My guilty pleasure - WWE

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
cotis
Art Expert

Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:14 am

I wish the crowd would just be SILENT. I think that message would be loud and clear.
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:02 am

TheBeard wrote:Yeah, that was a very underwhelming WM

Now for the bad:
- The Dean/Brock match was very underwhelming. Exacted so much more
Same - that was terribly disappointing. Knowing Dean/Moxley's past, I was shocked he didn't take more of a beating. Not even anything resembling a big spot. "That's it?" was pretty much the response of the room.
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:03 pm

PrintNoob87 wrote:
cotis wrote:
PrintNoob87 wrote:The way I look at it is that they made this bed, now I want them to have to lay in it. And hopefully that means him raising his arms with fireworks going off as he gets booed out of the building.
I mean don't get me wrong - I hope that too because he would get NUCLEAR heat. more so than Philly both times. or really anywhere that he goes to be honest. turn the dude heel, let him beat people like he did in The Sheild and maybe he will win fans over eventually.

what better way to debut though than taking out the top dawg?
I'd love for RR to win and get booed like he obviously will. Then, they have a rematch of Ambrose/Lesnar on Raw the next night to determine #1 contender. Reigns comes out and destroys both of them, then pics up the mic and say this is what happens from here on out. You people like someone, I'm gonna make it my mission to destroy them. Then have Roman go around kick the fudge out of all the favorite baby faces for a few months - basically art imitating life of him "burying" all of the crowd favorites. Keep his promos limited except have him show how much joy it brings him to piss on the fans by running over their faves - smug/smiling/laughing in their faces.
Hah, looks like Jericho is playing this angle.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/694275- ... rk-against
FreeTheWestMemphis3
Art Expert

Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:13 pm

And Ryder continues to eat fudge.
ErocAfellar wrote:Repubs don't want to cut government spending. They just want to cut government spending on things they don't agree with.
TheBeard
Art Expert

Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:52 pm

Who cares???

SAWFT
Woodrocket podcast - http://itun.es/us/8lNFJ.c
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert

Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:07 am

What a crappy raw.
rmoore wrote:Can't trust someone that doesn't like Jurassic Park...
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:49 am

I thought it was pretty decent. The idea to call up the new crop of NXT dudes at the post-mania Raw has been a wise move these past few years. Seems like they've expanded on that and instead of one or two new guys/gals, it's a handful. It's smart because that crowd knows who they are and reacts appropriately instead of crickets.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle Enzo and Cass. I imagine if they aren't already, they'll soon be every bit as over as New Day. Obviously a New Day/E&C feud would be gold, but putting two of your most over acts against each other might not be the best idea. Don't think it's the time to try and turn one of them heel, either - doubt the crowd would let that happen anyways.

Fatal four-way was a pretty good match. Was surprised to see Styles win, but I guess anyone woulda been cheered against Reigns going forward. Honestly thought it was going to be Jericho, as he's a heel & has the most luke-warm crowd reactions of the four these days and they need that to keep Reigns from getting booed out of buildings. Also, it sucks but I bet the main thing keeping them from having Owens win was the fact that it would be impossible to keep him heel in that feud. He's already over enough as it is - putting him opposite of Reigns and giving him a mic would crush Reigns.
TheBeard
Art Expert

Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:08 pm

PrintNoob87 wrote:I thought it was pretty decent. The idea to call up the new crop of NXT dudes at the post-mania Raw has been a wise move these past few years. Seems like they've expanded on that and instead of one or two new guys/gals, it's a handful. It's smart because that crowd knows who they are and reacts appropriately instead of crickets.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle Enzo and Cass. I imagine if they aren't already, they'll soon be every bit as over as New Day. Obviously a New Day/E&C feud would be gold, but putting two of your most over acts against each other might not be the best idea. Don't think it's the time to try and turn one of them heel, either - doubt the crowd would let that happen anyways.

