The Official Horror Movie Thread

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:18 pm

I thought it sucked.

My favorite is still TCM The Beginning. The chainsaw-through-the-chest-while-on-the-table scene is incredible.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:21 pm

Well Ursus, he did his thang in that scene too!

Why on earth do I keep giving Ti West chances? I know people in here like him, but outside of The House of the Devil, and maybe MAYBE Innkeepers but even I'm not huge on that, he never really strikes me in his films. I finally watched the Sacrament last night and found it hard to stay truly engaged.

On a side note, anyone here seen The House on Pine Street? It was on kickstarter and has had nothing but great reviews that I've seen, I'm interested to see it. Deemed a "psychological horror"
bmd1191
Art Expert

Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:33 pm

I actually really like the TCM remake with Jessica Biel from like 03. I know a lot of people hated it though.

I'm a big Ti West fan. Never saw Cabin Fever 2, but everything else by him I usually enjoy. (Sacrament was OK, nothing special)

The House on Pine Street seems pretty cool, i'll have to keep a lookout for it.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:22 pm

I love that TCM as well!

And i thought Sacrament was great. Probably because it pissed me off. Them psycho religious flicks get to me i guess.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:25 pm

UrsusMorris wrote:I love that TCM as well!

And i thought Sacrament was great. Probably because it pissed me off. Them psycho religious flicks get to me i guess.
Or I'm just a loser with terrible taste in movies!
Moran
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:47 pm

Anyone a fan of werewolf flicks? If it hasn't been suggested check out Late Phases

New spin on a werewolf tale
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:19 pm

Cinlabyrinth wrote:Well Ursus, he did his thang in that scene too!

Why on earth do I keep giving Ti West chances? I know people in here like him, but outside of The House of the Devil, and maybe MAYBE Innkeepers but even I'm not huge on that, he never really strikes me in his films. I finally watched the Sacrament last night and found it hard to stay truly engaged.

On a side note, anyone here seen The House on Pine Street? It was on kickstarter and has had nothing but great reviews that I've seen, I'm interested to see it. Deemed a "psychological horror"
I never got the love for the Innkeepers. I don't mind slow burns and I am a huge ghost story fan but that movie failed to engage on any level IMO. HOTD is drymounting fantastic though. The roost is pretty meh and the sacrament wasn't terrible. CF2 was absolutely butchered before it was finally released IIRC. I don't Ti West is a huge fan of it. It is also the only movie hes done that doesn't look like a Ti West film.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:28 pm

Moran wrote:Anyone a fan of werewolf flicks? If it hasn't been suggested check out Late Phases

I drymountin love werewolves, but i was not crazy about that movie. And i blind bought it too lol.
Moran
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:46 pm

UrsusMorris wrote:
Moran wrote:Anyone a fan of werewolf flicks? If it hasn't been suggested check out Late Phases

I drymountin love werewolves, but i was not crazy about that movie. And i blind bought it too lol.
It was recommended by a friend who hyped it up...I was kinda puzzled...after watching again I enjoyed it more myself

Has anyone mentioned CREEP yet?
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:17 pm

Moran wrote:
UrsusMorris wrote:

It was recommended by a friend who hyped it up...I was kinda puzzled...after watching again I enjoyed it more myself

Has anyone mentioned CREEP yet?
Yeah we covered creep a bit ago. I dug it
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:41 pm

Yeah Creep was badass. Dug it alot. It was creepy, imagine that lol.

If you like werewolf movies though, see Dog Soldiers. I drymountin need a Dog Soldiers print.
DonPiano
Art Expert

Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:19 am

Creep was very average if you ask me... With that said, someone earlier in this thread mentioned that it feels like Duplass's take down of found footage films and retrospectively it works better with that in mind.

Aussie flicks Wyrmwood and Plague are on Netflix. Wyrmwood is good, not great - 3/5. Plague is awful, just awful. 1/5. Worst thing was I saw it with a screening in a cinema that fits about 25 people and the director and actors were in attendance and it got so many unintentional laughs that I couldn't help but feel sorry for them.

Oh, and not really horror, but almost, These Final Hours is also on Netflix. Good little Aussie flick about the end of the world. 3.5/5
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:57 am

I love Aussie flicks..
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:41 am

DonPiano wrote:Creep was very average if you ask me... With that said, someone earlier in this thread mentioned that it feels like Duplass's take down of found footage films and retrospectively it works better with that in mind.

Aussie flicks Wyrmwood and Plague are on Netflix. Wyrmwood is good, not great - 3/5. Plague is awful, just awful. 1/5. Worst thing was I saw it with a screening in a cinema that fits about 25 people and the director and actors were in attendance and it got so many unintentional laughs that I couldn't help but feel sorry for them.

Oh, and not really horror, but almost, These Final Hours is also on Netflix. Good little Aussie flick about the end of the world. 3.5/5
These final hours is great. Didn't realize that was on netflix now. definitely recommend that
jlabbate
Art Freak

Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:57 am

speaking of werewolfs...saw wolfcop on Tuesday..the one thing I like about it..it was only 75 minutes long :roll: