My guilty pleasure - WWE

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:55 pm

MJGallicchio wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:05 am
Irishman12 wrote:
cotis wrote:Brock cashing in on FOX's first SD is what's best for business.

but thinking Vince/creative have a plan that far out at this point is a little far fetched.
Trust me, they'll come up with something between now and then. And what was up with that obscene amount of "roll the footage" that took place on Smackdown last night? Geez. About a quarter of the show was practically previous footage.
I was thinking the same thing about cashing in for the first SmackDown on Fox, but completely agree that WWE doesn't seem to care about long term booking. They are just doing anything they can to try and scramble to get ratings now.
With AEW getting their TV show later this year and the move to Fox, WWE will begin to feel the pressure for ratings.
beetlejuice
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:41 pm

Had the PPV on for a bit but got bored and turned it off. Will read results later to see if anything is worth revisiting but these Saudi shows are just not doing anything for me. Might as well be Raw.
Go ahead, make my millennium.
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:42 pm

I'm watching. I don't feel good about myself for supporting this, but it's Friday afternoon. What else am I going to do?
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:08 pm

MJGallicchio wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:42 pm
I'm watching. I don't feel good about myself for supporting this, but it's Friday afternoon. What else am I going to do?
me too. I am hoping Bray shows up in his new character...
I like Balor as the demon.
Happy with the way they handled the cash in (some of those chair shots to the arm looked seriously painful).
Whiny Ziggler sucks.
50 man matches are funny, but useless. I wonder if you can tell who is in trouble by how early they get eliminated...
Saudi loves them some Goldberg...
Wonder what the combined wealth of the people in that stadium is...
Can they make shorter entrance ramps, so it doesn't take 20 minutes for Undertaker to get to the ring?
Looks like 'Taker dropped a few lbs (or kgs for you metrics)
Man that was a terrible match. Both guys WAY too old to be in the ring in that heat. I thought 'taker was legit hurt with that last jackhammer (if you can even call it that).
The stadium look really empty.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
Irishman12
Art Expert

Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:19 pm

I've never watched any of those Super Showdown shows. They seem like glorified house shows, the matches are thrown together (i.e. Undertaker/Goldberg which I wouldn't want to bore myself with with those guys being at the age and level that they're at today), and nothing really interesting happens from what I read online afterwards.
cotis
Art Expert

Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:22 pm

Taker Goldberg was a fudge show. just glad no one got killed. Goldberg got f’d up spearing the ring post, and his head bounced off the neck on the tombstone.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:46 pm

cotis wrote:
Taker Goldberg was a fudge show. just glad no one got killed. Goldberg got f’d up spearing the ring post, and his head bounced off the neck on the tombstone.
Yeah, I re-watched that match and was amazed that they both survived. That was the worst 8 minutes of wrestling I have ever seen. I hope this helps put the "dream" matches to bed once and for all.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
cotis
Art Expert

Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:11 am

Taker's face at the end of the match kinda sums it up.

Irishman12
Art Expert

Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:49 am

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:46 pm
cotis wrote:
Yeah, I re-watched that match and was amazed that they both survived. That was the worst 8 minutes of wrestling I have ever seen. I hope this helps put the "dream" matches to bed once and for all.
It won't. Not as long as they have this contract with Saudi Arabia. I can only imagine how much money they threw at Goldberg to get him to come.

Also, I heard Natalia and Alexa made the trip. Did they have a match or no? Heard that if/when women are able to wrestle on these shows, WWE is gonna hype it up as they're "breaking barriers" by allowing the women to perform, even though women in other sports have already begun performing in the country.
cotis
Art Expert

Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:05 pm

Irishman12 wrote:
Also, I heard Natalia and Alexa made the trip. Did they have a match or no? Heard that if/when women are able to wrestle on these shows, WWE is gonna hype it up as they're "breaking barriers" by allowing the women to perform, even though women in other sports have already begun performing in the country.
no women's match, saw it was pulled by the Saudi government. guess Renee on commentary is ok but two women wrestling in front of the whole stadium is a big no-no.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:26 pm

cotis wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:05 pm
Irishman12 wrote:
no women's match, saw it was pulled by the Saudi government. guess Renee on commentary is ok but two women wrestling in front of the whole stadium is a big no-no.
Thanks. Saw clips of the Goldberg/Undertaker match. Wow that looked bad and dangerous. Hopefully this reminds WWE that this isn't 1999 anymore and they refrain from using these guys who shouldn't be in the ring anymore!
cotis
Art Expert

Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:45 pm

in other wrestling news, Kota Ibushii continued his assault of his neck and apparent desire to have a broken neck someday.

pic: Image

video:
Cut to 3:38
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:04 am

Firefly funhouse is the only reason to turn on Raw anymore. Though I did get a chuckle from Truth calling that dude Hornswoggle and Cole just saying “oh never mind” when calling the Iconic’s match against the hometown jobbers.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:28 pm

I had this whole rant typed out about how shitty WWE is, but honestly I just don't care enough anymore...
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:05 am

I enjoy Kofi, but why the hell did they have him wrestle two matches on Monday and then a 2/3 falls match on Tuesday.