The Official Horror Movie Thread

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:51 am

The OST is killer. Been listening to it non-stop since yesterday.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:53 am

dweebofthedead wrote:The OST is killer. Been listening to it non-stop since yesterday.
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssss. Coming on vinyl soon I read from Milan
bmd1191
Art Expert

Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:45 pm

Just got back from The Witch:

Overall I liked it. The movie had some serious tension throughout the whole thing, which I liked. As everyone else said, the score and acting were both phenomenal. The pacing seemed fine to me and the whole movie flew by. I actually liked the way it ended and was worried it was gonna end in something way dumber. All in all, i'm just glad to have another great addition to the horror genre. This is a unique type of film that we need more of in the genre.

tl;dr: 7/10...not the greatest horror movie ever, but an entertaining tense horror movie.

Also: The people behind me said this right after the credits rolled "There's 2 hours we will never get back. That was horrible."
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:32 pm

The last couple weeks I've been on an animal attack binge. Started with Jaws, then Orca, Rogue, Lake Placid, Anaconda, Ghost and the Darkness, Deep Blue Sea, the Pirahna remake, and The Edge. Still to go are The Grey, Prey, Congo, 8 Legged Freaks... I know there are some I've forgotten. Anybody have suggestions? Obviously I'm not too picky lol.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:54 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:The last couple weeks I've been on an animal attack binge. Started with Jaws, then Orca, Rogue, Lake Placid, Anaconda, Ghost and the Darkness, Deep Blue Sea, the Pirahna remake, and The Edge. Still to go are The Grey, Prey, Congo, 8 Legged Freaks... I know there are some I've forgotten. Anybody have suggestions? Obviously I'm not too picky lol.
Dude, watch The Reef! It's so realistic, you can actually feel their fear. Loooooove that movie!
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:27 am

Thanks Ursus, added to the list. Tonight we watched Green Inferno, which was decent but not nearly as brutal as expected. It's got me itching to track down Cannibal Holocaust. I feel dirty, but I've never seen it and I'm curious.
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:12 am

The Witch was really well done. Very impressive for a first time writer-director.
pencilfightchamp
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:21 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:The last couple weeks I've been on an animal attack binge. Started with Jaws, then Orca, Rogue, Lake Placid, Anaconda, Ghost and the Darkness, Deep Blue Sea, the Pirahna remake, and The Edge. Still to go are The Grey, Prey, Congo, 8 Legged Freaks... I know there are some I've forgotten. Anybody have suggestions? Obviously I'm not too picky lol.
Backcountry is worth checking out.
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:24 pm

pencilfightchamp wrote:
Backcountry is worth checking out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:28 pm

I almost watched Backcountry last night, but passed cuz it looked like it might depend on the couple's stupidity more than the bear's ferocity. Perhaps I'll give it a second thought.
Can't find a place to rent The Reef, Ursus. Is it worth a $13 download?
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:32 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:50 pm

Sweet, I love a good croc flick. I must have missed Black Water because it released the same year as Rogue. Thanks guys, that's 3/3 I haven't seen.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:01 pm

Black Water is badass.
Diabolos80 wrote:Can't find a place to rent The Reef, Ursus. Is it worth a $13 download?
To me, yes, because i think it's amazing lol. Australian flick, can't go wrong. It used to be on Netflix, sucks that it isn't anymore.

If you're into cannibal flicks, watch Ravenous if you haven't already. It's a classic.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:08 pm

UrsusMorris wrote:Black Water is badass.
Diabolos80 wrote:Can't find a place to rent The Reef, Ursus. Is it worth a $13 download?
To me, yes, because i think it's amazing lol. Australian flick, can't go wrong. It used to be on Netflix, sucks that it isn't anymore.

If you're into cannibal flicks, watch Ravenous if you haven't already. It's a classic.
I've seen Ravenous at least a dozen times. The score alone is worth it.
andruw000
Art Expert

Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:28 pm

the reef is good. bait is also pretty decent for the genre...sharks in a grocery store.