My guilty pleasure - WWE

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
mkecasey
Art Expert

Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:18 am

Is taker supposed to be the heel in this? Going into last night, Brock was super over as a face. Suplex City was huge. Then you have undertaker cost the face a championship, give him a low blow, and go back to give him an extra tombstone after teasing a ring exit. I'm okay with Taker being heel if that's what they are doing, but it just seems weird.
kannibaliztik
Art Expert

Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:44 am

given his status and probably very few in ring appearances left, even if they tried to push him as a hell the fans would still go apeshit for him.
"We can hold out through this endless dark, all a fire needs is a single spark"
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:47 pm

I'm holding out hope for one more run of the Corporate Ministry.
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:50 pm

Gotta be heel. Low blows are reserved pretty much exclusively for saying, "by the way, just so everybody knows I'm a heel now." Guessing he'll do something tonight to cement the fact that's how they want to portray him.
xangelx
Art Expert

Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:19 pm

What a terrible finish last night. Even with Taker in the heel role I don't see how this plays out. If they meet at SS I can't see Taker winning at least not in any way close to clean because that will basically destroy everything they've done to build Brock up as monster. If Brock wins again it basically cements him as the guy that put down Taker once and for all but then what do we get as Taker's inevitable retirement or could this be it? Though it's much more likely to happen at Wrestlemania.

Either way I hope at the very least a Taker/Lesner match is the classic they weren't able to deliver last time.

Also what now for Rollins and Owens. Whose Rollin's opponent at SS, please don't let it be Kane. And Owens losing to supercena, where does he go now? I'm hoping for a Cesaro/Cena US title match at SS and Cesaro getting another chance to be elevated.
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion
TheBeard
Art Expert

Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:29 pm

Didn't love the finish but tbh my emotion had already been completely deflated after the Cena/Owens match.

I drymounting hate Cena and the fact that he has made Owens now look like a chump, another midcard heel, really turned me the drymount off that card last night. I don't want to hear all this crap about how "owens was booked strong because of what he kicked out of" and blah blah blah... that doesn't make you look strong. If you get your ass beat and still end up losing, you look like a loser.

But the time Taker came out I was already tuned out. He looked old and the haircut makes this the least menacing Taker I can remember. Also, from a realistic perspective which doesn't nor shouldn't apply to wrestling storylines, I really can't help but be indifferent to a Taker/Lesnar match knowing that Lesnar is still in prime fighting condition while Taker is 50 and can barely walk.
Woodrocket podcast - http://itun.es/us/8lNFJ.c
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:41 pm

I don't give a damn about Cena winning. His open challenge has been the best part of Raw every week, has provided some of the best matches of the year, and has given tons of exposure to guys in said great matches (Owens, Cesaro, Rusev, Neville, Zayn, etc.) It's a fun way to get the crowd involved and behind someone if for no other reason than to beat Cena. The fact that most of these matches have been pretty great is almost a bonus. If him winning means this continues then I'm all for one guaranteed excellent match per week, with the crowd into it.

However, I have no idea why they had Owens tap. After he put it on the second time, I was literally turning to my buddy and saying, "I don't think I've ever seen someone tap to this shitty hold besides Mark Henry" as Owens tapped. If they were gonna have him lose, they should have just gone the route of having him pass out. Make it look like he kicked out of everything and refused to quit until his body just gave up for him. The tapping finish was just stupid.

All that said - if you wanna hate someone over how this went down, I think directing that hate towards Cena may be a bit misguided. Despite what a lot of people think, he doesn't get to decide how the matches end.
TheBeard
Art Expert

Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:54 pm

I am curious as to know who makes the decisions for him in regards to every faucet of his matches. I get his importance to the WWE from a humanitarian aspect all the way to the financial. Out of the ring the dude is a beast and I will never take anything away from what he does. However, by now I am sure his input has a lot of influence on the outcome. Even the small things like how fast he recovers to his stupid over the top exaggerated facial expressions, some part of me truly feels his massive ego sways the direction of his character as much as the uppers in WWE management does.
Woodrocket podcast - http://itun.es/us/8lNFJ.c
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert

Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:30 pm

Maybe Undertaker will join Authority for helping Rollins and they will have him go after Sting since Authority hates Sting? Isnt that the rumored match at SS or WM Just an idea, maybe I am grasping but I agree another Brock/Taker wont be good.
rmoore wrote:Can't trust someone that doesn't like Jurassic Park...
ColonelCash
Art Expert

Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:29 am

Great PPV, but didn't like the Cena win or the Lesnar finish. If Taker was out to get revenge for the streak, why is he two years late? Looks like Taker is going back to the "big dog" era where he rode motorcycles to the ring and all that. Liked seeing Rollins get tossed around though. Hate he still has the belt, feel the crowd was beyond flat when he came out at Battleground.
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:47 am

I thought Raw did a decent job of explaining the Undertakers return (hearing Heyman rub it in week after week eventually wore on him). I also liked the whole HHH/Steph angle of "live booking" the Summer Slam main event and running off to get marketing on the phone followed by gathering the locker room to keep the 2 of them apart to preserve the main event of SS. Cheesey, yes, but a fun and different twist. The brawl was great and I even found something fresh about the main event. It had a nice house show type of vibe. No real reason or story line, just good guys vs bad guys and a great opportunity for the AA>Swing>Sling-Shot-RKO spot.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:12 am

So who will fight for the belt?
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:24 am

Kane?

Cena has a belt. Brock is with Taker. Orton just had his shot. Reigns/Ambrose are with the Wyatts. Dolph is hurt and has Rusev waiting when he comes back. I can't imagine them pushing Cesaro with only a few weeks to go. Who am I forgetting about?
jlabbate
Art Freak

Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:26 am

MJGallicchio wrote:Kane?

Cena has a belt. Brock is with Taker. Orton just had his shot. Reigns/Ambrose are with the Wyatts. Dolph is hurt and has Rusev waiting when he comes back. I can't imagine them pushing Cesaro with only a few weeks to go. Who am I forgetting about?
Sting?

has he done anything since WM?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:41 am

jlabbate wrote:
MJGallicchio wrote:Kane?

Sting?

has he done anything since WM?
Good point. I don't think we've seen him since WM and I'd guess he'll be at SS, but I'm not sure how they would book that. I can't imagine them putting the belt on him, but I also can't see him going 0-2 in the WWE.