My guilty pleasure - WWE

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Expert
Posts: 1979
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:25 pm

MJGallicchio wrote:I'm watching the Greatest RR kickoff show and the WWE really needs to stop with these clip art words popping up during promos. It's dumb and adds absolutely nothing. Just stop it already!
Yes, I couldn't agree more! I'm not sure what they're going for but it's already getting old. I'm skipping the Greatest Royal Rumble. I'll read the results later.
User avatar
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert
Posts: 5637
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:05 am
Location: Houston, TX

Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:00 pm

Cena must have loved not having to hear the crowd chant “Cena sucks” for the entire match. He and trips put on a pretty good old school match...
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Expert
Posts: 1979
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:37 pm

I'm surprised only 1 title has changed hands so far (and it wasn't Brock dropping it)! I wonder how much longer he'll keep it now that he's beaten Roman at WrestleMania and now the Greatest Royal Rumble?
User avatar
xangelx
Art Expert
Posts: 2306
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY - Top of the food chain!

Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:37 pm

Irishman12 wrote:I'm surprised only 1 title has changed hands so far (and it wasn't Brock dropping it)! I wonder how much longer he'll keep it now that he's beaten Roman at WrestleMania and now the Greatest Royal Rumble?
Does this mean they have finally given up on trying to put Roman over as champ? Also the show overall was pretty weak but it was well worth it for the Titus fall on the way to the ring. That gif will live forever.
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion
User avatar
MJGallicchio
Art Expert
Posts: 1811
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:35 pm
Location: In between NYC and Boston

Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:33 pm

I enjoyed it. For a Friday afternoon wrestling event, it was perfect.
User avatar
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert
Posts: 5637
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:05 am
Location: Houston, TX

Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:45 pm

xangelx wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:I'm surprised only 1 title has changed hands so far (and it wasn't Brock dropping it)! I wonder how much longer he'll keep it now that he's beaten Roman at WrestleMania and now the Greatest Royal Rumble?
Does this mean they have finally given up on trying to put Roman over as champ? Also the show overall was pretty weak but it was well worth it for the Titus fall on the way to the ring. That gif will live forever.
^I hope so, IMO they really need to push Strowman for the title. The Reigns/Lesnar ending was lame. Laughed out loud when they were showing the slow motion replay and the announcers were going off on how vicious the spear was to go through the steel cage as the zip ties holding that section on go flying in front of the camera.

Man can you imagine the fudge Titus is going to take from the others once they all see that? Tripping is bad enough, but face planting and completely sliding under the ring take is to a whole nother level.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
User avatar
xangelx
Art Expert
Posts: 2306
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY - Top of the food chain!

Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:49 am

Hahah yes! I noticed the zip ties as well. Also the fact that they kept saying the winner was the one whose feet touched the ground first, which appeared to be Roman's.

Also, did anyone catch the Jeff Hardy botch when he went for a whisper in the wind, completely missed Jinder but Jinder did a delayed bump and the commentators couldn't figure how to sell it? So good.
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion
User avatar
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert
Posts: 5637
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:05 am
Location: Houston, TX

Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:58 am

xangelx wrote:Hahah yes! I noticed the zip ties as well. Also the fact that they kept saying the winner was the one whose feet touched the ground first, which appeared to be Roman's.

Also, did anyone catch the Jeff Hardy botch when he went for a whisper in the wind, completely missed Jinder but Jinder did a delayed bump and the commentators couldn't figure how to sell it? So good.
I did see that. Hardy missed him by a good 4-5 inches and he still sold it like he connected full.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Expert
Posts: 1979
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:19 pm

xangelx wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:I'm surprised only 1 title has changed hands so far (and it wasn't Brock dropping it)! I wonder how much longer he'll keep it now that he's beaten Roman at WrestleMania and now the Greatest Royal Rumble?
Does this mean they have finally given up on trying to put Roman over as champ? Also the show overall was pretty weak but it was well worth it for the Titus fall on the way to the ring. That gif will live forever.
I REALLY hope so. WWE prides themselves on "listening to the fans." Well, the fans have spoken and we don't want to see Roman pushed. I don't care how much merchandise he sells, he gets booed out of every arena he goes to. And it's unfortunate. I hear he's a really nice guy and good with the fans. I don't have anything against him personally. It's just his character and how he's booked. And I agree, I'd like to see Braun get some gold on him (not withstanding the WrestleMania debacle).
User avatar
MJGallicchio
Art Expert
Posts: 1811
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:35 pm
Location: In between NYC and Boston

Wed May 02, 2018 7:54 am

The Moment of Bliss is currently my favorite part of Raw. If the rumors are true that she was off live TV and kept out of the ring because she's healing from a boob job, then even better.
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
Posts: 4438
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Wed May 02, 2018 9:16 am

MJGallicchio wrote:The Moment of Bliss is currently my favorite part of Raw. If the rumors are true that she was off live TV and kept out of the ring because she's healing from a boob job, then even better.
"augmentation"
User avatar
Creation88
Art Expert
Posts: 2547
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:02 pm
Location: TX

Wed May 02, 2018 9:58 am

i was really hoping the Superstar Shakeup would infuse a new life into the product but alas it has failed early. i'm tired of the multi superstar matches. booooooring. there is nothing GREAT coming from the main roster right now. nothing that will be memorable. meanwhile NXT is giving us Gargano/Chiampa. i really hope they start delivering with all the talent they have on the main roster.
FS: BTTF II variant
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
Posts: 4438
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Wed May 02, 2018 10:12 am

they're stuck in a rut. like was said earlier in here, NXT has time to develop stories/characters and make you interested in product.

main roster is about ads, money, 3 hour long shows, and stories not nearly as engaging.
User avatar
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert
Posts: 5637
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:05 am
Location: Houston, TX

Sun May 06, 2018 8:46 pm

Have they always announced Nia Jax's weight before the match?
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
Posts: 4438
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Sun May 06, 2018 9:12 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:Have they always announced Nia Jax's weight before the match?

yes, since her debut.
Post Reply