My guilty pleasure - WWE

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:12 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:28 pm
I had this whole rant typed out about how shitty WWE is, but honestly I just don't care enough anymore...
I agree. The current product is crappy. Stomping Grounds, with the exception of the Ricochet/Joe match, was absolute garbage. Raw and Smackdown haven't been exciting or relevant in who knows how long? The 24/7 title seems to be getting a lot of noise on social media so they're going to continue pushing it. Honestly, that might be the only positive I can say about the show. Still not sold on the Bray Wyatt character yet. Indifferent about Seth as a champ. Tired of seeing Kofi and the New Day do 15-20 minute promos twice a week. Really the only wrestling I enjoy on a consistent basis week in and week out is NXT. Looking forward to AEW coming to TNT this fall (hearing it's going to be on Wednesday nights).

Side note 1 - glad to see Joe getting a crack at the title. Unfortunately, he won't win it.
Side note 2 - glad to see Balor and Nakamura on Smackdown yesterday. Excited for that match. Don't remember the last time I could say that.
Side note 3 - Almost skipped Stomping Ground and didn't even care. Won't be able to see Extreme Rules due to other plans and I have no intentions of sitting through it. I'll just read the recap online.
cotis
Art Expert

Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:17 am

WWE has named Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff as Executive Directors, Sports Illustrated has learned.

Heyman is set to become Executive Director of Monday Night Raw, while Bischoff will fill the same role for SmackDown Live. Both will report directly to WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon.
this is probably the best thing WWE could have done, especially considering AEW/Turner probably would have hired Bischoff to help run their weekly show.

with ratings in the dumpster and competition on the horizon, WWE had to do something. hoping that this will give a drastic difference between RAW & SD presentations this fall. RAW might be a bit more edgier with Heyman's touch whereas SD will cater to the casual network TV viewer with Bischoff.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:50 pm

cotis wrote:
WWE has named Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff as Executive Directors, Sports Illustrated has learned.

Heyman is set to become Executive Director of Monday Night Raw, while Bischoff will fill the same role for SmackDown Live. Both will report directly to WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon.
this is probably the best thing WWE could have done, especially considering AEW/Turner probably would have hired Bischoff to help run their weekly show.

with ratings in the dumpster and competition on the horizon, WWE had to do something. hoping that this will give a drastic difference between RAW & SD presentations this fall. RAW might be a bit more edgier with Heyman's touch whereas SD will cater to the casual network TV viewer with Bischoff.
It can't hurt at this point, but yes, glad to see these guys with some control over the product. Always been a fan of both. Now Vince just needs to listen to their ideas (much like HHH). I hear he has good ideas but Vince shoots them down a lot (or at least in regards to guys from NXT).
cotis
Art Expert

Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:07 pm

Irishman12 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:50 pm
cotis wrote:

It can't hurt at this point, but yes, glad to see these guys with some control over the product. Always been a fan of both. Now Vince just needs to listen to their ideas (much like HHH). I hear he has good ideas but Vince shoots them down a lot (or at least in regards to guys from NXT).
report says they will be overseeing all aspects of RAW/SD and answering directly to Vince . similar to HHH and NXT.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:48 pm

That is an interesting announcement. It might help as long as Vince isn’t on the headset changing things on the fly.

On that note, I would love to be able to listen in on the conversations between Vince and the refs/broadcasters. “Make sure to mention the up coming PPV!” “Give em the tag line!”

It is sad that the most fun I had watching the last 2 shows was looking for funhouse characters in the background of the backstage shots. They should get Truth to mention them to Carmella - “did you see that talking rabbit?”

The wildcard rule is really messing up the mid card wrestling. The brand split was supposed to give more slots for wrestlers, but with it in effect we get the same guys on both shows. Plus what happens if Alexa beats Bayley? Does she have to defend on SD?

I bitch about it, but will continue to record the shows and watch the 10-15 minutes of interesting content.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
Irishman12
Art Expert

Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:19 pm

Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:48 pm
That is an interesting announcement. It might help as long as Vince isn’t on the headset changing things on the fly.

On that note, I would love to be able to listen in on the conversations between Vince and the refs/broadcasters. “Make sure to mention the up coming PPV!” “Give em the tag line!”

It is sad that the most fun I had watching the last 2 shows was looking for funhouse characters in the background of the backstage shots. They should get Truth to mention them to Carmella - “did you see that talking rabbit?”

The wildcard rule is really messing up the mid card wrestling. The brand split was supposed to give more slots for wrestlers, but with it in effect we get the same guys on both shows. Plus what happens if Alexa beats Bayley? Does she have to defend on SD?

I bitch about it, but will continue to record the shows and watch the 10-15 minutes of interesting content.

The brand split is completely pointless now with the "wild card rule." People win title's and switch brands and like you said, now we get the same people twice a week now, squeezing others out of air time. But I'm in the same boat. I'll continue to record and watch the show (I fast forward through the matches). I only watch the promos and backstage segments to keep up on the storylines.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:57 pm

So last weeks RAW was halfway decent. Loved the fact that they started a wrestling show with.... wait for it... WRESTLING and not 20 minutes of promo’s and talking.

AEW has already proved itself a game changer by (hopefully) ending the PG era on RAW. Really want Wyatt come back and kidnap Stephanie McMahon and really cement the change. On that note, they need to get Wyatt back on the air, either more FF or in ring. They are losing momentum on what is my (and I think lots of people’s) favorite storyline. I like the glimpses n the backstage spots, but that can only go so far.

Hoping tonight builds on last weeks semi-success.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:31 am

Well I guess 1 in a row is the mark to beat...
Irishman12
Art Expert

Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:17 pm

Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:57 pm
AEW has already proved itself a game changer by (hopefully) ending the PG era on RAW.
This right here! I've heard with Heyman they're gonna try to push the envelope more to appeal to youths and to do so, they're going to have to do away with the PG stuff. Wonder how that's going to play with sponsors/advertisers?
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:40 pm

One thing I never understood, why are there kendo sticks under the ring?
beetlejuice
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:59 am

At least the main event was watchable.
Go ahead, make my millennium.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:46 pm

Please no Demon vs Fiend too many gimmicks in one ring. Love Bray is back.
beetlejuice
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:09 am

Reports saying Balor is leaving for a couple months after Summerslam. So I'm sure Bray injuring him or sending him will be part of the gimmick
Go ahead, make my millennium.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:55 am

Didn’t know about Balor taking time off, was wondering why he seemed to be getting squashed lately. What did you think of Wyatt’s return? I liked it and I am glad they didn’t wait for SS. Interested to see if he is going back to full time in ring or if he is just going to be used to create chaos.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:32 pm

AEW is going to begin airing their weekly 2 hour TV program on TNT on Wednesday, October 2 8pm-10pm EST. Looking forward to it!