ago. Not bad at all. Nothing new but a well made Aussie thriller

Nice. Was wondering if it did anything extra/new, and was sinplybjust well made.
ImageT.K.C.
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:12 pm

I hate the month of August, so I've been looking toward the fall.
I also love movies about haunted houses (like, haunted attractions), and there's a dearth of them streaming right now.
"The American Scream" is still the gold standard in this genre for me; I absolutely love the people chronicled in the doc (even when they're annoying), and the story being told is surprisingly touching. As someone who has worked at haunted attractions and would love to run one, this doc always puts me in the mood for fall.

"Monsters Wanted" is a fun, if sometimes plodding, watch. It's OK, but there's not much there. Likewise, "Haunters" is decent, but nothing great unless you're decidedly down with the haunted house/attraction doc genre.
apalma27
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:44 pm

wottagunn wrote:Keen to watch a bunch of horror movies with the missus. Can anyone save me time looking through the thread, and just suggest a bunch of good ones from the last year or two?
Cheers!
Babadook
Boognish23
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:50 am

Wondering if anyone has seen The Endless? Getting some good reviews online, playing at the Melbourne Film Festival over here, looking forward to checking it out as well as The Void.
mliddell
Art Expert

Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:58 pm

apalma27 wrote:
wottagunn wrote:Keen to watch a bunch of horror movies with the missus. Can anyone save me time looking through the thread, and just suggest a bunch of good ones from the last year or two?
Cheers!
Babadook
Agree Babadook.
The Battery (And the making of)
A Dark Song
Prevenge
Raw
The Witch
Under the Shadow
Antibirth (got some real negative reviews but I loved it, thought it was fun)
It Follows
What we do in the Shadows (horror comedy)
The Harvest
Buzzard
fanboy
Art Expert

Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:10 am

Last weekend I had the house to myself for 2 days. I worked on my masks and watched a pile of movies. Some new, some old. Some great, some not so much.

One of them was The House on Willow Street and it had a trailer for Beyond the Gates. Which I found on Netflix. It's about two brothers that find a VCR board game in their dad's video store office. I really enjoyed it. Good 80's vibe. I've read mixed reviews, but if you're an 80's kid, I think you'll enjoy it.
ironjaiden wrote:I'm a whore so I'll draw whatever you want for a warm meal and a dirty hand job. Every artist is different.
apalma27
Art Connoisseur

Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:28 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:I want to start a running thread about great horror films that you have watched and want to share with the rest of the community. I know the genre has been in the toilet especially for the past couple of years but there are still some gems out there new and old. I will get this thing going.

My wife and I watched Sleep Tight this last night. Really good movie. More like if a thriller than a horror flick. I didn't realize it was a foreign flick until the subtitles. But, the plot became interesting quickly and the subtitles didn't bother me.
fanboy
Art Expert

Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:55 am

I finished up Black Room on Netflix last night. Man, I'm easy to please but this was garbage. Horny incubus haunts Natasha Henstridge and her husband. Sounds like it would be good, right? Nope.
ironjaiden wrote:I'm a whore so I'll draw whatever you want for a warm meal and a dirty hand job. Every artist is different.
caseyg1986
Art Connoisseur

Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:01 am