My guilty pleasure - WWE

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
chalkdust
Art Expert

Fri May 08, 2020 7:03 pm

the Benoit two-part episode was fantastic. I know it sucks what he did, but damn did I love watching that dude perform. I remember the day it happened, finding out the news and just not being able to believe it. Very solid watch.
chalkdust
Art Expert

Wed May 20, 2020 8:18 pm

RIP Shad Gaspard....used to love me some Cryme Tyme!
Irishman12
Art Expert

Wed May 20, 2020 9:11 pm

Very sad indeed. Saved his son but taken too soon.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:33 pm

Anybody else keeping up with all the allegations being thrown around the wrestling community since the end of last week? Geez it's enough to make your head spin. NXT UK seems to be breading a rape culture over there as they've been hit the hardest. But others such as Joey Ryan and now Sammy Guevara have too.
cotis
Art Expert

Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:33 am

it’s UK wrestling as a whole, not just NXT UK.

but yeah - not a good sign. lot of names involved and a lot of accusations flying around.
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:22 am

Personally, I'm in shock that there are allegations against the Spanish Sex God and the Original Bro. :roll:

On a less depressing note, has anyone been watching The Last Ride? It completely breaks kayfabe, so if you don't want to see the Undertaker as Mark, maybe pass, but it shines a lot of light on the last few years of his career. My wife and I both watched it and both loved it.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:03 pm

I didn't watch it but heard it's good (not an Undertaker fan). Heard he basically retired so that did make me happy.

As for the product, it's complete garbage! NXT is the most exciting WWE programming right now. Smackdown is and always will be the B show while Raw is an absolute trainwreck. Anyone actually enjoying the Street Profits/Viking Raiders "Anything you do, I can do better" challenge? I just wish they'd scrap that storyline like the Lana/Lashley one. Both of those IMO are 2 of the worst storylines all year.

On another note, enough though they billed it as "The Greatest Match of All Time," (even though it wasn't), the Edge/Orton match from Backlash was actually pretty darn good.
beetlejuice
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:01 pm

I did enjoy the Edge/Orton match as well.

I've watched the first part of The Last Ride. Need to get to the rest as I really enjoyed the first part.
Go ahead, make my millennium.