My guilty pleasure - WWE

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
User avatar
DaleCooper
Art Expert
Posts: 3650
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:19 am
Location: Nottingham

Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:06 pm

The Shield are really exciting. Great wrestlers in their own rights. When their music hits I get so pumped!
User avatar
PrintNoob87
Art Expert
Posts: 8860
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:55 pm
Location: Milwaukee

Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:42 pm

shivashakti wrote: I hope they give Dean Ambrose(Jon Moxley) from the Shield a push in the future. Ambrose is amazing on the mic. His Moxley character had a Curt Hennig Drunken Tai Pei death match versus this guy Neil Diamond Cutter @ IWA Mid South's Prince of the Deathmatches from a few years ago that must be seen.
Was his thing at last year's Wrestlemania with Mick Foley a work or was that real? I agree, he's great.

And Punk is so far above everyone else right now, it's pretty unbelievable. I don't think there's ever been a better guy on the mic.
User avatar
shivashakti
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 919
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:21 pm

Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:44 pm

PrintNoob87 wrote:Was his thing at last year's Wrestlemania with Mick Foley a work or was that real?
Had to be a work. That dude has done some super gnarly death match stuff for CZW and IWA-MS.

This one was particularly gruesome.
User avatar
DaleCooper
Art Expert
Posts: 3650
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:19 am
Location: Nottingham

Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:01 am

Travelling from the UK to NY this Thursday for mania. Have to say - I don't think I've ever witnessed such a poor build to the show. However, I'm sure it'll be an awesome event regardless 8)
User avatar
ColonelCash
Art Expert
Posts: 3748
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:00 am
Contact:

Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:35 pm

DaleCooper wrote:Travelling from the UK to NY this Thursday for mania. Have to say - I don't think I've ever witnessed such a poor build to the show. However, I'm sure it'll be an awesome event regardless 8)
Enjoy the trip. Might be the last time you will see 'Taker in the ring. And The Rock? He'll be back next year around this time. Get some good food in NYC! A couple "Things To Do" threads over in Anything Goes. Worth checking out.
User avatar
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert
Posts: 5628
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:05 am
Location: Houston, TX

Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:22 pm

ColonelCash wrote:
DaleCooper wrote:Travelling from the UK to NY this Thursday for mania. Have to say - I don't think I've ever witnessed such a poor build to the show. However, I'm sure it'll be an awesome event regardless 8)
Enjoy the trip. Might be the last time you will see 'Taker in the ring. And The Rock? He'll be back next year around this time. Get some good food in NYC! A couple "Things To Do" threads over in Anything Goes. Worth checking out.
Have fun and safe travels!
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
User avatar
DaleCooper
Art Expert
Posts: 3650
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:19 am
Location: Nottingham

Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:25 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:
ColonelCash wrote:
DaleCooper wrote:Travelling from the UK to NY this Thursday for mania. Have to say - I don't think I've ever witnessed such a poor build to the show. However, I'm sure it'll be an awesome event regardless 8)
Enjoy the trip. Might be the last time you will see 'Taker in the ring. And The Rock? He'll be back next year around this time. Get some good food in NYC! A couple "Things To Do" threads over in Anything Goes. Worth checking out.
Have fun and safe travels!
:pint: :pint: :pint:
User avatar
ColonelCash
Art Expert
Posts: 3748
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:00 am
Contact:

Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:55 pm

i hope the show was better in person. Just read the recaps and it was kinda meh....except for 'Taker v. Punk
User avatar
shivashakti
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 919
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:21 pm

Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:29 am

Pretty weak show. The highlight in my opinion was the armbar Alberto Del Rio finished Swagger with.
User avatar
mobius006
Art Freak
Posts: 12892
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:16 pm

Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:33 am

This is a thing.. Lots of people watch




http://vgcw.wikia.com/wiki/Video_Game_C ... tling_Wiki
aradwanski
Art Expert
Posts: 1285
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:29 pm

Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:23 am

taker/punk was a good match. rybeck's strength was also very impressive
IWish
Art Expert
Posts: 9646
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 12:23 am

Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:34 am

I remember Wild Bull Curry. Actually, it's his eyebrows that I remember most. It was sad back in the day when all we had to watch was on UHF - WWF and Roller Derby.

That's all I got.
User avatar
geezer
Art Expert
Posts: 1694
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:56 am
Location: Morro Bay, CA

Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:14 am

Bull Curry was entertaining as hell. Always bloody. Bruiser Brody was the king.
Image
IWish
Art Expert
Posts: 9646
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 12:23 am

Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:54 am

Heh. The memories are coming back. The Sheik (Ed Farhat)...I remember him too.

I used wrestling moves, learned from tv, when paired-up to fight other chicks in the neighborhood. Where I was from, you never knew when you'd be singled out to fight. Fortunately, I wasn't singled out, often. I remember sitting on top of a chick - holding her arms down with my knees...giving her slight bitch slaps in the face and asking if she "gives up". I didn't hurt her. :D I didn't want to fight...no getting out of it, though.

Life in the big city.
User avatar
shivashakti
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 919
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:21 pm

Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:09 pm

Bruiser Brody was incredible. RIP!!!

Necro Butcher is Bruisers second coming. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsrcwCkkE-s

Joe botches at 2:08 and nearly kills Necro.
Post Reply