The Official Horror Movie Thread

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:07 am

fanboy wrote:I also thought 31 was pretty bad. Rob does have a great eye for film, but his stories lack any substance for me. They're all rampage and murder. I don't give 2 shits about any of his characters. 31 was actually pretty insulting to horror fans. I went to see it when it was in theaters for the one night special showing last month. He had an interview at the end where he said he could literally think of the dumbest thing he could think of and it would get made before Broad Street Bullies. And he pitched 31 on the phone with someone. Thanks for taking it seriously Rob.

Really? I remember hearing something about the likeness rights and use of names could be an issue. Is that the case of why it's getting held up?
fanboy
Art Expert

Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:51 am

He didn't go into detail on why Broad Street was in limbo.
ironjaiden wrote:I'm a whore so I'll draw whatever you want for a warm meal and a dirty hand job. Every artist is different.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:55 am

fanboy wrote:He didn't go into detail on why Broad Street was in limbo.
I had to go look up the article I read last year and this is from a year ago via KYW:

"The problem is when you don’t control the material. When it’s an original story that I wrote I can control everything. I don’t have to answer to anybody. But something like the Philadelphia Flyers, Broad Street Bullies, something that’s a true story pre-existing thing there’s so much more protocol you have to go through of getting people to ok things and different steps that just really slow down the process. I work on the movie for about two years.

You know developing the script, and going back and forth with the Flyers, all kinds of different things. It was just one of those things after two years I felt like we had barely…In most cases the movie would be done by that point, but in that case of the ‘Broad Street Bullies’ it felt like it hadn’t progressed like an inch. I felt like, god this is gonna take another five years of non-stop pushing to maybe get this movie made. So that’s when I was like, I got to go do something else. I’ll lose my mind if I devote five or seven years to something that doesn’t happen."

"It’s not necessarily because it’s a sports team, it’s just because it’s anything" he explains. "Everything has to be ok’d, and I understand that because it’s the Flyers and they to protect their team and their franchise and the NHL. Everyone in the movie is an actual person so you need the rights. We didn’t even get to the point where like, they’re playing the Penguins. You have to get the rights to have the Penguins in the movie. It’s really a complicated thing. It was taking forever and there was no guarantee it was even going to work.

"We may go back to it one day, but it just hit a wall."

Bummer.... no updates since then. Now that I think about it, imagine the Flyers, other team, the NHL, etc. signing off on a Rob Zombie movie about a bunch of dudes who are already known as savages, haha. I don't think this will happen unfortunately.
fanboy
Art Expert

Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:38 pm

Yeah, that's gotta be frustrating. I would have really liked to see Broad Street. I wonder if something similar is what stalled Kevin Smith's hockey movie, Hit Somebody?
ironjaiden wrote:I'm a whore so I'll draw whatever you want for a warm meal and a dirty hand job. Every artist is different.
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:48 pm

Holy fudge "The Darkness" was a nearly unwatchable piece of garbage. It was a poor man's "Poltergeist"… with Kevin Bacon.
Also decided to watch the first three "Paranormal Activity" movies since the lady had never seen them. I think the real takeaway from those flicks is that shitty assholes in suburban McMansions deserve to die.
schmoff
Art Expert

Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:15 am

watched The Decent friday night, thought it was going to be better :(
rubberneck
Art God

Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:23 am

schmoff wrote:watched The Decent friday night, thought it was going to be better :(
Assume you mean The Descent. I think the first half is stronger with the dread and slow build and claustrophobia and the initial 'reveal' of the creatures.

Second half is a death by numbers approach. Although I do also love the original UK ending over the edited US version. Still not watched the sequel despite having some returning characters and direct pick up of story. Looks like a direct schlock fest on a lesser budget.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
schmoff
Art Expert

Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:33 am

rubberneck wrote:
schmoff wrote:watched The Decent friday night, thought it was going to be better :(
Assume you mean The Descent. I think the first half is stronger with the dread and slow build and claustrophobia and the initial 'reveal' of the creatures.

Second half is a death by numbers approach. Although I do also love the original UK ending over the edited US version. Still not watched the sequel despite having some returning characters and direct pick up of story. Looks like a direct schlock fest on a lesser budget.
yea, first half was much better, not sure what ending i saw but i did like it

spoiler (she was still in cave at end)
andruw000
Art Expert

Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:59 pm

let us prey was pretty solid.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:51 pm

Lights out was pretty good. Also, I watched both Conuring movies this weekend and damn, they are awesome.
schmoff
Art Expert

Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:00 am

watched 1943 phantom of the opera, i actually wanted to watch the 1925 version :(
jlabbate
Art Freak

Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:38 pm

Don't Breathe was a decent home invasion film..a few solid scares and plot twists..definitely worth a rental
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
bluebirdsong
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:31 pm

Who else seeing the new oujia movie this weekend? I know it's already gonna be horrible, but will it stop me from going? I think not.
toobs
Art Expert

Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:15 pm

finally saw the Conjuring, it was good, thought it would be scarier, i guess the only thing that scares a 35 year old man these days is taxes and hearing the words I'm pregnant when it wasn't planned :wink:
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:21 pm

What about a spider?