Fatal four-way was a pretty good match. Was surprised to see Styles win, but I guess anyone woulda been cheered against Reigns going forward. Honestly thought it was going to be Jericho, as he's a heel & has the most luke-warm crowd reactions of the four these days and they need that to keep Reigns from getting booed out of buildings. Also, it sucks but I bet the main thing keeping them from having Owens win was the fact that it would be impossible to keep him heel in that feud. He's already over enough as it is - putting him opposite of Reigns and giving him a mic would crush Reigns.
I think they keep Enzo and Cass away from New Day for a while, make it a special thing like the rare time the Shield and the Wyatt family faced off back when they booked the Wyatts credibly.

That fatal fourway was awesome and it was also nice to see a light at the end of the tunnel in that all 4 of those men in the ring could very easily have legit feuds with anyone else in that ring.

I personally would have fed Jericho to Reigns as he's the only one close to being able to get Reigns some face cheers. I also assume Reigns slowly turns heel over the course of the summer as you already saw a tiny bit of that come out yesterday. I expect his heel turn will be caused by the usual "he's better than everyone thinks and the fans don't deserve him blah blah blah". I think he'd be really good in that role which is probably why Jericho didn't win - he's already perfected that.

I wasn't expecting Owens to win as i'm still waiting for that Zayn/Owens feud to take precedence over everything. Jericho and Cesaro could be a good battle down the road and one that one be a good storyline to put Cesaro over. Jericho, like him or hate him, still can go and still is a credible opponent.
Woodrocket podcast - http://itun.es/us/8lNFJ.c
Creation88
Art Expert

Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:25 pm

my review of the weekend:
Friday- NXT Takeover- holy smokes this show was insane. the crowd was super pumped and it showed in the performances. Nakamura/Zayn obviously stole the show but i loved the American Alpha/Revival match as well. what a great, great show. by far the best crowd i've been to in a while, if ever. the refs/crew turned Joe babyface by wiping his blood so much and the crowd jumped right on them by chanting "PG SUCKS" and "F PG" it was great

Satuday- AXXESS- got there admittedly late and went straight to the Sasha Banks line but there was no way i was gonna have the chance to meet her so i ditched the line to get a good spot in the NXT arena. thanks goodness. they didn't 3 weeks of tapings as rumored and i saw the entire roster perform except Balor. Nakamura fought twice and a long waiting tag team battle happened which was great. after that we checked out the memorabilia "room" which was sweet.

Sunday- MANIA- got there well before the show and got in just fine because i paid for the expensive seats lol. the grandeur, stage, presentation are always amazing at WM but i was very disappointed with the results. i was really hoping Sasha Banks would win the Women's Title but no dice. HIAC was about what i expected and the Street Fight was a bit of a let down. can't believe Banks, Styles, Ambrose didn't get a win. ugh.

Monday- RAW- crowd was great but not exactly as insane as i thought it might be. show was a letdown until the main event and Enzo and Cass came out.

all in all a great time. wish some decisions might have gone another way but oh well. i just hope there's a strong arc coming up to spice up the product.
FS: BTTF II variant
cotis
Art Expert

Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:19 am

snagged ringside seats for RAW the day after Summerslam this year. also snagged great SummerSlam tickets luckily from someone who listed them on Stubhub as an accident I think.

but they auto downloaded to my account already and we're all set!

waiting on AXXESS tickets or whatever they call it for Summerslam...
jlabbate
Art Freak

Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:25 pm

RIP Blackjack Mulligan :notworthy:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:43 pm

Cross post with the beer thread. Had to go big this year to the AC Beerfest Saturday night:

My bald cap made it through the night. And somehow Hacksaw didn't get his real piece of wood taken, ha. By the end of the night people were asking me to stun them... It got ugly.
cotis
Art Expert

Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:52 pm

good lord.

I mean...

chalkdust
Art Expert

Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:36 pm

Got ugly? Looks to me like it started ugly.. :wink:
cotis
Art Expert

Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:06 am