The Official Horror Movie Thread

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Thu May 19, 2016 1:25 pm

whiskaz wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:Well... That was a waste of an hour and a half. That movie stunk.
Saw that coming.
Me too :P
My post from yesterday was trying to prep him, I thought I could, but it's not for everyone. Personally I really liked it a lot. Most people in the theaters I saw it in did not.
lilorphanFunkhouser
Art Expert

Thu May 19, 2016 5:35 pm

63schoeffling wrote: why when they were being attacked at the end was the movie showing almost fuzzy lines? If you know what I mean...
because satan?
アキラImage
"Gkohler"-it only takes 1 idiot to throw that much cash at something for it to instantly be "worth" that much.
"Celsius"- Welcome to Expressobeans, bitch.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Thu May 19, 2016 6:00 pm

lilorphanFunkhouser wrote:
63schoeffling wrote: why when they were being attacked at the end was the movie showing almost fuzzy lines? If you know what I mean...
because satan?
I could be wrong but I thought it also got blurry when the wife attacked her right after the dad got trashed. I could have just missed something like I said, but I couldn't figure it out at first watch.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Thu May 19, 2016 9:26 pm

63schoeffling wrote:
lilorphanFunkhouser wrote:
because satan?
I could be wrong but I thought it also got blurry when the wife attacked her right after the dad got trashed. I could have just missed something like I said, but I couldn't figure it out at first watch.
You must have Comcast.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Fri May 20, 2016 8:18 am

Ayoo! I'm a Fios man and it's ironic because here in Comcast country I feel like everyone does, too. I just hope nothing craps out on me while these people are still striking around all over town. Comcast blows.

But was it just me or did they show up when the wife attacked her?
jlabbate
Art Freak

Tue May 24, 2016 1:01 pm

new Halloween on the way w/ JC producing and doing the score , and Mike Flanagan (Hush) to possibly direct
http://bloody-disgusting.com/exclusives ... exclusive/
not overly excited for this as we haven't a great Myers Halloween since the original(yup..not a fan of the sequels or hack Zombie Remakes/Reimagings)
but if they are gonna do another Halloween, might as well have Carpenter involved
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
whiskaz
Art Expert

Tue May 24, 2016 1:13 pm

I agree. I won't hold out much hope but...

Also, I never thought I'd say this but... a couple of Halloweens ago, I rewatched Rob Zombie's Halloween 2. The DC. Middle of the night, headphones... the first 10 minutes are pretty solid, edge-of-your-seat stuff. All downhill from there. The first movie has no redeeming qualities though.
bmd1191
Art Expert

Tue May 24, 2016 7:56 pm

I'm excited for the reboot/sequel with JC on board. I love some of the sequels to the original Halloween. I watch 1,2, & 4 every Halloween.

Also as the continuing trend of me liking things everyone hates in this thread, I actually liked Zombies Halloween. I loved the backstory half of the movie and thought the second half was brutal as hell. I saw RZ Halloween II in theaters and hated it. Haven't watched it since. Maybe I should revisit it one day.
whiskaz
Art Expert

Wed May 25, 2016 7:52 am

bmd1191 wrote:I'm excited for the reboot/sequel with JC on board. I love some of the sequels to the original Halloween. I watch 1,2, & 4 every Halloween.

Also as the continuing trend of me liking things everyone hates in this thread, I actually liked Zombies Halloween. I loved the backstory half of the movie and thought the second half was brutal as hell. I saw RZ Halloween II in theaters and hated it. Haven't watched it since. Maybe I should revisit it one day.
Yea, I didn't care for the backstory or the 30 minute rehash of the original that came at the end. I'm not a big fan of Zombie's redneck shtick or the dialogue he writes either. That said, if you liked the first movie, definitely checkout the H2 director's cut. I'm pretty sure I watched the theatrical version the first time around (because I hate myself). It was awful, worse than the first. Gave the DC a spin several years later and was pleasantly surprised. It's still not a very good movie, but it was OK, especially those first 10 minutes.
bmd1191
Art Expert

Wed May 25, 2016 2:38 pm

whiskaz wrote:
bmd1191 wrote:I'm excited for the reboot/sequel with JC on board. I love some of the sequels to the original Halloween. I watch 1,2, & 4 every Halloween.

Yea, I didn't care for the backstory or the 30 minute rehash of the original that came at the end. I'm not a big fan of Zombie's redneck shtick or the dialogue he writes either. That said, if you liked the first movie, definitely checkout the H2 director's cut. I'm pretty sure I watched the theatrical version the first time around (because I hate myself). It was awful, worse than the first. Gave the DC a spin several years later and was pleasantly surprised. It's still not a very good movie, but it was OK, especially those first 10 minutes.
Yeah, I've never seen the director's cut. Might have to watch it soon.
andruw000
Art Expert

Thu May 26, 2016 12:46 pm

just watched an indie horror/comedy called crush the skull. pretty good stuff -- well worth a watch.
Gandhi
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 26, 2016 1:02 pm

Not a horror movie but watched the first episode of Outcast and it was pretty good. Adam Wingard directed the first episode. Excited to see where this show goes, could be awesome. The score is great!
DaleCooper
Art Expert

Fri May 27, 2016 6:54 am

Yeah they really nailed the vibe of the comic and I thought the casting was great.
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Tue May 31, 2016 2:54 pm

Finally catching up on a few things:

The Witch was atmospheric and uncomfortable; I'd have like a little more "horror," but life itself during that period was pretty horrific. The film was also beautiful and well made, but probably not anything I'll be compelled to re-watch many more times.

Thought Southbound had some cool moments but generally mediocre. It's entirely possible I missed something, but it perpetually felt like the second act of a better movie; overall it felt like I was missing some setup and some payoff. There were moments I loved, and some great gore at points, but the story felt lacking (and I love horror with vagueness and unanswered questions).

Also started watching the series "Slasher" on Netflix. Not entirely awful, but thoroughly unimpressed thus far.
sixstringer
Art Expert

Tue May 31, 2016 3:12 pm

Finally caught "The Witch." Easily the best horror film I've seen in years. I haven't been this geeked about a horror flick since "Let the Right One In."