The Official Horror Movie Thread

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
whiskaz
Art Expert

Tue May 10, 2016 2:32 am

Enjoyed the Witch. Had no expectations going in (avoided trailers, etc). Creepy stuff. Full of dread and tension start to finish, imo.

Black Phillip! Black Phillip!
fanboy
Art Expert

Tue May 10, 2016 10:26 am

I still need to see The VVitch. My girl can handle a lot of horror, but she didn't want to go see that in the theater. I'm happy to hear so many positive reviews.

I haven't watched too much horror lately. But I have re-started American Horror Story S1 while working.
ironjaiden wrote:I'm a whore so I'll draw whatever you want for a warm meal and a dirty hand job. Every artist is different.
inkedup
Art Expert

Tue May 10, 2016 1:12 pm

Watched "Howl" on Hulu. Pretty entertaining movie, worth a watch if you like werewolf movies.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Tue May 10, 2016 1:14 pm

inkedup wrote:Watched "Howl" on Hulu. Pretty entertaining movie, worth a watch if you like werewolf movies.
Yep.

So bite was terrible. No surprise there. The boy was also terrible. Also no surprise.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
whiskaz
Art Expert

Tue May 10, 2016 1:27 pm

The Boy was entertaining enough. Nothing to write home about, however.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Tue May 10, 2016 1:35 pm

Troll 2 is the shittiest horror movie of all time.

Whiskaz : " Eh it isn't quite the goat but it is definitely in the running "

Halloween is my favorite horror movie of all time and one of the greatest slashers ever made.

Whiskaz : " Not really. It is pretty overrated and I don't understand the love that movie gets. "
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Tue May 10, 2016 4:27 pm

The VVitch was totally underwhelming, but it's stuck with me. The tone and idea of it are better than the execution, I think. And the overacting really took me out of it. The scene with the son screaming and panting, the mother's ridiculous melancholy temper tantrums, the dad trying really hard to be worthless... made me uncomfortable, but not in the way the filmmakers intended. I'll probably give it a late-night-alone re-watch and see if it fares better the second time.
whiskaz
Art Expert

Tue May 10, 2016 4:36 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:Troll 2 is the shittiest horror movie of all time.

Whiskaz : " Eh it isn't quite the goat but it is definitely in the running "

Halloween is my favorite horror movie of all time and one of the greatest slashers ever made.

Whiskaz : " Not really. It is pretty overrated and I don't understand the love that movie gets. "
That's hilarious. I actually agree with you re: Halloween. Not overrated at all! Just saying, yea, the Boy mostly sucked, but you could do a lot worse. I expected Maggie from TWD to be a really terrible actress in it. She was only half-terrible.

My buddy hated the Witch. I think it's pretty polarizing. I watched it in the middle of the night w/ headphones on. I might have dozed off a couple of times but... that's a given for me. I liked it. The damn scene w/the crow and the mom... argh.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Tue May 10, 2016 4:57 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:The VVitch was totally underwhelming, but it's stuck with me. The tone and idea of it are better than the execution, I think. And the overacting really took me out of it. The scene with the son screaming and panting, the mother's ridiculous melancholy temper tantrums, the dad trying really hard to be worthless... made me uncomfortable, but not in the way the filmmakers intended. I'll probably give it a late-night-alone re-watch and see if it fares better the second time.
Funny how films can strike completely opposite strings with folks. Thought the scene with the boy screaming and panting was great. I saw the movie twice in theaters, the second time I REALLY loved it.
andruw000
Art Expert

Tue May 10, 2016 7:51 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
inkedup wrote:Watched "Howl" on Hulu. Pretty entertaining movie, worth a watch if you like werewolf movies.
Yep.

So bite was terrible. No surprise there. The boy was also terrible. Also no surprise.
i had been looking forward to this one, so i gave it a shot despite your warning. i somehow lasted 17 minutes - it's pretty much unwatchable.
Count
Art Expert

Tue May 10, 2016 8:14 pm

Watched Hush over the weekend and enjoyed it. Nothing groundbreaking here, but a good way to spend 80+ mins. Reminded me of the opening scene in the first Scream.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Wed May 11, 2016 1:33 am

The Boy was pretty bad. And what a waste of Maggie and Earl Kalf.
Did you notice her pajamas were sexier in her dream? :lol:
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Fri May 13, 2016 5:41 pm

Need to watch Howl!

Also, Nilbog lol
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
bmd1191
Art Expert

Fri May 13, 2016 9:38 pm

Damn I guess i'm in the minority for liking The Boy. I guess I just liked it cause it wasn't some supernatural bullshit like Annabelle.
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Mon May 16, 2016 12:18 pm

The "Scream" TV show is now streaming on Netflix. About halfway through; nothing special, and there are definite limitations to the show being on television, but not nearly as unwatchable as I thought it'd be.