The Official Horror Movie Thread

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
brewsky
Art Connoisseur

Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:07 pm

lilorphanFunkhouser wrote:
brndfrmd wrote:anthropophagus
kevkevkev
Art Expert

Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:31 pm

rubberneck wrote:
cjevy wrote:I'm halfway through Crystal Lake and its def not as good as Never Sleep Again, partly because I feel like I already know a lot of these backstories from the other docs out there. I'd guess we get a Halloween one next since Farrands directed #6. Id be more partial to a Hellrasier one tho.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0469093/

loved it. Took a while to get going maybe its cause i have good memories of 4-10. edited better than elm st. I felt that had too much interview and not enough footage. Have the german blu of NSA and theres too much crap wasting space like an hour of camcorder footage from 3. This was much better. Still it needed some on set video.
mliddell
Art Expert

Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:54 am

Saw "Popcorn" (1991) again tonight. Fun horror movie.
brndfrmd
Art Expert

Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:43 am

brewsky wrote:
lilorphanFunkhouser wrote:
brndfrmd wrote:anthropophagus
Two incredible gifs! Also, if anyone has not seen Premutos, do so!
Top ISO: John Waters Marathon 07 by Little Friends of Printmaking
Aparedez89
Art Expert

Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:54 pm

As anybody seen the trailer or the movie "we are what we are"? I just saw the trailer for it on imdb and looks pretty good!
jlabbate
Art Freak

Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:02 pm

bmerwinsuwc wrote:
jlabbate wrote:
bmerwinsuwc wrote:Currently watching the Friday the 13th documentary "Crystal Lake Memories." It was made by the same folks behind "Never Sleep Again." It's definitely worth checking out, but isn't nearly as good as "Never Sleep Again" and much better than "His Name was Jason."

I should have my copy mid-week..looking forward to seeing it...mine is coming w/ a bonus disc of additional interviews :pint:
I haven't made it to the bonus disk yet, but it should be good. And if the commentary on this is anything like the one recorded for "Never Sleep Again," it should be pretty entertaining. Watching the documentary made me realize how long it's been since I've really seen some of the "Friday" films. I'd be interested in hearing what you think once you've watched it all.
Enjoyed the doc quite a bit..I liked how they gave each film a decent amount of time
To discuss and appreciated all the different viewpoints..I know some of the stories and interviews were rehashed
But it was still well worth watching

On a side note I saw "You're Next" and thought it was good..I did expect a bit more considering the positive review and comments here..but it still delivered a nice punch
kassdnb
Art Expert

Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:19 pm

Not horror, but figured most of y'all could appreciate and/or relate to this one, tis the season...

And it's on Netflix yo :D

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2075373/
http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/The_A ... d=13573466
Sevensykes
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:25 pm

Not sure if this movie has been posted on here before or not but Dog Soldiers is perhaps the best werewolf movie to ever come out. It didn't get much attention or even went to theaters I believe, but is an amazing B horror film.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:40 pm

kassdnb wrote:Not horror, but figured most of y'all could appreciate and/or relate to this one, tis the season...

And it's on Netflix yo :D

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2075373/
http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/The_A ... d=13573466

Really good movie. I loved it. Man those people love Halloween. :shock:

Dog soldiers is badass. It's directed by Neil Marshall who also directed one of my favorite horror movies of te past 10 years...The Descent :notworthy:
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
mliddell
Art Expert

Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:47 pm

Dog Soldiers is good. Personally disagree on best Werewolf film ever.

I re watched Roger Corman's The Fall of the House of Usher (house of Usher) via Arrow videos new blu release. Such a good atmospheric horror movie to get you in the Halloween mood. Arrow video is the Criterion of cult films have a region free player but still wish they were unlocked a lot of them used to be not sure what happened. Shout/Scream factory are also doing a great job getting a lot of cult/obscure horror out in blu ray.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:14 am

mliddell wrote:Dog Soldiers is good. Personally disagree on best Werewolf film ever.

I re watched Roger Corman's The Fall of the House of Usher (house of Usher) via Arrow videos new blu release. Such a good atmospheric horror movie to get you in the Halloween mood. Arrow video is the Criterion of cult films have a region free player but still wish they were unlocked a lot of them used to be not sure what happened. Shout/Scream factory are also doing a great job getting a lot of cult/obscure horror out in blu ray.
How's the transfer? Look good on blu ray? That's a great flick.

Another good werewolf flick is Ginger Snaps
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert

Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:25 am

Saw an American scream at ff last year. Really liked it. One of the guys made a small haunted house for when we got out of the screening with free beer and candy.
rmoore wrote:Can't trust someone that doesn't like Jurassic Park...
Sevensykes
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:20 am

Yup Neil Marshall, can't believe I forgot the guy's name he is an amazing director. Yeah the Descent was great I saw it at a cheap $2.50 cinema and it still freaked me out. Has anyone seen Insidious 2 yet? I have debated on paying to see it, since my friend said it wasn't any good but I honestly liked the first one. Any thoughts from true horror fans out there?
kassdnb
Art Expert

Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:09 pm

chisoxfan2424 wrote:Saw an American scream at ff last year. Really liked it. One of the guys made a small haunted house for when we got out of the screening with free beer and candy.
Cool stuff :pint:
andruw000
Art Expert

Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:02 pm

I just watched Nightwatch (1997) on Netflix and it was pretty solid. It's listed a crime thriller but I think it belongs in the horror genre. It's definitely worth watching.