My guilty pleasure - WWE

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
schmoff
Art Expert

Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:25 am

YES, i had floor seats but was too small to see anything so we moved up higher, i touched Dr D David Schultz on his way to ring, you just don't get names like that anymore
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:32 pm

DaleCooper wrote:Been waiting for this thread to pop up for a few years but didn't dare make it myself through fear of ridicule.

Travelling from the UK to NY in April for my first Wrestlemania. Can't wait.
Well good thing I care very little what people think of me. :D With all the rumors on who will be on the card, it looks like you picked a good one!
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
xangelx
Art Expert

Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:12 pm

Just watched RAW from last night, it was pretty awesome. No one can top The Rock on the mic. Can't wait to see him face Punk at Royal Rumble and from what I've read it seems they may be setting up a Rock/Brock Lesnar Wrestlemania main event.
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion
DaleCooper
Art Expert

Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:18 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:
DaleCooper wrote:Been waiting for this thread to pop up for a few years but didn't dare make it myself through fear of ridicule.

Travelling from the UK to NY in April for my first Wrestlemania. Can't wait.
Well good thing I care very little what people think of me. :D With all the rumors on who will be on the card, it looks like you picked a good one!
Yeah I can't wait! Seen a few live shows before but only one Raw (from Birmingham recently) so I'm super pumped.
Count
Art Expert

Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:13 am

Grew up watching WWF as a kid, during the era of Hulk Hogan, Macho Man, Ric Flair et al. Big fan of Ricky Steamboat. I have the DVDs from that era and still watch them sometimes to relive those moments - Mega Powers colliding, Hulk v Andrea at WM3, Steamboat v Savage etc. Good times :pint:
DaleCooper
Art Expert

Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:07 am

Anyone watch the Royal Rumble?

I thought it was the biggest pile of pigshit I've seen in all my years watching wrestling. Felt so cheated at the end that everything was that predictable.

Oh well, shirt sales come first for Vince I guess :(
aradwanski
Art Expert

Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:12 pm

i usually watch the last hour of raw every week.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:31 pm

Last nights Brock Lesner/Paul Heyman thing was really odd. I am sure they will fill in the blanks in upcoming shows, but it just seemed really weird to me
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
DaleCooper
Art Expert

Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:43 am

Guess just the start of a build up to HHH vs Lesnar at Mania
ColonelCash
Art Expert

Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:31 pm

DaleCooper wrote:Guess just the start of a build up to HHH vs Lesnar at Mania
Just signed Lesnar to a new 2 year agreement, apparently. Personally, I'm not a fan of him. Cena vs Rock at Mania with Cena winning (shocking, I know)

I really don't see the big name *new* talent in the WWE these days. Cena being champ shouldn't be the answer to all the WWE's problems.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:12 pm

ColonelCash wrote:
DaleCooper wrote:Guess just the start of a build up to HHH vs Lesnar at Mania
Just signed Lesnar to a new 2 year agreement, apparently. Personally, I'm not a fan of him. Cena vs Rock at Mania with Cena winning (shocking, I know)

I really don't see the big name *new* talent in the WWE these days. Cena being champ shouldn't be the answer to all the WWE's problems.
I agree with you on Lesnar. I hope he has worked on his wrestling since his last stint in the WWE or he will hurt more people.
SerpentSociety
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:31 pm

If Undertaker can't work Mania, WWE better add Punk to the Cena-Rock rematch. Punk is by far, the best thing in wrestling today.
chalkdust
Art Expert

Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:34 pm

this dude Ryback is a badass, kinda reminds me of Goldberg..

I've actually been keeping up a little more with TNA Impact lately. Jeff Hardy's the champ right now, pretty cool.
DaleCooper
Art Expert

Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:53 am

SerpentSociety wrote:If Undertaker can't work Mania, WWE better add Punk to the Cena-Rock rematch. Punk is by far, the best thing in wrestling today.

Gimme a Punk, Bryan feud and I'll be happy. Also, give Ziggler the title.
shivashakti
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:23 pm

CM Punk is a genius. Best match worker in a long long time. He carried the Rock through that Rumble match like a pro. He, Daniel Bryan(Bryan Danielson), and Antonio Cesaro(Claudio Castagnoli) are the best things WWE has going. It's really great to see all these guys that have put in a ton of work in the indies get a push now that all the old stable is being sent out to pasture.

I hope they give Dean Ambrose(Jon Moxley) from the Shield a push in the future. Ambrose is amazing on the mic. His Moxley character had a Curt Hennig Drunken Tai Pei death match versus this guy Neil Diamond Cutter @ IWA Mid South's Prince of the Deathmatches from a few years ago that must be seen.