My guilty pleasure - WWE

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:41 am

chisoxfan2424 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:43 pm
Anyone gonna watch DDP’s last March on AEW tonight ?
Yep. Was fun. Dude can still work in the ring. I’m probably 25 years younger than him and I couldn’t do what he did.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
kurtinho45
New User

Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:15 am

I love that NXT comes around once every year or so and does a show in my city. Their live shows are so much more fun than any of the main brands.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:50 pm

So with the Royal Rumble this Sunday, who are going to be surprise entrants in to either the men's or women's Royal Rumble matches? These are names I've heard rumored so far: Edge, Santino Marella, Naomi, Nia Jax, and Ruby Riot. Also heard Matt Riddle and Keith Lee may be in the men's match as well. There's 5 spots open for the men's and 25 for the women's.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:45 pm

I wonder if Rhonda is available? Being in Houston I bet Booker T will show up. Hopefully it is a good show. I almost went, ended up spending my entertainment budget on Tool this month.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
Irishman12
Art Expert

Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:16 pm

Get ready to hear Michael Cole say "The road to WrestleMania" about a million times beginning tonight.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:06 am

Not a bad Rumble. Not really any major surprises. Drew vs Brock should be interesting for WrestleMania. Vince finally gonna put the strap on him? Bianca Belair and Brock both had impressive nights in their respective RR matches. The Becky/Asuka match was disappointing. Looked promising going in but was executed sloppy.
beetlejuice
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:42 pm

Overall enjoyable... plus won some money so yep.
Go ahead, make my millennium.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:19 pm

Heard Edge signed a 3 year contract. Good for him (they'll use him sparingly). Wonder if over time Paige may one day be able to do the same? I hope so!
Irishman12
Art Expert

Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:12 pm

Hearing this is how the WrestleMania card might shake out:

-Lesnar vs McIntyre
-Edge vs Orton
-Lynch vs Baszler
-Flair vs Ripley
-Wyatt vs Reigns

So far, not really impressed. Only matches that interest me are Lesnar/McIntyre and Lynch/Baszler. Think it would be a terrible idea if Charlotte uses her title opportunity to fight Ripley!
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:15 pm

I would love that. I'm afraid it's going to be Lynch/Flair, but if we get Lynch/Baszler (I assume w/ Rousey in her corner) and Flair/Ripley, I'd be extremely excited.

I also wouldn't mind seeing AJ inserted into the Orton/Edge match to make it a triple threat. AJ has a story w/ Orton and had a run in with Edge in the Rumble. It would give AJ something to do and take some pressure off Edge while he gets his legs back under him.
beetlejuice
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:38 am

Have they said how long AJ is out for?
Go ahead, make my millennium.
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:04 am

beetlejuice wrote:
I missed that he got hurt. It sounds like Meltzer is reporting he may be back for Mania.

In "outside the ring" news, both of the Bellas are pregnant, so that's....something.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:35 am

MJGallicchio wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:15 pm
I would love that. I'm afraid it's going to be Lynch/Flair, but if we get Lynch/Baszler (I assume w/ Rousey in her corner) and Flair/Ripley, I'd be extremely excited.

I also wouldn't mind seeing AJ inserted into the Orton/Edge match to make it a triple threat. AJ has a story w/ Orton and had a run in with Edge in the Rumble. It would give AJ something to do and take some pressure off Edge while he gets his legs back under him.
I'd like to see Rousey in Baszler's corner, that'd be a nice touch. Maybe they could build towards that 4 Horsemen match that has always been dreamed about (my guess would be SummerSlam). I like both Ripley and Charlotte but I just think it's a waste to use her title opportunity on Ripley. I know with AEW now, WWE is really pushing the NXT brand hard (it's about time). I think the match would be good but again, this is WrestleMania and she's going to cash in on a (excuse the expression) "minor league" title.
MJGallicchio wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:04 am
beetlejuice wrote:
I missed that he got hurt. It sounds like Meltzer is reporting he may be back for Mania.

In "outside the ring" news, both of the Bellas are pregnant, so that's....something.
I heard AJ got hurt too at the Rumble but no time frame yet. I could see them adding him to the Orton/Edge match (as you said, to take some pressure off of Edge). Didn't hear about the Bella's though. Last I heard about them Nikki got engaged.
cotis
Art Expert

Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:21 pm

Charlotte challenging (and losing) to Rhea at Wrestlemania legitimizes the NXT Womens Division, and NXT as a whole. a main roster superstar challenging for 3rd brand championship by her own choosing speaks volumes.

she'll be on NXT tonight to issue the challenge.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:48 pm

It's long overdue that Vince and the rest of WWE started taking NXT more seriously. Glad AEW made them wake up and start believing in their talent more.