My guilty pleasure - WWE

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
User avatar
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert
Posts: 5615
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:05 am
Location: Houston, TX

Tue May 28, 2019 10:28 pm

beetlejuice wrote:Just catching up now.. Holy fudge Rhodes was bloodyyyy
Yeah, that was a seriously bloody match. Hopefully this will push WWE to some better storylines

On the WWE side, I am really getting into the new Wyatt character/show. At first i thought it was strange, but the more recent episodes are really intriguing. Any idea on when he might actually start wrestling as the new character?

As silly as I think the 24/7 belt is, I am happy to see R-Truth getting some love late in his career.

Is it possible to be too much of a heel? Lesnar is so hated at so many levels right now. I actually loved his whole bit last night as it did nothing but infuriate WWE fan (and me). Slapping Heyman because Paul didn’t tell him he had a whole year to cash in was actually funny and decent writing to push that storyline forward.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Expert
Posts: 1865
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Wed May 29, 2019 12:34 pm

The slap to Heyman was good. The boom box Money in the Bank briefcase was terrible!
User avatar
MJGallicchio
Art Expert
Posts: 1791
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:35 pm
Location: In between NYC and Boston

Wed May 29, 2019 9:53 pm

I don't care. I love Brock with the briefcase.


In non WWE news, I just watched Double or Nothing today and I agree that the last three matches were awesome. Outside of that, the show was fine but fan boys need to calm down about this being the death of WWE.
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Expert
Posts: 1865
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Thu May 30, 2019 1:48 pm

MJGallicchio wrote:I don't care. I love Brock with the briefcase.


In non WWE news, I just watched Double or Nothing today and I agree that the last three matches were awesome. Outside of that, the show was fine but fan boys need to calm down about this being the death of WWE.
It definitely won't be the death of WWE but it's a nice change to actually have a viable competitor that I think could pull some WWE viewers. Do I think it'll hurt WWE? Somewhat financially, but they're not going out of business over AEW. As others have said, hopefully it'll force WWE to step up their game if enough people tune out.
User avatar
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert
Posts: 5615
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:05 am
Location: Houston, TX

Thu May 30, 2019 10:01 pm

Well, AEW will definitely have the bloody matches over WWE. It looks like they are going to be more in the style of the Japanese wrestling - which i think is cool. I hope they have a more R rated product.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
User avatar
MJGallicchio
Art Expert
Posts: 1791
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:35 pm
Location: In between NYC and Boston

Fri May 31, 2019 11:06 am

If you guys haven't listened to Moxley on Talk is Jericho, I highly recommend it. He talks very openly about his time in WWE and the creative process.

I agree that competition should force everyone to be better and while things under Vince have been pretty stale, I have a lot of confidence in HHH. NXT is my favorite "promotion" going. I'm excited to see where AEW goes. I'll remain cautiously optimistic to see how they do when they need to push content and build story lines weekly and not just every few months, but they're off to a hot start.
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Expert
Posts: 1865
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Fri May 31, 2019 12:12 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:I hope they have a more R rated product.
MJGallicchio wrote:I have a lot of confidence in HHH. NXT is my favorite "promotion" going. I'm excited to see where AEW goes. I'll remain cautiously optimistic to see how they do when they need to push content and build story lines weekly and not just every few months, but they're off to a hot start.
I agree with these statements. Definitely hoping AEW is more of an R rated/mature product, which, after seeing Double or Nothing, I'd say it is. On a side note, what was with that Cracker Barrel being in the ring before the Jericho/Omega match? Thought it was funny how Jericho had to help the guy get it out of the ring.
User avatar
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert
Posts: 5615
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:05 am
Location: Houston, TX

Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:56 pm

So what the hell. Rey has to drop the US belt and it automatically goes to Joe? I hate it when they just arbitrarily change fudge like that.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Expert
Posts: 1865
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:21 am

Yeah they dropped the ball to have any kind of tournament/battle royal, something. Makes no sense storyline wise why it goes back to Joe (other than his shoulders weren't on the mat and the pin should have never counted). However, whenever that's been the issue, the wrestler still had to win it back.
User avatar
beetlejuice
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 875
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:49 pm

Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:36 am

Bring back King of the Ring for God sakes.
Go ahead, make my millennium.
User avatar
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert
Posts: 5615
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:05 am
Location: Houston, TX

Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:16 pm

The whole funhouse thing with Wyatt has won me over. I didn’t like it at first, but it has become the best part of the shows now. Can’t wait until they premiere his new character in the ring. One of the quick cuts in last episode showed what could be the full in ring getup and it is properly creepy.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Expert
Posts: 1865
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:12 am

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:The whole funhouse thing with Wyatt has won me over. I didn’t like it at first, but it has become the best part of the shows now. Can’t wait until they premiere his new character in the ring. One of the quick cuts in last episode showed what could be the full in ring getup and it is properly creepy.
I'm still not sold yet. As for Lesnar, glad he's gonna cash in the Money in the Bank on Friday so we can put that baby to sleep.
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
Posts: 4357
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:03 am

Brock cashing in on FOX's first SD is what's best for business.

but thinking Vince/creative have a plan that far out at this point is a little far fetched.
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Expert
Posts: 1865
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:58 am

cotis wrote:Brock cashing in on FOX's first SD is what's best for business.

but thinking Vince/creative have a plan that far out at this point is a little far fetched.
Trust me, they'll come up with something between now and then. And what was up with that obscene amount of "roll the footage" that took place on Smackdown last night? Geez. About a quarter of the show was practically previous footage.
User avatar
MJGallicchio
Art Expert
Posts: 1791
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:35 pm
Location: In between NYC and Boston

Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:05 am

Irishman12 wrote:
cotis wrote:Brock cashing in on FOX's first SD is what's best for business.

but thinking Vince/creative have a plan that far out at this point is a little far fetched.
Trust me, they'll come up with something between now and then. And what was up with that obscene amount of "roll the footage" that took place on Smackdown last night? Geez. About a quarter of the show was practically previous footage.
I was thinking the same thing about cashing in for the first SmackDown on Fox, but completely agree that WWE doesn't seem to care about long term booking. They are just doing anything they can to try and scramble to get ratings now.

I also agree that the amount of random footage and replays they show is out of control. I don't need Cole to recap what happened before the break everytime you they come back. I don't need hourly updates on what happened earlier in the episode. What is wrong with matches, live promos, and pretaped backstage segments?
Post Reply