My guilty pleasure - WWE

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
cotis
Art Expert

Tue May 21, 2019 12:49 pm

with the importance of social media, I think you'll see more interaction on FB/IG/etc with titles changing hands which people should enjoy?
Irishman12
Art Expert

Tue May 21, 2019 1:43 pm

cotis wrote:with the importance of social media, I think you'll see more interaction on FB/IG/etc with titles changing hands which people should enjoy?
You're probably right. I never keep up with that crap. They can just tell me about it and show the clip on Raw or Smackdown the following week.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Tue May 21, 2019 6:24 pm

Well, now that Lesnar is retired from MMA, maybe he will actually learn how to wrestle. The PPV was actually pretty decent IMHO. Great match between Rollins and Styles and I enjoyed both MITB matches. Not sure why they are putting Ray Mysterio over on Samoa Joe though. Just makes Joe look way less like a beast. Happy to see Bayley successfully cash in on her title shot. She really deserves it after all the fudge WWE put her through in the last year with the Sasha Banks frienimy angle.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Wed May 22, 2019 9:23 pm

Aaannddd I am already tired of the Lesnar “will he/won’t he” with the MITB contract.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
cotis
Art Expert

Thu May 23, 2019 10:07 am

saying Brock has to learn how to wrestle is quite funny. :lol: his recent matches against AJ Styles, Finn, Seth, and DB have all been great. he's one of the people who actually cares about the craft and puts on a good show each time. he's entertaining and he loves what he does.

here's a good article on Brock: https://wrestletalk.com/news/brock-lesn ... -so-short/

and isn't that the point of the MITB? to be cashed in at some point, by being the ultimate surprise? it's the whole concept of the opportunity.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Thu May 23, 2019 1:26 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:Aaannddd I am already tired of the Lesnar “will he/won’t he” with the MITB contract.
Buckle up. Something tells me you could be in for the long haul on this. And I agree with cotis, Lesnar has a background in wrestling and I've always enjoyed his performance. Even though he's more of a brawler/does 10+ suplexes each match. I still enjoy watching him fight.
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Thu May 23, 2019 2:28 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if we have about 4ish months of Brock with the briefcase.
Smackdown Live will debut on Fox on October 4, 2019
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Thu May 23, 2019 2:39 pm

I'm probably one of the few "Brock as Champion" fans left. I know everyone screams and yells about the part time champion piece, but that's why I like it. I feel like the WWE Championship should be a special event and only defended on PPVs. I don't need to see Raw and Smackdown end with a WWE championship match or a 6 man tag involving the champion every week.

If you want to see great in ring work and exciting championship matches, that's what the US and Intercontinental titles are for. Elevate those titles and make them mean something. Elevate the tag belts and put some real support behind the tag team division. Utilize the 24/7 title as a mid card belt to give guys opportunity instead of making it a joke belt. Really, I just want them to do something (anything) new or different or with some real thought behind it.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Thu May 23, 2019 4:50 pm

Irishman12 wrote:
ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:Aaannddd I am already tired of the Lesnar “will he/won’t he” with the MITB contract.
Buckle up. Something tells me you could be in for the long haul on this. And I agree with cotis, Lesnar has a background in wrestling and I've always enjoyed his performance. Even though he's more of a brawler/does 10+ suplexes each match. I still enjoy watching him fight.
Yeah, I see it going that way as well. I know Lesnar has a strong wrestling background, I was more referring to the fact that his matches are usually 20 German suplexes and maybe an f-5 or two. Maybe I am just remembering wrong, but his matches seem pretty much the same over and over.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Fri May 24, 2019 10:25 am

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:
Yeah, I see it going that way as well. I know Lesnar has a strong wrestling background, I was more referring to the fact that his matches are usually 20 German suplexes and maybe an f-5 or two. Maybe I am just remembering wrong, but his matches seem pretty much the same over and over.
That's WWE playing more of the beast/his MMA background than anything.
beetlejuice
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 27, 2019 1:40 pm

What did you guys think of Double or Nothing? I haven't watched it yet.
Go ahead, make my millennium.
chalkdust
Art Expert

Mon May 27, 2019 2:44 pm

I've seen a few clips. Looked pretty badass
cotis
Art Expert

Mon May 27, 2019 7:53 pm

last 3 matches were worth price of admission. (cody v dustin, bucks v bros, omega v jericho). felt there were other good matches on card, but you can see the difference between indy wrestlers and a polished WWE/NXT product. the women’s matches were really subpar IMO, but they have room to improve.

i’ll buy the next big PPV of theirs which I guess is All Out on Labor Day Weekend? just can’t justify buying $50 PPV monthly anymore.

i’m a WWE guy at heart but i’m open to competition for them, will (hopefully) make them change things as needed for a better product overall.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Tue May 28, 2019 1:02 pm

I saw the PPV yesterday and I agree with cotis, the last 3 matches were really where it was at. WWE definitely has some meaningful competition and it'll only get worse for them once the AEW TV deal kicks in later this year. I think $50 is a little steep but it'll be a split cost between a few of us who watch the PPV's every month on the Network. But for a first outing, I think AEW did a good job on Saturday.
beetlejuice
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 28, 2019 1:20 pm

Just catching up now.. Holy fudge Rhodes was bloodyyyy
Go ahead, make my millennium.